Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

These are the people that we need to re-sign & through free agency. Even if we have to make some adjustments with the cap room that we have these individuals need to be signed. The deals need to be fair and be looking long-term. I would prefer not getting into Trouble again like we have been the last 2 to 3 years.

Re-sign: Pat McAfee, Darius Butler, Jerraud Powers, Winston Justice, and Austin Collie (vet min) Drew Stanton, Donnie Avery, Cassius Vaughn

as far as the free agent signings I think we get one or the other of the outside linebackers. In a perfect world I’d like to get two out of the four lineman listed. There listed in order of those I’d like first. If there’s any money left over I think Landry could be a good fit to replace Tom. He’s often injured and not an every down player. Put him on special teams and let them play 12 plays a game. That’s what he’s good at.

FA Signings:  Connor Barwin OLB, Anthony Spencer,  Andy Levitre OG, OT Andre Smith, Will Beatty, Jake Long, SS LaRon Landry

Draft: I have three players in each round that I think are draft the bull at the spots. Because of not knowing who will be there and who may be gone that’s why I put them in order of first pick to third pick in each round. I believe we also may get one or two compensatory picks for free agents lost most likely won’t be above a fourth-round pick and may be only one.

Round 1: Justin Pugh Dallas Thomas Barrett Jones

Round 3: Marcus Lattimore Kwame Geathers Tharold Simon

Round 4: Robert Lester Cordian Hagans Jacob Fahrenkrug

Round 5: Akeem Shavers Nicholas Williams Kurt Hammerschmidt

Round 6: Antavian Edison Jonathan Stewart Charles Dieuseul

*I have no idea what our compensatory picks may or may not look like, so I didn't include them.

Starters: these are the starters that I see going into the season if everything works out the way I’d like. Again like above if there are two names the first is the best hope in the second is a backup plan. The NFL’s like women can be very fickle, and not known to be figured out.

QB: Andrew Luck

RB: Vick Ballard

WR: Reggie Wayne

WR: Donnie Avery

WR: TY Hilton

TE: Dwayne Allen

LT: Anthony Castonzo

LG: Winston Justice Joe Reitz

C: Samson Satele

RG: Andy Levitre 

RT: Will Beatty Winston Justice

FS: Antonie Bethea

SS: LaRon Landry Joe Lefeged 

CB: Vontae Davis

CB: Cassius Vaughn

ILB: Pat Angerer

ILB: Jerrell Freeman

OLB: Robert Mathis

OLB: Connor Barwin Anthony Spencer

DE:Fili Moala

NT: Josh Chapman

DE: Cory Redding

K: Adam Vinatieri 

P: Pat McAfee

KR: Deji Karim 

PR: TY Hilton

LS: Matt Overton

I'm not sure if the FA signings are a little too optimistic or not, but that's why it's only 1.0 

I hope to continue to update this as we move closer to the draft. But hey any input would be great for conversation. What do you think?

There's a few players on your list that are already free agents, and probably won't be coming back next season.

- Donnie Avery

- Austin Collie

- Winston Justice

- Cassius Vaughn

- Fili Moalo

That's why I said I would re-sign these guys.In the first section

I dont see us bringing Powers back (can't stay healthy and can't play man to man), Avery (can't catch), Vaughn (can't cover and just sucks), Austin Collie (needs to retire for his own sake).

I really dislike the draft..you don't have one starting player player in your whole draft.

There's a few players on your list that are already free agents, and probably won't be coming back next season.

- Donnie Avery

- Austin Collie

- Winston Justice

- Cassius Vaughn

- Fili Moalo

I would bet Winston Justice will be back. He played decent when he was not injured. He will probably be very affordable, and at worst he is a good back up/depth which we need.

1.  Warmack (G), Ansah (OLB), Cooper (G), Reid (S), Elam (S), Floyd (DT), Jordan (OLB), Banks (CB), Williams (DT), etc...

3.  Warford (G), Watson (OT), Thomas (G) or Minter, Greene, Thomas (LB)

4.  DaRick Rogers (WR) or Kwame Geathers (NT) or Slay (CB)

6.  Tanner Hawkinson (OL) or Micah Hyde (CB) or Zeke Motta (S)

7.  Brad Wing (P) 

ah...

I dont see us bringing Powers back (can't stay healthy and can't play man to man), Avery (can't catch), Vaughn (can't cover and just sucks), Austin Collie (needs to retire for his own sake).

I really dislike the draft..you don't have one starting player player in your whole draft.

Actually if we were to compare for example Hiltons drops to Avery's drops, Avery only has 1 more drop (7) to Hiltons 6 drops. Also Hilton was targeted 34 less times then Avery so Avery did not really drop as many as people think, Avery had a 56.4 catch rate to Hiltons 66.6 but Hilton was targeted significantly less which is why the rates are so far apart

I don't why y'all think Collie would settle for a vet minimum. A team is going to take a chance with him for way more than a vet minimum. Oh yea and that draft/offseason..let's just say I seen better on Bleacher

I think you overrate the generosity of the nfl when it comes to injury prone averaged sized slot receivers

Actually if we were to compare for example Hiltons drops to Avery's drops, Avery only has 1 more drop (7) to Hiltons 6 drops. Also Hilton was targeted 34 less times then Avery so Avery did not really drop as many as people think, Avery had a 56.4 catch rate to Hiltons 66.6 but Hilton was targeted significantly less which is why the rates are so far apart

Idc about drop rate..he obviously had wayy more "key" drops than anyone one on the team and close to anyone in the league. He really dissapears against good compition and is not difference maker by any means. I really doubt he will be back unless its for dirt cheap. :blueshoe:

1.  Warmack (G), Ansah (OLB), Cooper (G), Reid (S), Elam (S), Floyd (DT), Jordan (OLB), Banks (CB), Williams (DT), etc...

3.  Warford (G), Watson (OT), Thomas (G) or Minter, Greene, Thomas (LB)

4.  DaRick Rogers (WR) or Kwame Geathers (NT) or Slay (CB)

6.  Tanner Hawkinson (OL) or Micah Hyde (CB) or Zeke Motta (S)

7.  Brad Wing (P) 

ah...

Sharp > Wing