Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Nfl Fans Asked To Leave Time For Enhanced Screening

Coltssouth

An "enhanced screening". Wow, sounds like it's in 3D or something.

The last few times I went through security it was at a County building in PA. No pat down, but you have to put all metal items in a tray - including your belt. Then you have to walk about 15 feet and put all your stuff back together without your pants falling down. Sad to say, I find this more challenging nowadays than I used to. :)

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only one that has had a pat down before every game since 9/11? I am pretty sure everyone in front of me also got a pat down. Granted they were looking for vest bombs and not a small taser, but unless they start grabing parts a little too long, I'll be OK with it.

How about this as a way to prevent this crap, mandatory 3 years in prison if you are found to display a weapon during the game. If you use it it is compounded.

This past the paranoid stage? i dont think so... im not trying to go off topic here but in this day and age you will be surprised to know the kind of crazy things ppl are capable of doing.. Im in the Para regiment in the UK and we support the SAS on some missions in afghan, ive never been on tour yet due to an injury, but the kind of tactics these ppl use is just desperate and its not just them either. The precautions they are taking are the right thing imo, ppl may feel violated but when you look across you and see ali bam bam there getting the same treatment... i think you will feel a bit safer lol.. well i would anyway.... No rascism was meant in that comment btw i love everyone... just saying lol

and we cause those crazies to act upon us byh doing the things we do over there....that is what caused 9/11....they don't hate us because of our freedom they hate us because we go over there and try to tell them how they can live when we would never allow that to happen here........the hypocrisy is amazing

Am I the only one that has had a pat down before every game since 9/11? I am pretty sure everyone in front of me also got a pat down. Granted they were looking for vest bombs and not a small taser, but unless they start grabing parts a little too long, I'll be OK with it.

How about this as a way to prevent this crap, mandatory 3 years in prison if you are found to display a weapon during the game. If you use it it is compounded.

well then by this logic we should have checkpoints in all major cities because somebody could try something on one of the busy streets......i'll take my chances.....if you want to live in fear of everything just stay home

and we cause those crazies to act upon us byh doing the things we do over there....that is what caused 9/11....they don't hate us because of our freedom they hate us because we go over there and try to tell them how they can live when we would never allow that to happen here........the hypocrisy is amazing

that is not true, after the gulf war there was no presence in iraq, and very little in afghanistan.. they stirred up the hornets nest buy their actions in NY. those terrorist hate who we as a ppl are and what we believe in. Troops have pulled out of iraq and its getting much worse over there, they will never change, so no its not because we are over there because troops arent in yemen yet thats where the biggest cell is now.

that is not true, after the gulf war there was no presence in iraq, and very little in afghanistan.. they stirred up the hornets nest buy their actions in NY. those terrorist hate who we as a ppl are and what we believe in. Troops have pulled out of iraq and its getting much worse over there, they will never change, so no its not because we are over there because troops arent in yemen yet thats where the biggest cell is now.

so us giving aid to israel and not palestine wouldn't anger them?.........or setting up bases in saudi arabia their holy land during the gulf war wouldn't anger them?......that is exactly why bin laden was angry with the united states he also had no love for the leadership of saudi arabia for allowing it....

so us giving aid to israel and not palestine wouldn't anger them?.........or setting up bases in saudi arabia their holy land during the gulf war wouldn't anger them?......that is exactly why bin laden was angry with the united states he also had no love for the leadership of saudi arabia for allowing it....

The Saudis invited us into their holy land to defend them against Iraq. That being said I thought this was a forum about football not politics. I have no issues with getting patted down. Every single game I've been to I got patted down, and everyone in front of me got patted down. I don't think this is going to be any different than in the past, which is why it baffles me that the NFL is making a big deal of this.

well then by this logic we should have checkpoints in all major cities because somebody could try something on one of the busy streets......i'll take my chances.....if you want to live in fear of everything just stay home

What logic???? Your response to my post makes NO sense. I am saying that this is the same as it has been for 10 years, and I do not live in fear about it. I have been to every home game for since 99 and never had a problem (except the one time they were questioning my real horseshoe necklace that I had worn to every game for years). No one is forcing me to go to the game I'll put up with this as long as they do go too far like "take off your shoes and get there 2 hours before the game". As for the mandatory prison, don't bring a weapon to the game and you will not have to worry about it.

yea dude i dont wanna get way off topic here, as the previous post stated they were invited to defend the saudi's, the point is pat downs are a good thing, when ppl get into the stadium they can have one less thing to worry about.

Its the British army but no problem lol, but i get where your coming from though.. then again that pat down doesnt restrict your freedom, only restriction it prevents is weapons.

You're in the British Military? I can't say anything other than....thats so cool! A colts fan in the British Army., neat.

Truth be told, not even the most esteemed Islamic scholars can agree on what is, and is not Muslim "Holy Land". The sentiment is conveyed to the ignorant masses in the Middle East to incite hatred against the West. Oddly, Bin Laden didn't have much of an issue allowing the U.S. on his "Holy Land" when he was fighting the Soviet Union.

I heard the Colts have to do additional pat downs just in case the fans try to smuggle in a Defensive Line.

This is funny, I approve.

Funnier still is that a fan could probably actually hide our current tiny D-line under their clothes while security would be none the wiser.

Its not very big tbh, i was in wembley for last years game and fans were wearing all types of jerseys and the enthusiasm just wasnt there. But there are a few spots where you can find some real fans.

That's what I kinda figured, perhaps the NFL believes if they build it, they will come. But will London fans really care about the opponents back in the states? Rivalries with other European countries seems to be a big push in soccer, but there's no way the NFL starts multiple franchises in Europe at the same time. So a interest in rivalries between London and U.S. cities will have to be there.

Do you think Londoners would get a kick out of cheering for their team against Americans?

Couple things Id like to say.

As far as security checkpoints, patdowns, etc...if you honestly believe you are safer because of them, you truly are naive. Its just a show to placate the masses that dont know any better.

You wont really stop anything from happening unless you strip and cavity search EVERY person. That wont ever happen, so back to square one. It doesnt work, but judging from this thread, it sure makes people feel safer, and thats the point. Feeling safer rather than actually being safer.

I happen to side with Ruksak and Coffee on this one.

We give up freedom to feel safe. I personally would rather be left to my own devices, knowing I can keep myself safe, rather than worry if someone else can get there fast enough to save me. I know they dont get there fast enough most times, because Im the one coming to help.

From that experience I can tell you that there are people out there that will find a way to do whatever they plan to do without regard to those "security measures" that help some of you sleep more soundly.

Do you think they will walk through the line and checkpoints like everyone else? Really? If you do, thats just sad.

Say someone wanted to blow the Luke. They would most likely find other ways in...like a job of some type, or delivery, etc.

Bad guys dont follow the rules...

One more point...about the home "invasion" as someone put it in Indiana.

It most likely wont stand, and will go to the Supreme Court.

It appeared to be an odd reaction to everyone, including the LE community.

Personally, most LE I know, wont act any differently than before with regard to entering a persons home...and besides, its not like we are the Gestapo or something.

If you didnt do anything wrong, you have nothing to fear.

Oh, sort of a PS, I guess.

Odd how the security can pull you out and search you for no reason other than you want to enter a facility, but as a LEO, I cant do that to you without violating your Constitutional Rights.

Seems something in there is wrong...

it's also worth pointing out.....how many terrorist has any of this security found or stopped......that would be 0.....

remember in the state of indiana they are trying to say that you can not refuse police entry into your home......

See what an excellent job the TSA is doing?

Your probably right Lodogg, police probably don't want to enter people's homes without a warrant or back up. Just because it legal, doesn't mean its safe. Still needs to go though, hopefully your right and it gets thrown out. Its a basic right of citizens and not a very safe thing to do for police

I'm on the con side of this discussion as well.

Not that I don't see benefit in security (if it were effective). I just have a really difficult time with the freedom they feel in invading ours. It's one step at a time and we all have our limit of tolerance.

From the wise guy side of me, I can't determine which way to go with this. I'm torn between making an argument that this was part of the CBA. Goodell not only wanted to protect the players, but the fans also. OR, This has nothing to do with terrorism, but with European Soccer, and they're finally getting around to do something about it after the SF Giants fan incident.

Your probably right Lodogg, police probably don't want to enter people's homes without a warrant or back up. Just because it legal, doesn't mean its safe. Still needs to go though, hopefully your right and it gets thrown out. Its a basic right of citizens and not a very safe thing to do for police

Thats exactly right. Part of the reason the Constitution was written as it is originally was due to British soldiers being able to just waltz right into your home and stay as long as they pleased, and you had to feed them. That also lead to things being taken, etc. Citizens couldnt refuse entrance to the military, and the Founding Fathers wanted to be sure people were safe from that (also see Illegal Searches and Seizures in there for the topic of this conversation).

So odd that they would rule as they did. Id say Im 100% positive it will be overturned, but nothing is certain, except for the fact that I think it should be overturned and is un-constitutional.

As much as Id love to kick someones door in and say "Im hungry, whats in the fridge?", its not right.

You just cant torment whoever you want to root out the bad guys.

The same reason its better for 10 guilty people to walk free than for one innocent person to be jailed, its how we roll in the US, and it should ALWAYS be that way.

Thats exactly right. Part of the reason the Constitution was written as it is originally was due to British soldiers being able to just waltz right into your home and stay as long as they pleased, and you had to feed them. That also lead to things being taken, etc. Citizens couldnt refuse entrance to the military, and the Founding Fathers wanted to be sure people were safe from that (also see Illegal Searches and Seizures in there for the topic of this conversation).

So odd that they would rule as they did. Id say Im 100% positive it will be overturned, but nothing is certain, except for the fact that I think it should be overturned and is un-constitutional.

As much as Id love to kick someones door in and say "Im hungry, whats in the fridge?", its not right.

You just cant torment whoever you want to root out the bad guys.

The same reason its better for 10 guilty people to walk free than for one innocent person to be jailed, its how we roll in the US, and it should ALWAYS be that way.

If youd run for sheriff, I'd vote for you. I think we need new justices though.

Its not very big tbh, i was in wembley for last years game and fans were wearing all types of jerseys and the enthusiasm just wasnt there. But there are a few spots where you can find some real fans.

I respectfully disagree. I've been there for the last 3 games, and the enthusiasm is terrific, as is the atmosphere. It differs from big time soccer games, where you have two sets of 30,000 fans screaming at each other. At the Wembley game, the vast majority of the spectators don't really care who wins.

Would we get 80,000 fans 8 times a year? I doubt it. Just about all those that atttend already follow a team, and I certainly wouldn't dump my Colts for the London Monarchs. But perhaps our kids would?

Now who do I cheer on next month, Bucs or Bears?

This whole thing just reeks of Janet Incompetano. She lets millions of illegals swarm across the border whenever they like, many of which are carrying guns sold to them by Eric Holder, and then she subjects innocent law abiding citizens to the most humiliating invasive screening procedures she can possibly get away with just because they want to watch a ball game or fly home to see their grandkids.

Haven't we already had this in place at Lucas Oil Stadium for years? Pat downs have not been intrusive. They do go through purses and make you take your jacket off. It has always been pretty quick and the security people are very nice.

Much nicer than TSA.

That said, I think there needs to be more accountability for TSA and the police in general.

I have had my home robbed twice and my husband's business robbed so many times I cannot count. They have never ever recovered anything or arrested anyone. In fact, the police at my home pretty much told me they were there to give me enough information to file an insurance claim.

One time my husband actually knew WHERE his stolen goods went. He gave the police name and address.............but the police never arrested the guy because he was never home when they went there.

TSA these days has open license to pull your bags and hold them for search.............without informing you. so you end up looking for your bags at the end of your trip and asking and asking and asking. ...........until you find someone who says something other than, NOT MY JOB

Only to find they were pulled off the plane.

My daughter just flew back from Spain and this happened to her. When she finally got her bags back she was not only missing things...........but also had things in her bag that did not belong to her.

I guess my point is, reasonable security is fine. But it does seem to me that there needs to be limits on what these people can do.

The families of the innocent people the 10 criminals murder after they are released might have a different opinion.

Doesnt matter what they think. Its whats right. How about the innocent guy who spends 30 years in prison?

Is it ok now to jail innocent people? What to you tell him now that he has a criminal record, has lost his entire life, and any chance at being successful at anything, all because we got the 10 bad guys too.

Its not acceptable.

If the evidence isnt there to convict them, they arent really guilty, and if it is there, they wont walk...its that simple.

Besides, where are these 10 murders who were caught and not sent to prison?

Thats one I havent heard of.

Am I the only one that has had a pat down before every game since 9/11?

No, you're not the only one. I've been to four games at four different stadiums since 2007 and been patted down at every one. Heck, I was patted down three times in six hours in Philadelphia. Once before going in to see the Liberty Bell, once before going into Independance Hall, and once going into the stadium for the Colts/Eagles game. It is not invasive at all. I don't see why such a big deal is being made of it all of a sudden. Seems like much ado about nothing.

Just throwing this out there.

At the last game I attended I got a pat-down. The lady then remarked . . . oh that must be a camera in your pocket (when in fact it was a pack of cigarettes and let me through.) I realize they try to be as inoffensive as possible when dealing with the public but I do question how effective this is in regards to public safety.

We are going through more and more safety precautions everywhere we go and I don't see them being that safe or that big of a change in the security we are being impositioned with "for our own good".

It's not so much that I mind the pat-down . . . it's that I mind it being done, with the extra time consumed, and not being done effectively.

I respectfully disagree. I've been there for the last 3 games, and the enthusiasm is terrific, as is the atmosphere. It differs from big time soccer games, where you have two sets of 30,000 fans screaming at each other. At the Wembley game, the vast majority of the spectators don't really care who wins.

Would we get 80,000 fans 8 times a year? I doubt it. Just about all those that atttend already follow a team, and I certainly wouldn't dump my Colts for the London Monarchs. But perhaps our kids would?

Now who do I cheer on next month, Bucs or Bears?

Thats what im saying that passion for your team to beat the other isnt there because for the main fact its not their team playing. yes they are a fan of football but most of those fans come all the way out of london to see that game. i dont think the nfl is even close to being ready to have a team in the UK... its kinda hard watching a monday night game when it starts like 1am in the morning lol.

Couple things Id like to say.

As far as security checkpoints, patdowns, etc...if you honestly believe you are safer because of them, you truly are naive. Its just a show to placate the masses that dont know any better.

You wont really stop anything from happening unless you strip and cavity search EVERY person. That wont ever happen, so back to square one. It doesnt work, but judging from this thread, it sure makes people feel safer, and thats the point. Feeling safer rather than actually being safer.

I happen to side with Ruksak and Coffee on this one.

We give up freedom to feel safe. I personally would rather be left to my own devices, knowing I can keep myself safe, rather than worry if someone else can get there fast enough to save me. I know they dont get there fast enough most times, because Im the one coming to help.

From that experience I can tell you that there are people out there that will find a way to do whatever they plan to do without regard to those "security measures" that help some of you sleep more soundly.

Do you think they will walk through the line and checkpoints like everyone else? Really? If you do, thats just sad.

Say someone wanted to blow the Luke. They would most likely find other ways in...like a job of some type, or delivery, etc.

Bad guys dont follow the rules...

One more point...about the home "invasion" as someone put it in Indiana.

It most likely wont stand, and will go to the Supreme Court.

It appeared to be an odd reaction to everyone, including the LE community.

Personally, most LE I know, wont act any differently than before with regard to entering a persons home...and besides, its not like we are the Gestapo or something.

If you didnt do anything wrong, you have nothing to fear.

Oh, sort of a PS, I guess.

Odd how the security can pull you out and search you for no reason other than you want to enter a facility, but as a LEO, I cant do that to you without violating your Constitutional Rights.

Seems something in there is wrong...

that is very wrong i mean like wow, first off look at traffic stops on the border what do they do? they do checks for any suspicious thing and make sure things are in order.. of course some things do find their way in because thats how things are BUT if those traffic stops werent there? just imagine how much more things would be let into a city or country...

Just like the pat downs now, it doesnt have to be a bomb it could be a gun and someone doesnt know about the pat downs, he goes to the stadium and he sees the pat downs and bam he turns around and leave.. one scenario avoided. the pat down is a good safetey measure and its VERY helpful, in all types of measures civvy, military or traveling.

of course you cant stop everything and some ppl would rather feel comfortable than safe so idk.

Doesnt matter what they think. Its whats right. How about the innocent guy who spends 30 years in prison?

Is it ok now to jail innocent people? What to you tell him now that he has a criminal record, has lost his entire life, and any chance at being successful at anything, all because we got the 10 bad guys too.

Its not acceptable.

If the evidence isnt there to convict them, they arent really guilty, and if it is there, they wont walk...its that simple.

Besides, where are these 10 murders who were caught and not sent to prison?

Thats one I havent heard of.

Exactly how is releasing violent criminals back onto the public "right"?

psst... The murders in my example occurred AFTER the criminals were released but killers walk all the time, often for completely ridiculous reasons. Since this is a football forum and not a legal one I will throw out a particularly glaring football example, OJ Simpson. All of the evidence pointed to guilt and yet he walked because Mark Furman may have been a racist at some point.

Exactly how is releasing violent criminals back onto the public "right"?

psst... The murders in my example occurred AFTER the criminals were released but killers walk all the time, often for completely ridiculous reasons. Since this is a football forum and not a legal one I will throw out a particularly glaring football example, OJ Simpson. All of the evidence pointed to guilt and yet he walked because Mark Furman may have been a racist at some point.

He is not saying it is right to let a violent criminal go. He is saying it is better to let one go free then to imprison an innocent person. He is 100% correct with that.

OJ got sway with it because the prosecution where bumbling *, the police department did not handle the crime scene right, and our system requires beyond a reasonable doubt to convict. It's like the whole officer bisard situation here in Indy. The police didn't handle e blood tests probably so it has to be thrown out and he won't have it used against hm when he goes to court.

My questions is are they inspecting all vehicles that come into LOS? People can sneak guns, bombs, and other weapons just as easily that way then walking up to the checkpoints. If something is to happen it would be more likely to happen that way then someone just trying to walk a bomb in.