Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Fantasy Football Leagues (Next Season)

Andy

I'm not closing down the Joe's league. I don't start leagues to close them down. There are plenty of good players on this forum, and if they're interested in playing, they will join. 

CF4L... I don't think it will take awhile to get 4 more people. Also, appreciate the help, but I'm fine. Its really not a hard job, honestly, so I don't know why people make it out to be hard. Once I'm done all the pre draft stuff, all I do after is take complaints and find ways that work for everyone. Pretty easy, and I have a helll of a lot of fun doing it. I'm a weirdo like that.

Anyways, 4 guys left for the league. Be the first to write in this thread!

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not closing down the Joe's league. I don't start leagues to close them down. There are plenty of good players on this forum, and if they're interested in playing, they will join. 

CF4L... I don't think it will take awhile to get 4 more people. Also, appreciate the help, but I'm fine. Its really not a hard job, honestly, so I don't know why people make it out to be hard. Once I'm done all the pre draft stuff, all I do after is take complaints and find ways that work for everyone. Pretty easy, and I have a helll of a lot of fun doing it. I'm a weirdo like that.

Anyways, 4 guys left for the league. Be the first to write in this thread!

No problem Andy, but if you ever do need any help, or assistance and I can help. I'll be glad to. You do an awful lot for not only your work, but for everyone here in the Forum..Its the least I can do to such a great contributor and friend. We all greatly appreciate all of your hard work, time and dedication to the family here..

THIS..    

These leagues are NOT easy to manage and organize when nobody knows one another.   

Andy needs some help.      And I am just giving Andy some practical advice...     Commishing 2 forum leagues is just a headache in the making.       It is great he does it.     But it can take a LOT of TIME out of the day.  Any of you who have done it know.  

I hope some one steps up and helps him out. 

No problem Andy, but if you ever do need any help, or assistance and I can help. I'll be glad to. You do an awful lot for not only your work, but for everyone here in the Forum..Its the least I can do to such a great contributor and friend. We all greatly appreciate all of your hard work, time and dedication to the family here..

THIS..    

These leagues are NOT easy to manage and organize when nobody knows one another.   

Andy needs some help.      And I am just giving Andy some practical advice...     Commishing 2 forum leagues is just a headache in the making.       It is great he does it.     But it can take a LOT of TIME out of the day.  Any of you who have done it know.  

I hope some one steps up and helps him out. 

I wish I could help....but my normal work week anymore is close to 60 hours.

That's not a complaint, especially in this economy...but I can't even commit to 2 teams let alone be the commissioner of 2 leagues! :giveup:

Exactly..       it is very time consuming.. 

I cannot do it either.      commish and participate in my other $$$ leagues.      It takes a lot of time.  Time I am not wiling to give up for a few deadbeats.  That cannot find the time to register.     And when they get their butt's kicked the first few weeks they will disappear into cyberspace.    It's not worth it.

I was not trying to be nasty to other forum members, only trying to help Andy out.     It should have been done via PM. 

Not trying to break anyone's ballz hear.   Except f0r the tardy clowns. . :highfive2:

I wish I could help....but my normal work week anymore is close to 60 hours.

That's not a complaint, especially in this economy...but I can't even commit to 2 teams let alone be the commissioner of 2 leagues! :giveup:

Exactly..       it is very time consuming.. 

I cannot do it either.      commish and participate in my other $$$ leagues.      It takes a lot of time.  Time I am not wiling to give up for a few deadbeats.  That cannot find the time to register.     And when they get their butt's kicked the first few weeks they will disappear into cyberspace.    It's not worth it.

I was not trying to be nasty to other forum members, only trying to help Andy out.     It should have been done via PM. 

Not trying to break anyone's ballz hear.   Except f0r the tardy clowns. . :highfive2:

I applaud you sir for being in the "ELITE" league and being so exceptional.   Sorry to be a deadbeat and frustrate you so.  And no that isn't sarcasm, but irritation at being called a deadbeat.

If the shoe fits..  ??

Maybe you should research or check on the people you call names.   I have played in FF for more than 5 years in all kinds of leagues.  Have had good years and also had my butt kicked,  but I have NEVER quit a team or league as you accuse me of.  Just because I am in the Joe league doesn't make me less of a person as you accuse me of being.   Have a good year,  glad I am not in the same league as you for sure.

Blah, blah .blah, .............

Bro step up and OFFER ANDY some assisted whatever....    

??    I just know the feeling..     and Andy is a sport. 

I told dude I cannot do it. .       how about U.?  

We all have a life ,  i get it...

Blah, blah .blah, .............

Bro step up and OFFER ANDY some assisted whatever....    

??    I just know the feeling..     and Andy is a sport. 

I told dude I cannot do it. .       how about U.?  

We all have a life ,  i get it...

For your information,  I did contact Andy prior to your rantings through a PM and offered my help with either FF or his pick the winner weekly thread that he did last year and I did help him last year with that when he needed it.

Lovely........

See you in the circle.............

For your information,  I did contact Andy prior to your rantings through a PM and offered my help with either FF or his pick the winner weekly thread that he did last year and I did help him last year with that when he needed it.

Andy, I just sent out a couple of PM's to some people who I hope might be interested..hopefully I'll get a response..I'll send out more tomorrow, I want to do a couple at a time, in case there would be too many..I told them to PM Me with their answer either way, and also said if they are interested, to post a request to you here...

I may be going in for knee surgery, (arthroscopic), depending on the results of my MRI Saturday aft...but barring any complications, I should be back the next day. The think I partially tore either my ACL or LCL when I fell a couple weeks ago..add that to my bone one bone arthritis in my other knee means I won't be going anywhere soon. I'm also on medical leave, which may become permanent, so I am available every day except for the day of and after my surgery, if needed..I'll schedule around the draft if I have to...I wouldn't miss this for the world..Even if I'm in the hospital, I'll have the wife bring me the laptop..

Besides, I even have more  motivation now, more than ever, to teach a young dog, some old school tricks...But, I don't have to worry..That person will be in the Joes league next year... :D

Yes I agree. If I that find anyone abandons the league, they'll be replaced immediately. It was a pain in the butt last year when people did it, so if someone isn't active for 2 weeks without notifying me, they're out.

And to all the people asking to join the league, I'll put all the names together and choose 3 names, it's the fairest way.

Andy, Colt Fan 4Life brought me here but if you'll allow me, I'd like to join the league

So, when they get the codes..we need 2 more..i'll look for 2 more people after my MRI tomorrow..if it hasn't filled already

Thanks a lot C4FL, you're a big help. 

I'd like to make you co-commish for the Joe's league. Just my way of saying thanks. 

Thanks a lot C4FL, you're a big help.

I'd like to make you co-commish for the Joe's league. Just my way of saying thanks.

So, when they get the codes..we need 2 more..i'll look for 2 more people after my MRI tomorrow..if it hasn't filled already

Okay, I joined. The "Knights in Armor" are ready for their first ever fantasy football league haha

Hopefully the fact that I'm in the "Luck Division" brings me Luck cause I know I'll need it haha

Thanks again Colts Fan 4 Life for bringing me here & thank you Andy for allowing me to join :D:thmup:

Thanks Andy..its an honor to be able to help out...I remembered jvan gave me and Coltman a great run for our money in the pickem league,..and what league wouldn't be complete with the Apple Juice Kid, making his FF debut. I told him I'd help him get acquainted with the game..and not draft players for him, but help guide him..

TK..actually, some of what SChwamm says in his posts are more of a technical overview..but he has some really great things to look out for....that way you can see strategies in drafting decently...Like for example..try to make sure your QB's aren't on a bye week at the same time...little things like that. Just remember to pick who you want that you feel will score the most points consistently..make sure you have back-ups for weeks your starters are on a bye-week..and don't let all thatm apple juice cloud your judgement..lol

You'll have so much fun..draft day is the best..make sure you test your system for compatibility sometime before draft day...and maybe do a few mock drafts..to get used to it..esp since this is your first time.. 

Let me know if you need anything..that goes for anyone..

Well gotta get ready for my MRI..I'll be on later this evening..In the mean time..if anyone you know of other good contributors that you  think would like to join..feel free to ask..the sooner we get this filled, the easier it will be on Andy setting it all up.

Have a great day everyone.

Okay, I downloaded the yahoo fantasy football app. I've now done 3 mock drafts to make sure my android phone supported this whole fantasy thing. It's all good so far still learning how to work the app but making great progress

Good job...see its not really so bad...let me know if you need any more help, but it sounds like you pretty much have the idea

I posted a big recruitment post, linking to here..I had a long day at the DR;s then wife took me out to eat..I'm exhausted, so instead of just recruiting by PM..I made a huge post..hopefully, we'll get 2 more quickly, so you can set it up faster...

I work on it more tomorrow, but for now, its back to bed..my knees are killing me..

Thanks IndyD4U..Andy should be contacting you by PM shortly with the information..We appreciate you signing up...I'm helping Andy as co-commish, but he has all the set up snd site info..

The next person to post here wanting to join is in...One spot left...Who's the next one to ..COME ON DOWN!!!! :D

Please post asap, so that Andy can get you the information needed to get into the league...

Andy,

SpiderYBanana just PM'd me wanting in..so we are filled up now...to the new people, when Andy sends you the info for the league via PM..please sign up as soon as possible on the site..so he can get everything straight before the draft..

Thanks again everyone...

Andy..please note that SpiderYBanana and jvan773 want to join..I see we have 10 signed up..thanks IndyD4U....so please asap get them the info so was can get this thing rolling..

Again..thanks everyone for joining..Its going to be a fun season!

Y

Right ON...  well done everyone...

Now study hard....

You make sure you do Mr Dee...Just because I'm in a different league, doesn't mean I'm not out to have a better record, and team than you, or anyone else in either league...May the better team win...too bad we can't have a real championship game, between the two league winners...I'd have to invest in a crying towel, to send to you when that game would be over...I wouldn't want to be responsible for the flood damage caused by the river of tears, when you come in behind me.. :D:lol:

Seriously..best of luck to all managers and teams this year!

Y

You make sure you do Mr Dee...Just because I'm in a different league, doesn't mean I'm not out to have a better record, and team than you, or anyone else in either league...May the better team win...too bad we can't have a real championship game, between the two league winners...I'd have to invest in a crying towel, to send to you when that game would be over...I wouldn't want to be responsible for the flood damage caused by the river of tears, when you come in behind me.. :D:lol:

Seriously..best of luck to all managers and teams this year!

FWIW, I used to have a league that ran two 12 team divisions and had a championship game between the division winners. Unless Yahoo has significantly updated its software, it requires finding a more advanced host for your season, or running the numbers by hand for the championship game. I think our first effort was on CBSSportsline, but it got so cumbersome that it drove us to try several of the smaller, more custom sites.

We had both divs draft as if separate leagues, and allowed that the championship teams might have overlapping players that cancelled each other out. I initially thought the idea would flop, but it turned out to be a heck of a lot of fun.

If you ever decide you want to try this, I'd be happy to recommend a really good site to use (note that it could add significantly to your commish's setup time).

I appreciate it schwamm..but i'm happy the way it is..and I know Andy doesn't have the time, nor do I...to try to figure something out..

I'll just put my weekly scores from my league against his and see who has the better record,most points scored..maybe someday down the road.

Thanks for the idea though...much appreciated                                                                                                                                     

Andy..I just want to confirm one detail..I am in a different time zone...Please specify the exact date, time and zone of the draft when finalized....I want to make sure myself, or others don't get confused..

Thanks

Hi CF4L,

I'm pretty certain that when you create your Yahoo account, you designate the time zone you're in, and the notifications to you will be based off the difference in time zones, and be applicable to you.

You could double check that in your Yahoo account, or someone could verify, but I've never had time zone issues with these matters.

Just my 2cents.

Andy..I just want to confirm one detail..I am in a different time zone...Please specify the exact date, time and zone of the draft when finalized....I want to make sure myself, or others don't get confused..

Thanks

It is set for the 13th at 8 pm ET

Hi CF4L,

I'm pretty certain that when you create your Yahoo account, you designate the time zone you're in, and the notifications to you will be based off the difference in time zones, and be applicable to you.

You could double check that in your Yahoo account, or someone could verify, but I've never had time zone issues with these matters.

Just my 2cents.

Thanks..I know it usually is automatic, but sometimes, I like to be sure, because as everyone knows at one time or another, a computer makes an error..

I can't wait to start!