Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Fantasy Football Leagues (Next Season)

Andy

I was interested too but that's ok.  

There are 7 people here that obviously want to play and there are I think there are more people who want to play on another thread.

Get a few more people and that's enough for a league.  We just need to find someone to run it.  I'd prefer not to since I've never done it before, but I might even take a crack at it if no one else will.  My biggest concern is time though with my first child due in July.    

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow..I'm in...With all the people wanting to play, I never thought I'd get a chance..

I have several team names..I'll decide later which one i'll use...

And Andy, as Coltman51 requested..could we possibly be put in the same league..We have this friendly rivalry going dating back to when you had the weekly pick-em contest..If not that's cool too...

Wow..I'm in...With all the people wanting to play, I never thought I'd get a chance..

I have several team names..I'll decide later which one i'll use...

And Andy, as Coltman51 requested..could we possibly be put in the same league..We have this friendly rivalry going dating back to when you had the weekly pick-em contest..If not that's cool too...

No, i'm not putting you in the same league, and I should kick you out for asking...

...Jk, you guys will be in the same league

The people that were picked were:

Colts Fan 4 Life

Dustin

RealityisLuck

Sorry to the guys that didn't get picked, that's the way the cookie crumbles. It's hurts. Just an option, if any team is willing to have a co-owner, there's your chance to get in the league. 

Andy, you can keep all the default yahoo settings except for one John Dee and I would like to see changed (based on what he said in another thread). Can a QB get 6 pts for a TD pass as opposed to yahoo that short changes him with 4 pts only? Just puts the QB passing TD points on par with all other passing or rushing TDs.

Everything else is fine the way it is.

I have a solution to the "who is in what league" ...    ???

IF...   Andy does 2 leagues again...   then...

To make a long story short...    2,   16 team leagues ..   one the UPPER, and one the Beginner  (or whatever),..

Top 8 in BOTH leagues graduate to the UPPER, the following season....      bottom dwellers......    deal with it.

This is a good system I have been apart of before....      and it is good.  

For an established message board it encourages folk to "step ya game up" ...

Only problem...     these message boards tend to have a high turnover.... 

To make a long story short...    2,   16 team leagues ..   one the UPPER, and one the Beginner  (or whatever),..

Top 8 in BOTH leagues graduate to the UPPER, the following season....      bottom dwellers......    deal with it.

Oh I see what you're saying... WE CAN DO...

Keep the two leagues we have now (the 12 man ones), then make a 16 man league for the guys who didn't get in. Then we find 16 other guys, and take the 4 best finishers and put them in the top league.

Then, take the 2 worst finishers from the 12 man leagues and move them down?

What do you guys think of that idea? There would be no prizes for the 16 man league, but the reward would be to get with the top dogs. 

I'll try and think of some ways to do something liek that.

Andy, you can keep all the default yahoo settings except for one John Dee and I would like to see changed (based on what he said in another thread). Can a QB get 6 pts for a TD pass as opposed to yahoo that short changes him with 4 pts only? Just puts the QB passing TD points on par with all other passing or rushing TDs.

Everything else is fine the way it is.

Sure, i'll change it to 6. Just remind me in a month when it starts. 

• 2 weeks later...

This is how the league will be divided:

I'll take the top 4 players from each league and they will be placed in the first league (The top league).

The rest shall be placed in the other league (the bottom league). The top 3 from the bottom league and the bottom 3 from the top league will switch each year. 

Now, I got a lot of work to do to set this all up...

We'll have some minor changes. I was in the top 4 in all the leagues, so we'll have a couple of 5th and 6th place finishers. The Elite league is: 

Me, Refs, SilentHill, crazycolt, Austintacious, BH, hillbilliesfromhell, Stryker, FRESH 4 LIFE, Virutas, Build the Monster, AxelF

I've sent out a link to a few of you... PLEASE SEND ME AN EMAIL IF YOU WANT TO GET A LINK. I don't necessarily know which member of the forum has which team. 

Still working on the other league...

Here are the teams for the other league: 

Me, ACC, Indian Outlaws, Us and Them, Duck Dynasty, BodaciousBryce, coltman51, CF4L, Peyton and the Dudes, I'm Feeling Lucky, Dustin, RealityisLuck

I was looking at last year and Crestmount purposely tanked the draft, so he won't be in the league this year. I have replaced him with Bodacious Bryce, who was the first one out when I was picking the 3 guys to join the league. 

SEND ME A MESSAGE TO GET THE LINK FOR THE LEAGUE!!!

I just need to ask Austintatious never to ask for a trade for any of my players. :)

Two years ago, in a coltclique forum FF league, he asked for Andre Johnson early in the season and AJ being my round 1 pick, I refused. Then the AJ injury happened and cut my production down.

Last year, in the colts.com forum FF league, he asked for Rob Gronkowski a few games into the season and I refused again. Then the Rob Gronkowski injury happened and took significant production from my team down.

I just need to ask Austintatious never to ask for a trade for any of my players. :)

Two years ago, in a coltclique forum FF league, he asked for Andre Johnson early in the season and AJ being my round 1 pick, I refused. Then the AJ injury happened and cut my production down.

Last year, in the colts.com forum FF league, he asked for Rob Gronkowski a few games into the season and I refused again. Then the Rob Gronkowski injury happened and took significant production from my team down.

coltQlick...   ahhh   that site brings back memories.

I got the link and signed up already...was debating between two of my usual team names..Amish Rake Fight..but I went with what I think is the truth..Simply The Best..

I'll be changing mine for sure. A good part of the fun for me is coming up with a new name ever season.

No, i'm not putting you in the same league, and I should kick you out for asking...

...Jk, you guys will be in the same league

Andy my friend,  you can be a very funny but cruel man sometimes,  lol.  Had me going for a moment.  Thanks for putting us together though.  May the season begin.

Kinda like my FFL players did last year. :lol:

Hey guys,

I'd like to make a reminder that these leagues cannot happen IF WE DONT HAVE EVERYONE IN THE LEAGUE!!

So, we're missing 6 guys from the Elite league and 7 guys from the Joe's league... plz send me a private message on the forum. Come on guys. 

I just wanna point out that I scored the most points in the CFL I was in last year. It was just bad luck that I didn't win ;)

You can say bad luck on my front too when I lost both Willis McGahee and Rob Gronkowski towards the home stretch of the FF season when I was top 2 in the league. No guarantees in FF, just like football :). Besides, the #1 point scorer, John Dee, was one and done in the playoffs. Stuff happens.

You can say bad luck on my front too when I lost both Willis McGahee and Rob Gronkowski towards the home stretch of the FF season when I was top 2 in the league. No guarantees in FF, just like football :). Besides, the #1 point scorer, John Dee, was one and done in the playoffs. Stuff happens.

All true, but i'm still going to win. :)

BlackHawk, Austintacious, Fresh 4 Life, Virutas, Build the Monster JOIN THE ELITE LEAGUE!!!! SEND ME A MESSAGE ON THIS FORUM. 

Also, other members of the league please contact them.

hehee...   I usually do not dabble in free leagues..   But Andy worked up a really fun one and tho I did DOMINATE the regular season my team was suspect...  

Went cold late...   what can one do?

I'm ready....   :goodluck:

Andy this is the MAJOR issue with message board FFleaues....      "nobody knows each other"    in the real world.

It is frustrating..     I would just give it until early July... no hurry.    

Plenty of time to draft.

BlackHawk, Austintacious, Fresh 4 Life, Virutas, Build the Monster JOIN THE ELITE LEAGUE!!!! SEND ME A MESSAGE ON THIS FORUM. 

Also, other members of the league please contact them.

Andy this is the MAJOR issue with message board FFleaues....      "nobody knows each other"    in the real world.

It is frustrating..     I would just give it until early July... no hurry.    

Plenty of time to draft.

I know there is plenty of time, I'm just one of those guys that, for certain things (and this is one of them) must have everything perfect and done efficiently. Getting people in asap and me setting up the league is one of those things. 

It's a loose bolt in my head that causes all this franticness :P  

Oh I understand..    I get to set the date for a live draft every year and it is such a hassle.    Getting 10 folks together for one night wold seem easy ...  but most times it is very difficult.

I know there is plenty of time, I'm just one of those guys that, for certain things (and this is one of them) must have everything perfect and done efficiently. Getting people in asap and me setting up the league is one of those things. 

It's a loose bolt in my head that causes all this franticness :P

Can someone do me a favor? I'm sending messages around to the Elite league first.

Can someone tell me what's the Forum Name of the these people: Build the Monster, Blackhawk, Austintacious, Fresh 4 Life.

If you are one of these people, please send me a message.