Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts New Massive Target: Jeremy Kelley 6'6, 225lbs!

http://youtu.be/XF60Hp4W4kU

UNREAL! - OMG @3:15!!!.....he'll be the first receiver on Madden 14, with 100% jumping ability. Without alot of info on this guy, I'm impressed with what i see, but not completly sold, until i see him in a colts uniform, on field, jumping over the goal posts, after scoring a touchdown.

His stat line is as follows:

HEIGHT: 6'6"

WEIGHT: 225 - 230LBS

40 Low: 4.50   40 Time: 4.56  40 High: 4.73

We ask for one, Grigson delivers....can't ask for much more than that. Grigson is managing the budget quite well :thmup: !!!

**The music is very annoying, so feel free to mute it, and enjoy the video**

We've got a thread on him. You should post there.

Nobody....I realize that, friend, which is how i end up posting information, after failing to find the updates, prior to my posting. It's :facepalm: , but, like the other attention clowns :nutz:  on this forum, i do it for the responses :panic:. Please allow me to have my fantasy of being an ESPN or Indy Colts, low-budget news anchor. ** Note to self, check colts news before making unnecessary postings** :hmm:

6-6

http://youtu.be/XF60Hp4W4kU

UNREAL! - OMG @3:15!!!.....he'll be the first receiver on Madden 14, with 100% jumping ability. Without alot of info on this guy, I'm impressed with what i see, but not completly sold, until i see him in a colts uniform, on field, jumping over the goal posts, after scoring a touchdown.

His stat line is as follows:

HEIGHT: 6'6"

WEIGHT: 225 - 230LBS

40 Low: 4.50   40 Time: 4.56  40 High: 4.73

We ask for one, Grigson delivers....can't ask for much more than that. Grigson is managing the budget quite well :thmup: !!!

**The music is very annoying, so feel free to mute it, and enjoy the video**

And he is only 24

With this guy's physical attributes and athletic ability, it is hard to believe that somebody hasn't taken a chance on him yet. Really makes me wonder what his major shortcomings are. I have a hard time believing that just because he played at a small school that he somehow slipped through the cracks.

With this guy's physical attributes and athletic ability, it is hard to believe that somebody hasn't taken a chance on him yet. Really makes me wonder what his major shortcomings are. I have a hard time believing that just because he played at a small school that he somehow slipped through the cracks.

I was actually thinking the same thing.  Why was he in the CFL in the first place?  Not that I'm not excited about his potential, far from it. I'm very excited to see what he can do, but just in the back of my mind I'm wondering why we don't already know about him.

I was actually thinking the same thing. Why was he in the CFL in the first place? Not that I'm not excited about his potential, far from it. I'm very excited to see what he can do, but just in the back of my mind I'm wondering why we don't already know about him.

Worse still. Not the CFL, he's from the Arena Football League, from what I understand.

A guy like this with some tutalge under one of the best in the game Reggie Wayne for a couple years has to leave you feeling a little excited just in itself. Not to mention with Grigs ability to find hidden talent in unexpected areas give you a little more. Excited to seee what this guy brings. Could bring some major matchup problems!

A guy like this with some tutalge under one of the best in the game Reggie Wayne for a couple years has to leave you feeling a little excited just in itself. Not to mention with Grigs ability to find hidden talent in unexpected areas give you a little more. Excited to seee what this guy brings. Could bring some major matchup problems!

I will give you the Grigs finding hidden talent thing. But the Reggie tutelage idea is hogwash. Can you name one receiver that has played next to 87 that went from obscurity (read: not NFL draft worthy) to starter? And I mean no disrespect to Reggie, who is amazing in my book.

That said, I hope the kid works out. I love it when my team uncovers diamonds in the rough. I think the Colts could benefit from someone of his proportions, as long as he can show he has the skills too.

Worse still. Not the CFL, he's from the Arena Football League, from what I understand.

He played 1 yr. in the CFL and last yr. he played in the AFL. This is what is kind of disturbing about him and don't really give me a good feeling. The AFL is a step down in my opinion from the CFL.

I will give you the Grigs finding hidden talent thing. But the Reggie tutelage idea is hogwash. Can you name one receiver that has played next to 87 that went from obscurity (read: not NFL draft worthy) to starter? And I mean no disrespect to Reggie, who is amazing in my book.

That said, I hope the kid works out. I love it when my team uncovers diamonds in the rough. I think the Colts could benefit from someone of his proportions, as long as he can show he has the skills too.

True but I think alot of it is whether the player really wants to learn and get better and do they have the ability? Thats unknown rightn now with this kid but what Im saying is that if he really does have some potential and if wants to play in this leauge and play everyday then Reggie is a guy who he could learn from by the example he sets and the things he does and how he does them. But it gonna be up to him wheather he wants to learn and get better becuase Reggie can't do it for him. But Reggie can certianly set the example.

This kid has amazing ability!!! If he can develop as a route runner and fix some mechanics he could be a solid target. A 6'6 reciver with a 40+ vert leap and and the ability to catch like he seems to have can be big advantage. If this guy gets some polishing and works hard he seems like he could be special. But its gonna be up to him and if he wants it. The ability certianly seems there.

pierre garcon ring any bells?

pierre garcon ring any bells?

Uhmm... He was drafted. I asked for examples of guys brought from not-NFL-caliber to starter by Wayne's direct instruction.

And while Im sure Wayne led by example, what evidence do you have that suggests Garcon was directly taught anything by 87?

Well if you wanna get technical

He was a 6th rounder who was never expected to do anything. And ends up being the top FA wr signed last offseason. All of our guys have always openly said they work together during the offseason. So where is your evidence that suggests he wasnt taught by 87

I'm responding to the idea that fans seem to believe their favorite players aren't just good at their position, but also somehow masters at teaching their position. It is rarely the case.

Before Manning was released, there was a theory being floated on these boards that Luck would do best to learn under Manning for a year or two, that PM would tutor him. But 18 never taught any of his backups, other than maybe by example.

Historically, the best coaches aren't often the guys who were the best players. More often they are the guys who had to work their tail off to even make the squad. Most of the truly great players never had to think that hard about their game. It just came naturally to them.

I think it is sufficient to respect and admire the game Reggie plays without assuming he is somehow a coach on the field too. Seems like an awfully big assumption to make.

Likewise, I would wonder how Garçon would respond to the implication that he has only accomplished what he has because he played in the vicinity of Reggie Wayne. He was somewhat like Hilton and Brazill in that he had a pretty stellar highlight reel coming out of college, but playing for Mt Union dropped him out of contention for early round contention.

I really hope this Kelley kid works out. Like I've said before, Grigson really seems to have a great eye for talent, but he's missed a few times with the roster tweaks he's made in the past year.

Kelley is tall and strong, and looks like a tough kid. But there is precious little to tell us how ready he is to run precise routes, or how good his hands are, or how crafty he can be on the field. If those skills arent there, really doubt Wayne can magically teach them to him.

Great video....I like this pick up...folks speculating special teams on the other thread...pish posh you dont bring cats in like this for Kick/Punt Coverage...you bring him in to be a difference maker...he's raw but he'll have good folks working with him.

Don't get too excited, he probably won't make the team .. There is a reason he was in the afl.. He better be a good special teams player or he won't make the team