Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Which Colt Player Will Step Up And Show Some Leadership?

Blue Horseshoe

Wayne, if anything he will lead by example. The was a nice catch in the back of the end zone, showed alot of focus keeping his feet in.

I think this team can still have decent record, maybe make the playoffs?

The offense just needs to start making plays, it will build confidence, resulting in more great plays. Rightnow, I don't know what to say about the defense. I could understand the defense when Manning was here, the bend but don't break philosophy made perfect sense. A defense that protects a lead. What's the logic in bend but don't break when your not protecting a lead and down by 3 scores??? I don't think personnel is the problem, but what they're told to do is.

Manning and Brackett are out and Collins is too new.

There is an obvious leadership vacuum and someone needs to assert themselves and get the team back on track

Who do you think it will be?

I'll say Saturday & Wayne

Unfortunately, a person can't decide one day to become a leader, either you are or you aren't.

On the other hand, I think our team has great character. I'm very proud of how they conduct themselves on the field and off. Even though things look bleak, you don't hear them backstabbing each other or in football terms throwing team mates 'under the bus'.

GO COLTS!

I am going to go out on a limb here but I really think Pat Angerer would be the guy to get the Defense pumped up and ready to go. I could see him really just leading these guys in the right direction. As far as Offense, Id divided the leadership between wayne leading the Qb, WR, and Rb. and Saturday obviously leading the line.

So my conclusion is I think three leaders(new captains) could be made this season

There is an obvious leadership vacuum and someone needs to assert themselves and get the team back on track

It could be Saturday & Wayne...but you forgot about Snow lol

He probably has the most experience!

Wayne already has both with his play and pulling the offense together in Houston and talking to them when things were going south not unlike Manning in the same spot last year.

As for defense looking Bethea and Angerer to take over calling out the asignments, well Bethea already does it in the secondary but I would guess Angerer will take over calling the front four since he'll slide to the middle linebacker spot.

Agreed, during the week 1 loss towards the end of the game Reggie Wayne gathered everyone in a huddle and basically said " This isnt the end of the season, we need to play better" im paraphrsing of course, but this is the kind of leadersip that might actually get us over the hump while Manning is out.

I think its imperative that Collins steps up into a leadership position. He was so pedestrian last Sunday. I want to see him vocalizing and really take ownership of this offense.

I think the same, it is hard to make a WR or Colts defensive player our leader, according to our tradition. Nobody does it better than Collins. But the thing is he needs to improve his game and chemistry with Wayne, s.t. he can have the confidence as a natural leader instead of just a vocal one.

Reggie on O and Freeney on D.... wait a second. There is 52 other men on the roster besides Peyton. I say everyone steps up! If one or two does..expect the same results as last week. It takes a TEAM to win..no where in team do I seen in parenthesis "Wayne" or "Saturday" or "Bethea" They will all rise-up to the challenge. I highly doubt they want to be embarrassed again like last week in Houston. They are professionals...