OLB Barwin 4 years 40 million

Colts trade 1 to Cards for 236

2 Trufant CB

3 Williams OT

3 Jenkins OLB

4 Bell RB

6 Fuller WR

6 Hopkins K

Dishing out 40 million to Barwin is way way way off for a guy that had 3 sacks in 16 starts this year, certainly not worth that, besides he would be a better fit in the Mathis role, definitly not a pure pass rusher, Ill pass and draft Freeneys replacement

We need to acquire Reggie Bush for 3 or 4 years though FA.

Addai only had 1000 yards rushing in his first two years with the Colts.  Donald Brown has never rushed for more than 700 yards in four years.  The last Colt to perform well running was Edgerrin James.  At least with Reggie Bush you have a duel threat of a 1000 yard runner and an excellent receiver 300+ yards but expect 4 fumbles a year. 

I don’t know about the rest of you, but 3 good years of Bush putting up over 1000 yards from scrimmage is better than what we have had recently.   Vick Ballard is signed until 2015 and Donald Brown is a FA after 2013.  With signing Bush we can trade Brown now for a third round hopefully to the Lions which have the 5th pick.  This would make up somewhat for not having a second round selection this year and the Lions are already looking at Bush but doubt they can afford him due to cap space limitations.

Addai only had 1000 yards rushing in his first two years with the Colts.  Donald Brown has never rushed for more than 700 yards in four years.  The last Colt to perform well running was Edgerrin James.  At least with Reggie Bush you have a duel threat of a 1000 yard runner and an excellent receiver 300+ yards but expect 4 fumbles a year. 

I don’t know about the rest of you, but 3 good years of Bush putting up over 1000 yards from scrimmage is better than what we have had recently.   Vick Ballard is signed until 2015 and Donald Brown is a FA after 2013.  With signing Bush we can trade Brown now for a third round hopefully to the Lions which have the 5th pick.  This would make up somewhat for not having a second round selection this year and the Lions are already looking at Bush but doubt they can afford him due to cap space limitations.

Um, No we don't. I wouldn't sign Bush for 3 or 4 days, let alone 3 or 4 yrs..

Addai only had 1000 yards rushing in his first two years with the Colts. Donald Brown has never rushed for more than 700 yards in four years. The last Colt to perform well running was Edgerrin James. At least with Reggie Bush you have a duel threat of a 1000 yard runner and an excellent receiver 300+ yards but expect 4 fumbles a year.

I don’t know about the rest of you, but 3 good years of Bush putting up over 1000 yards from scrimmage is better than what we have had recently. Vick Ballard is signed until 2015 and Donald Brown is a FA after 2013. With signing Bush we can trade Brown now for a third round hopefully to the Lions which have the 5th pick. This would make up somewhat for not having a second round selection this year and the Lions are already looking at Bush but doubt they can afford him due to cap space limitations.

No to paying for Bush in FA, we have much bigger areas of need. We can find a late draft pick or UDFA RB, if the colts decide they want another RB. No one is going to give anything close to a 3rd(or 4th, or 5th, ....) round pick for Brown.

I do not usually say yay or nay to mock drafts...just make comments.  My thoughts:  Put the number 32 in the rafters of Lucas Oil Stadium today (Give Edge his dues)  :colts:  :colts:  and send Cassius Vaughn packing. Send him to a division team that we play twice so we can burn him as much as he was burned this past year.....Cassius made me nauseous  :woah:  :error:  :oops:  :sorry: That last part did not rhyme    :funny:

Edited by BrentMc11

We have lots of needs agreed but the new OC already wants us to be more physical running and the Colts have always got guys that can receive as well. Fully expect us to go after Levitre in FA and and draft two more offensive players to help. We got 43m to play with which means more freedom to be more active in FA than in previous years. Obviously we can upgrade a lot of areas with 20m to 25m.

We have lots of needs agreed but the new OC already wants us to be more physical running and the Colts have always got guys that can receive as well. Fully expect us to go after Levitre in FA and and draft two more offensive players to help. We got 43m to play with which means more freedom to be more active in FA than in previous years. Obviously we can upgrade a lot of areas with 20m to 25m.

I think you may as well forget Levitre. Not only is he almost a lock to be franchised, but he also is a zone blocking lineman. I don't think he's a good fit for our man blocking scheme.

That is not a change in philosophy, Pagano said he wanted a power running game first day he was hired.

Re-Sign

Butler

McAfee

Vaughn

Moala

8 million

Sign

NT Sopoaga 1 year 3 million

OG Britton 2 years 12million

OT Baker 2 years 10million

S Reed 1 year 2 million

DT/DE Jones. 4 years 10 million

OLB Barwin 4 years 40 million

Colts trade 1 to Cards for 236

2 Trufant CB

3 Williams OT

3 Jenkins OLB

4 Bell RB

6 Fuller WR

6 Hopkins K

I am all for seeing what Britton can do, but he's cooking in the last chance kitchen, and can probably be had for much closer to league min.

Grigson should really take a good long look at Graham Pocic out of Illinois 6-7 / 310 and could possibly play any position on the o-line.He might even possibly fall of the draft boards and not even be draft the colts could sign him and give him a shot at making the team could be another good non-drafted free agent.

http://www.fightingillini.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/graham_pocic_349386.html

I think you may as well forget Levitre. Not only is he almost a lock to be franchised, but he also is a zone blocking lineman. I don't think he's a good fit for our man blocking scheme.

I agree that he doesn't fit our scheme, but I wouldn't say he's a lock to be franchised. Not when they have Jairus Byrd as a FA as well. One of those two gets the tag and I'm guessing it'll be Byrd.

I agree that he doesn't fit our scheme, but I wouldn't say he's a lock to be franchised. Not when they have Jairus Byrd as a FA as well. One of those two gets the tag and I'm guessing it'll be Byrd.

Well I said almost a lock, but I do think he'll get the franchise tag over Byrd. Just a feeling I have because their other starting guard(Rhinehart) is also a free agent.

Well I said almost a lock, but I do think he'll get the franchise tag over Byrd. Just a feeling I have because their other starting guard(Rhinehart) is also a free agent.

I believe their other starting guard is Ubrik..who they extended a while back.

I believe their other starting guard is Ubrik..who they extended a while back.

Yep, you're right. I was thinking he still started there because Urbik was injured for a while wasn't he? Forgot all about Urbik to be honest. It doesn't change my opinion though, I still think Levitre will be franchised and I still don't think he's a good fit for our scheme.

That money is not going to go as far as people think, especially if we hire a couple of the bigger names that have been floated around. I also do not think Grigson will spend every dime; he will be wanting to save some ammunition for cut down dates and in season moves as well. I doubt we go into the season having spent 99–100%.of the cap... thats just not a smart move... imo

That money is not going to go as far as people think, especially if we hire a couple of the bigger names that have been floated around. I also do not think Grigson will spend every dime; he will be wanting to save some ammunition for cut down dates and in season moves as well. I doubt we go into the season having spent 99–100%.of the cap... thats just not a smart move... imo

I agree with this. I think Grigs will leave somewhere around 6 to 8 million at the beginning of the season just in case he spots a possible trade target that he thinks will help us out. He proved last season he wasn't afraid to pull the trigger on deal that will make us better. Also for injuries that arise through the season and has to sign somebody off the street.

Resignings

Mcaffee  Excellent Punter

Butler   Good Slot Corner

Moala  Good DE rotational player

FA Signings

WR : wes welker

OG Andy Levitre  To anchor the interior line

OLB  Paul Kruger    Great Pass Rusher  has ties with Pagano 

CB Sean Smith   Quality #2 CB 

OT Sebastian Vollmer    Good solid RT   and winston justice was just awful to watch play

Draft 

1st round   DT  John Jenkins  Georgia big body up the middle  help stop the run

3rd round  Sean Porter  Texas A/M     Great pass rusher    Steal of the draft

4th round  RB Marcus Lattimore

6th round  OT Reed Fragil 

Wayne        Hilton        Fleener              Costanzo       Joe Reitz    Samson Satele      Andy Levitre         Vollmer              Welker

Ballard      Luck          Allen

Mathis           Redding        John Jenkins     Moala           Kruger

Jerell Freeman   Pat Angerer      Kavell Connor

Davis           Butler                  Smith                           Tom Zbidkiowski                   Antoine Bethea  

Kicker    Vinianteri                                 Punter   Pat Mc affee              

Resignings

Mcaffee  Excellent Punter

Butler   Good Slot Corner

Moala  Good DE rotational player

FA Signings

WR : wes welker

OG Andy Levitre  To anchor the interior line

OLB  Paul Kruger    Great Pass Rusher  has ties with Pagano 

CB Sean Smith   Quality #2 CB 

OT Sebastian Vollmer    Good solid RT   and winston justice was just awful to watch play

Draft 

1st round   DT  John Jenkins  Georgia big body up the middle  help stop the run

3rd round  Sean Porter  Texas A/M     Great pass rusher    Steal of the draft

4th round  RB Marcus Lattimore

6th round  OT Reed Fragil 

Sean Smith and Kruger are going to want big contracts, and I think in the first round we should go S/CB/OG/OLB/OT because DT/NT/DE can be picked up in the later rounds. 

DRAFT 2013

1. Trade (2nd, 3rd, 5th) (5th for Peyton Manning)

2. Warford, Thomas, Watson, Thomas, Jones (OL) or Elam (S)

3. Thomas, Brown, Jenkins, Porter (LB) or Cyprien (S)

3. DaRick Rogers, Chris Harper, Kenyon Barner  (WR) 

4. Thomas (S) or Hyde, Slay, Hawthorne (CB)

5. Jonathan Franklin, Stephen Taylor, Levon Bell (RB)

5. Hawkinson, Armstead (OL) or Motta (S)

6. Brad Wing (P)

7. ?

FA

Killeen (OLB/DE), Kelley (WR), Kruger (DL), Baker and/or Levitre (OL)

Re-Sign
Butler
Vaughn
Moala

Karim

Young teams need experience up front (OL, DL) young playmakers to grow/gel together.

DRAFT 2013

1. Trade (2nd, 3rd, 5th) (5th for Peyton Manning)

2. Warford, Thomas, Watson, Thomas, Jones (OL) or Elam (S)

3. Thomas, Brown, Jenkins, Porter (LB) or Cyprien (S)

3. DaRick Rogers, Chris Harper, Kenyon Barner  (WR) 

4. Thomas (S) or Hyde, Slay, Hawthorne (CB)

5. Jonathan Franklin, Stephen Taylor, Levon Bell (RB)

5. Hawkinson, Armstead (OL) or Motta (S)

6. Brad Wing (P)

7. ?

FA

Killeen (OLB/DE), Kelley (WR), Kruger (DL), Baker and/or Levitre (OL)

Re-Sign

Butler

Vaughn

Moala

Karim

Young teams need experience up front (OL, DL) young playmakers to grow/gel together.

5th for Peyton Manning?