Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

B/R updated mock AFTER the superbowl

Kyle Rodriguez a columnist on bleacherreport.com has a Mock for our picks, quite interesting:

first round: Desmond Trufant

3rd round: Sean Porter ( has been compared alot to Denver's Von Miller, Strong edge rusher, good run stopper)

4th round: Hugh Thornton (guard out of Illinois good downhill blocker)

6th round: Aaron Mellette (WR out of Elon @ 6'4 212 lbs) 

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1514887-colts-mock-draft-fresh-predictions-after-the-super-bowl/page/5

I like it...defense the first two picks then offense with the last two picks. opposite of how last years was where we went with offense the first few round and a couple of our last picks go defense. 

Kyle Rodriguez a columnist on bleacherreport.com has a Mock for our picks, quite interesting:

3rd round: Sean Porter ( has been compared alot to Denver's Von Miller, Strong edge rusher, good run stopper)

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1514887-colts-mock-draft-fresh-predictions-after-the-super-bowl/page/5

I like it...defense the first two picks then offense with the last two picks. opposite of how last years was where we went with offense the first few round and a couple of our last picks go defense. 

I actually read this mock earlier...not huge on Bleacher Report in General but still fun to look at... :)

I actually think he has something with Thornton and Mellette.  

Our OL coach has Illini ties, and if you watched this kid during the year he levels people.

As for Mellette, his stock has dropped since the Senior Bowl.....What other than Andrew Luck, Chuck Pagano and the WCO to add a little Pep to a rookie that just happens to be 6'4"......Just saying these 2 picks may happen.....not saying they may not be taken due to the BPA philosophy... :coltshelmet:  :coltshelmet:

Edited by BrentMc11

Not a huge fan. Trufant may have showed promise at the Senior Bowl, but he is still a smaller corner. I want a corner with size opposite Davis. Maybe if we traded down to the mid 2nd and Trufant were still there Id consider it.

I don't like the Porter pick. He's an undersized 4-3 OLBer and doesn't fit our system at all.

ummm he was a 3-4 OLB at A&M. and he actually played the position quite well considering the conference he played in. only issue with getting him is, what do you do with mathis afterwards, move him to freeneys side?

Not a huge fan. Trufant may have showed promise at the Senior Bowl, but he is still a smaller corner. I want a corner with size opposite Davis. Maybe if we traded down to the mid 2nd and Trufant were still there Id consider it.

im with you on trufant, if we are going to take a DB with the first pick i would much prefer to go safety and get Elam. 

ummm he was a 3-4 OLB at A&M. and he actually played the position quite well considering the conference he played in. only issue with getting him is, what do you do with mathis afterwards, move him to freeneys side?

College is much different than the pro's. I still say he is to undersized to play rush OLBer in our system. I guess you could move Mathis to rush lber, but I still don't think he fits. JMO.

College is much different than the pro's. I still say he is to undersized to play rush OLBer in our system. I guess you could move Mathis to rush lber, but I still don't think he fits. JMO.

In today's NFL 6' 2" 230 is almost what a new wave safety needs to be to handle the athletic TE sets with big hits...the Gronks of the world....Porter is good, but too small for the 3-4....IMO...

I don't want to throw-up in my mouth.....   but as far as projections for the Colts draft,  I've seen much worse.

This might be one of the better offerings BR has ever given....  of course, with them, the bar is set so low,  it's not hard to clear it.   Beating low expectations is always a good thing....

He is a good player but not a pure pass rushing 3-4 OLB, he is more the Mathis and Hughes role, he is also not an elite pass rusher, waste of a pick for us, rather have Brandon Jenkins or a couple others that come to mind, Jaimie Collins 

Dont understand the fascination with some people wasting a draft pick no matter what round on a freakin Punter, get a position player, I'd rather have Okafor or Rhodes in the 1st round an or trade down to the 2nd and pick Okafor there while picking up another 3rd and draft Travis Frederick and Brandon Williams

IDk all i know is we wont get much for OLB in a draft outside the second round.  not one that will fit perfectly in freeny's spot.

you do know he is the same size as freeney right?? 10 lbs in difference.

Porter is listed at 6'2" 230 lbs. Freeney is 6'1" 270 lbs. Thats a 40 lb difference. Unless they have his weight listed wrong and he's much bigger than he looks, he is much smaller than Freeney. 

dont understand why so many are fascinated with Porter, he is way undersized for a 3-4 OLB plus and he is a weak side 4-3 OLB best in pursuit and at best in our system he fits the Mathis/Hughes role, most mocks have him as a 3rd round pick I have seen 

1. TRADE for #2,3,5th.

2. Hankins, Williams-DT or Hopkins-WR

3. Larry Warford-G

3. Dallas Thomas-G or Menelik Watson-OT

4. Kwame Geathers-NT or Phillip Thomas-S

5. Alvin Bailey-G or Khalid Holmes-C

5. Slay-DB

6. Motta-SS

7. Brad Wing-P

FA: Killeen (DE/OLB), Kelley (WR)

I don't want you to pull the pin on your grenade.....      but....

In the 2nd, I don't think Hankins or Williams will be there...

In the 3rd, I don't think Warford, Thomas or Watson will be there...

In the 4th, I don't think Thomas will be there...

And in the 5th, I don't think Holmes will be there...

Don't get me wrong,   I really, really like all of these players...   and I'd be thrilled if you were right....   but I think all of them will go higher -- maybe even much higher -- than you're projecting....

Just sayin....

I don't want you to pull the pin on your grenade.....      but....

In the 2nd, I don't think Hankins or Williams will be there...

In the 3rd, I don't think Warford, Thomas or Watson will be there...

In the 4th, I don't think Thomas will be there...

And in the 5th, I don't think Holmes will be there...

Don't get me wrong,   I really, really like all of these players...   and I'd be thrilled if you were right....   but I think all of them will go higher -- maybe even much higher -- than you're projecting....

Just sayin....

I've seen that statement a lot...they won't be there in the ??? There will be a lot of miscellaneous picks like last year.  ~15 random picks will push a few our way. Here is the perfect draft...cheers.

1. Trade for more picks

2. (Best value as it pertains to the Colts need to win Super Bowl(s))

3. Best Available based on previous selection(s) 

3. Best Available based on previous selection(s)

4. Best Available based on previous selection(s)

5. Best Available based on previous selection(s)

5. Best Available based on previous selection(s)

6. Best Available based on previous selection(s)

7. Best Available based on previous selection(s)

FA: Killeen, Kelley...to be continued.

Porter is listed at 6'2" 230 lbs. Freeney is 6'1" 270 lbs. Thats a 40 lb difference. Unless they have his weight listed wrong and he's much bigger than he looks, he is much smaller than Freeney. 

yeah i just saw that, which really is strange cause i got the 245 just the other day off of ESPN's website and it had freeney listed at 245. and then looking at it earlier today after i had made that post (of course it was to late to change my post lol) it had him listed at 265.