Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ravens/49ers Super Bowl 47 game thread

Jules

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty sure (but not entirely certain) that they don't put any time back on the clock. That is probably why there was so much holding on the play. Harbaugh probably told them during the timeout to do anything within their power (legal or otherwise) to extend the play and prevent the '9ers from getting to the punter.

Oh yeah if holding doesn't make a difference until the play is over, than not holding is just dumb lol.

I just wasn't sure how exactly that plays out. Don't see intentional safeties very often.

Ill use little words. When a QB runs out of the pocket, there are a different set of rules applied. There are different rules for a QB getting hit in and out of the pocket. If he runs out of the pocket, even if its out of bounds, the same rules apply as if he runs out of the pocket.

I fully understand that there are different rules for hitting a QB once he leaves the pocket, but those different rules have absolutely no relevence as to whether or not he was hit out of bounds.

I'm just * the lights went out and blew the ravens momentum. They were laying the smack down. Not going to play what ifs. Cause the lights did go out, they did lose momentum and the niners were able to claw back into a game they were being pimp slapped in

Delay aside, if the power doesn't go out this game finishes up like 2 hours ago.

Ravens were killing it, and it wouldn't have gotten as dragged out or as close IMO.

What exactly did I try to change the subject to?

You come in calling everyone a whiner and then state I'm off my meds and bias while I was discussing the lack of calls by the refs. By definition that is trying to change the subject because you know you are wrong. Then you tell people who don't share in your opinion to leave

Yea. Real rational. I love your skills as an analyst. "Good clean play, off your meds, fair game, I'm right, your wrong, leave" every shut up and leave the site. Bloody they racks has spoken and he knows all and sees nothing

Of those I only said "u off your meds"......keep making things up

Yea. Real rational. I love your skills as an analyst. "Good clean play, off your meds, fair game, I'm right, your wrong, leave" every shut up and leave the site. Bloody they racks has spoken and he knows all and sees nothing

As far as I've seen, you're the only one telling anybody to shut up and leave.......which I'm pretty sure is a violation of our forum rules.

You come in calling everyone a whiner and then state I'm off my meds and bias while I was discussing the lack of calls by the refs. By definition that is trying to change the subject because you know you are wrong. Then you tell people who don't share in your opinion to leave

I asked people to leave? Interesting. I will move on this isn't worth it

I'm just * the lights went out and blew the ravens momentum. They were laying the smack down. Not going to play what ifs. Cause the lights did go out, they did lose momentum and the niners were able to claw back into a game they were being pimp slapped in

It must have been the refs that put the lights out then they felts sorry for the Raven and didn't make that call for 49ers.

That's just for the ref complainers. Waaa!!! Waaa!!! It's only a football game. I was for Ravens but if 49ers would have won I was ready to say, now that's how close a SB should be!!!.

Of those I only said "u off your meds"......keep making things up

Sigh, I love people like you, you prolly think your crap doesn't stink and you walk on water. I can't help it if you are a ravens fan and don't want to see the truth. The refs gave the game away by not calling any of the penalties on that 4th and goal. That is just disrespectful of a multimillion dollar business to do that to its customers. And who knows, maybe the miners don't make it into the end zone with 4 more tries, but by all accounts the rules said they should have had the tries. When there was a ref right in front of the play, that chose not to care about the rules that is what I care about.

I can do nothing about your opinion or how you were raised or how you may raise other, but if you choose to overlook that then your morals are very poor or you just want to argue to argue. I hope it's the later, so no other lives with be corrupted by you

That is impressive.

I wonder if he had any turnovers this post season.

I don't think he's top 5 or anything, but he played his best football when it matter. Big props for that.

I will have to eat crow...I have hated on him for years. Although till these playoffs, he has largely deserved it

Sigh, I love people like you, you prolly think your crap doesn't stink and you walk on water. I can't help it if you are a ravens fan and don't want to see the truth. The refs gave the game away by not calling any of the penalties on that 4th and goal. That is just disrespectful of a multimillion dollar business to do that to its customers. And who knows, maybe the miners don't make it into the end zone with 4 more tries, but by all accounts the rules said they should have had the tries. When there was a ref right in front of the play, that chose not to care about the rules that is what I care about.

I can do nothing about your opinion or how you were raised or how you may raise other, but if you choose to overlook that then your morals are very poor or you just want to argue to argue. I hope it's the later, so no other lives with be corrupted by you

What the hell are u even talking about? U have consistently mis quoted me and when I point it out you go on some rant. Whatever kid

That is impressive.

I wonder if he had any turnovers this post season.

I don't think he's top 5 or anything, but he played his best football when it matter. Big props for that.

I heard on the radio this morning that Flacco has only thrown one interception since Jim Caldwell took over as offensive coordinator. That interception was in the regular season game between the '9ers and Ravens, Caldwell's first game as OC.

I will have to eat crow...I have hated on him for years. Although till these playoffs, he has largely deserved it

I will join you in that crow lol.

Even tonight I was still talking crap about his unibrow. I don't hate him or anything, I just feel he was along for the ride with his great defense, and didn't really show much his first few years in the league.

Who knows where he goes from here, but this was an all-time great run, just from a sheer efficiency standpoint.

This thread seems to have turned into a personal argument, which is a shame.

It was a pretty decent thread for a while this evening.

For a game that  started out to look like a blowout,  it actually turned out to be a really good, close game.

Congratulations to the Ravens,  and  some very deserving players on this team for winning the Super Bowl. 

This thread seems to have turned into a personal argument, which is a shame.

It was a pretty decent thread for a while this evening.

For a game that  started out to look like a blowout,  it actually turned out to be a really good, close game.

Congratulations to the Ravens,  and  some very deserving players on this team for winning the Super Bowl. 

Yea I wish a certain poster wouldn't have jumped in just to call others whiners.

How is telling a person to drop it not telling them to shut up.

Thank you both for being wrong

I wasn't telling him to leave. We got our wires crossed on what i meant in a certain post and it wasn't worth debating further ...that was it

Geez that Caldwell sure is awful. I mean c'mon the guy is just a "deer in headlights" play calling machine.

People have a bad taste in there mouth about Caldwell for a long time because he wasn't entertaining enough for them.. still to this day it makes me laugh. I didn't know a coaches job was to entertain the crowd. He was a good coach his entire time here..he made history his first time out as HC and got cut because he took the blame for sorry QB's.. Poor GM and beat up team. Plain and simple.

The Ravens had enough common sense to see what a talent he was.. and now he has 2 rings to wear.

GOOD JOB JIM!!!!....

Yeah.. he is teeerrribbble..... lol

People have a bad taste in there mouth about Caldwell for a long time because he wasn't entertaining enough for them.. still to this day it makes me laugh. I didn't know a coaches job was to entertain the crowd. He was a good coach his entire time here..he made history his first time out as HC and got cut because he took the blame for sorry QB's.. Poor GM and beat up team. Plain and simple.

The Ravens had enough common sense to see what a talent he was.. and now he has 2 rings to wear.

GOOD JOB JIM!!!!....

Yeah.. he is teeerrribbble..... lol

Coulda been three ;)

I'm happy for John Harbaugh, Ed Reed and Joe Flacco. I was over the Ray thing a few days ago when I got deer antlered out.

49ers put themselves in way too big of an early hole. Great almost comeback though.

Great game! Loved it.

I'm sorry. I'm not trying to be a jerk, but if that statement doesn't make sense then I don't know what to say to make it make sense.

I say he runs out of the pocket, the rules change for hitting a QB, which is true. You say nope be was out of bounds which means something different. I say you can't be out of bounds without being out of the pocket. You say you can't be out of the pocket without being out of bounds. I say same difference. You say you can't teach me anything...

Yet I'm the one who can't be taught.