Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andrew Luck/David Letterman Super Bowl commercial

Jules

No problem. Whenver Dave talks about football on the show he always refers to them as "my Indianapolis Colts".

He's a big backer of his Indiana roots.  He sent Biff to Ball State for Home Coming one year and regularly joked about renaming the football stadium or basketball arena after him when they were doing well.  He also had Brad Stevens on after the first final four run and joked about doubling his salary to go coach Ball State.  He also co-owns an Indy Car team and always comes back to Indianapolis for the 500 every year. 

Post a link...I'd love to see it.

I always cracked up when Dave would say...."Indianapolis drinking water is SAFE!" lol

Easy to find on YouTube, just search Luck and Letterman.

I loved this part:

“Are you happy to be in Indianapolis?” Letterman asked.

“Absolutely,” Luck said. “Couldn’t be more thrilled, absolutely.”

“Do you know anything about the town?” Letterman asked, as he pulled out a business card from his desk with Letterman’s mother’s home address on it, handing it to Luck.

He's a big backer of his Indiana roots.  He sent Biff to Ball State for Home Coming one year and regularly joked about renaming the football stadium or basketball arena after him when they were doing well.  He also had Brad Stevens on after the first final four run and joked about doubling his salary to go coach Ball State.  He also co-owns an Indy Car team and always comes back to Indianapolis for the 500 every year.

The Communications and Media building at Ball State is named after him:

http://cms.bsu.edu/academics/collegesanddepartments/ccim/facilitiesandequipment/lettermanbuilding

I think that he made a pretty significant donation to the university so that they could purchase state of the art equipment.

The name of his foundation that he uses for charitable giving is "The American Foundation for Courtesy and Grooming" LOL.

I loved the commercial.

And this may be a stupid question but is Letterman a Colts fan?

I know others have answered this already, but I thought I would add in, that Ball State University has a building called the Letterman building.

I've heard he visits quite regularly too.