Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Prospects who could fall in our laps

Who are a few guys you could see dropping a bit lower than where they should be drafted? And they have to be players we could use. So no QBs.

Call me crazy but I still feel Chance Warmack will fall to at least 15 where the Rams could take him.

Another player who could fall is Johnathon Hankins who could play both NT and DE for us.

My final player is Dion Jordan. He has the athleticism and length to be a great pass rusher, but he didnt have quite the production.

Of those 3, do you see any we could make a play on or do you have a few prospects of your own that could fall to us?

Hankins can't play NT. I'm not a fan (anymore) of him. Really faded against top competition.

Jordan doesn't have pass rush moves, he relies in his athleticism (and wasn't even successful using that).

Obviously we'd have to take Chance if he fell to us.

I don't think there's any chance pardon the pun that chance will fall to the Colts in 24. If he does they just hit the lottery. If Dion Jordan falls to us I think Ziggy from BYU has more upside. And I'm not sure what to think about Jonathan Hankins other than he's huge and will eat space. Very little push when it comes to the passing game. Hard to see him really playing the DE. But with that being said he'll probably be the next Vince Willfork now that I've said that LOL.

Hankins can't play NT. I'm not a fan (anymore) of him. Really faded against top competition.

Jordan doesn't have pass rush moves, he relies in his athleticism (and wasn't even successful using that).

I don't know anything about Hankins, so I apologize if this is glaringly obvious stuff, but...

I imagine if I were an NFL scout, I'd what to get at why he faded. Was it injury? Coaching scheme change? Significant attrition leading to less skill in the positions around him?

If he was once at a high level and faded, can our coaches bring him back? Does that make him a potential value pick?

I don't know anything about Hankins, so I apologize if this is glaringly obvious stuff, but...

I imagine if I were an NFL scout, I'd what to get at why he faded. Was it injury? Coaching scheme change? Significant attrition leading to less skill in the positions around him?

If he was once at a high level and faded, can our coaches bring him back? Does that make him a potential value pick?

He faded when they started playing good teams.

Not sure how someone falling to 15 is in our ballpark??

Colts pick 24th, I believe....    15 might as well be 10 or 5....   it's miles away from us.    We don't have the assets to go get him and take care of all our other needs.    

And we have lots and lots of needs.

I like Hankins more than I like Jenkins, if for no other reason,  than he's 20-25 pounds lighter but still big enough for the position.   And I think he can play the Nose.  That said,  I rarely, if ever,  want to use a 1st round draft pick on a Nose Tackle.   I consider Nnata a DE or DT and not a NT.   It's a waste.

I hope lots of players we like fall to the Colts so we can trade down,  gain draft picks, and still get a player we like in the top portion of the 2nd round.    That's my hope.    Sorry for being a broken record.....

Jordan played most of the season with a shoulder injury. Only missed one game but they had him dropping into coverage more instead of rushing the passer after it. Before that he had 11 sacks in 13 games.

Only 5 real 1st round options to consider (If we can't trade out of 24th): Warmack, Ansah, Cooper, Reid, Elam...If we can luck out and get Warmack, I believe that Warford should be the RD 3 pick.  "World WAR 2"

Hopefully The War Machine will still be available in Rd 3

I really liked what I saw of Ansah in the Senior Bowl

Only 5 real 1st round options to consider (If we can't trade out of 24th): Warmack, Ansah, Cooper, Reid, Elam...If we can luck out and get Warmack, I believe that Warford should be the RD 3 pick.  "World WAR 2"

I just want a difference maker I don't care what position he plays....minus a couple positions like QB and TE

He faded when they started playing good teams.

You probably have all the info Grigson does, then. I am just inclined to wonder if there might have been any other circumstance that led to the fall off that you might not know about. Not saying there definitely was, because I know nothing about him. There is often more to most stories than meets the eye, though.

I totally agree that Warmack, Ansah, Cooper, Elam are all great first round picks. Reid had a terrible year at LSU. Wont be in first. Maybe not in second. He should have come out last year. Warford will not be around in third. After dominating in senior bowl he will likely be an early second or maybe even late first. Other names to put in first round consideration are Lane Johnson, Trufant, Vacarro, Datone Jones, Patterson, Allen.

I totally agree that Warmack, Ansah, Cooper, Elam are all great first round picks. Reid had a terrible year at LSU. Wont be in first. Maybe not in second. He should have come out last year. Warford will not be around in third. After dominating in senior bowl he will likely be an early second or maybe even late first. Other names to put in first round consideration are Lane Johnson, Trufant, Vacarro, Datone Jones, Patterson, Allen.

One of the 4 dudes on NFL.com has us taking Trufant, so he's rising. I've yet to see anyone mock us a WR, though I wouldn't mind.

Cant believe no one's mentioned Manti Te'o yet. Daniel Jeremiah has him going 20th to the Bears and Bucky Brooks has him going 26th to Green Bay. He's not a position of need, but there's a real chance when the Colts are up to pick Manti is the best guy on the board.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/mock-drafts/daniel-jeremiah/155111

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/mock-drafts/bucky-brooks/160100

Cant believe no one's mentioned Manti Te'o yet. Daniel Jeremiah has him going 20th to the Bears and Bucky Brooks has him going 26th to Green Bay. He's not a position of need, but there's a real chance when the Colts are up to pick Manti is the best guy on the board.

No way I would take Te'o in the 1st round ... he is way over-hyped and either stupidly gullible or a liar/scammer (both are undesirable traits).

Warmack

Fluker

Teo(would not draft him unless we could get something for Angerer and given his injury filled year I dont think we get much even then obviously we have much bigger needs)

Warford

Cooper

Milliner

Mingo

Richardson

Patterson

Rhodes

Floyd

Barrett Jones

I'd absolutely love if by wild chance Damontre Moore fell to us but its not realistic

Hard to say at this point 

Hey everyone I am new here and just wanted to say that I am a Huge Andrew Luck Fan and I never really had a favorite NFL team until this year with the Colts. I love the way this team is being built and the players we have.

I really hope Barrett Jones falls to us, he is the kind of player I think the Colts are looking for. A smart guy who can be the replacement for Jeff Saturday.

Hey everyone I am new here and just wanted to say that I am a Huge Andrew Luck Fan and I never really had a favorite NFL team until this year with the Colts. I love the way this team is being built and the players we have.

I really hope Barrett Jones falls to us, he is the kind of player I think the Colts are looking for. A smart guy who can be the replacement for Jeff Saturday.

welcome... I'd take Jones in a heartbeat if he were there... born leader

34156104.jpg

35x9j9.jpg

No way I would take Te'o in the 1st round ... he is way over-hyped and either stupidly gullible or a liar/scammer (both are undesirable traits).

I agree, and honestly I wouldn't take him at all in any rd.. Like you said, he is either a liar, or one of the dumbest human beings on the planet, or both maybe. Don't want any part of him in a Colts uniform.

Not sure how someone falling to 15 is in our ballpark??

Colts pick 24th, I believe....    15 might as well be 10 or 5....   it's miles away from us.    We don't have the assets to go get him and take care of all our other needs.    

And we have lots and lots of needs.

I like Hankins more than I like Jenkins, if for no other reason,  than he's 20-25 pounds lighter but still big enough for the position.   And I think he can play the Nose.  That said,  I rarely, if ever,  want to use a 1st round draft pick on a Nose Tackle.   I consider Nnata a DE or DT and not a NT.   It's a waste.

I hope lots of players we like fall to the Colts so we can trade down,  gain draft picks, and still get a player we like in the top portion of the 2nd round.    That's my hope.    Sorry for being a broken record.....

Yea... no way we trade up as we have no 2nd or 5th. Down is a definite posibility. I think we will be in good shape to get a good value pick at 24 if we don't indeed trade down. Here's my thinking.... We have 4-5 needs . O line , CB , S , LB (pass rusher) and maybe even DT. There is no way we can address all that in free agency , so even if we totally revamp the O line or secondary in free agency , we should be able to get the best of both worlds.. pretty much the best player available and still fill a hole.

IF an OG/CB/OLB are all graded the same by Grigson, i have convinced my self that we should go with the OLB.

so i hope one falls to us. Guards can be found on round 3, i dont think you can find premiere pass rushers on round 3 (i mean there will be examples but you get my point). Everytime im thinking of draft day i think..how did the giants got so hot on those 2 playoffs? 

it was their pass rush. They didnt have anything spectacular at the CB position, but their pass rush helped them so much that they didnt seem exploited. i think pass rush should be our focus.  JPP/Tuck/Osi did nothing and so did the giants this season.

Im not saying dont take a corner, we should, we need a upgrade badly there,  but i feel OLB would be a better option with our 1st rounder. Packers took a corner (who we watned btw) with their 3rd and they are really happy with him. 

im also assumming we take a RT in FA

Warmack won't fall to 24, Jordan doesn't have the pass rush capability, and I am not a fan of John Hankins. Some prospects likely to fall down to 24 worth taking a look at would be: Sharrif Floyd, Sheldon Richardson, and John Cooper. IMO I would like to see us trade down to Cinci for 37 overall, round 3, and round 5. Cinci would only be losing 3rd and 5th round pick to move up to 24 overall. Then we could go (my wishlist):

Round 2: Larry Warford - OG

Round 3 (from Cinci): Brandon Jenkins - OLB

Round 3: Duke Williams - S

Round 4: Micah Hyde - CB

Round 5: Kwame Geathers - NT

Round 6: Ricky Wagner - OT

Round 7: Dan Buckner - WR

Comp Picks: Fill OL and DL. 

*This is all considering some of the right moves have been made in Free Agency.

My FA Signing wishlist: Vollmer (RT), Vasquez/Levitre/Thomas (OG), Williams (CB), and Byrd/Goldson/Reed (S)

Another guy I have my eye on is Meshak Williams as a possible 4th or 5th round pick he has combined for 20.5 sacks over the last two years, Cant find any highlights of him though

I hope they address a pass rusher in FA or before that in the draft but he'd be a solid pickup around there.

I hope they address a pass rusher in FA or before that in the draft but he'd be a solid pickup around there.

Im hoping Brandon Jenkins in the 3rd(he would be an absolute steal, before his injury this guy was easily going to go in the 1st round) or Alex Okafor in the 1st

12.5 sacks the last two years combined by Jordan does not say first round talent to me. good things I noticed about him

1.He has a quick first step

2.He is relentless

3.He looks to know how to dip his shoulder to get underneath the O Lineman

4.Uses his hands well (can shed blocks)

Some things I did not like about him (in my opinion)

1.Seems slow to react on the move 

2.Needs work on reading diagnosing offenses pre snap

3.Inconsistent tackler once he gets to the ball carrier or QB

4.occassionaly gives away whether or not he is coming on the pass rush or dropping back

5.needs to string his moves together and develop more of a spin move

Te'o shouldn't go in the first round. Not to mention it's not a position of need. 

He likes to rely on his speed to get to the QB. And btw, your highlight video is from 2011... against Washington.

Of course he mainly uses his speed, that's what sets him apart.

12.5 sacks the last two years combined by Jordan does not say first round talent to me. good things I noticed about him

2.He is relentless

4.occassionaly gives away whether or not he is coming on the pass rush or dropping back

12.5 sacks definitely aren't much over two years for a 1st rd. pass rusher but there is more to it than that. He's only played defense for those two years and didn't even start at the beginning of the season last year. But he finished the year with 6 sacks in six games with at least a half a sack in every game except one. This year he started the season with 5 sacks in the first seven games even though he was pulled at halftime every game because Oregon was blowing everyone out. Then he hurt his shoulder and even though he only missed one game they were using him to dropback in coverage instead of rushing the passer. As an OLB with his length he almost never got tested in coverage. He definitely showed me this year he is much more than just a rush end and that's why his stock climbed like it did.

2.He is relentless

Well, Aldon Smith only had 6 sacks his senior year at Mizzu