Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BNS

2013 Season Strength of Schedule

I agree, looks very good for the Colts!  I was looking at the teams we play next season and there are about 13-14 very winnable games, the 2 that seem less likely being home vs the broncos and on the road vs the 49ers.

About as easy as this years schedule was.

I'm sure the Jaguars drag that number down significantly.

I thought I could paste it as a table that looked nicer, but couldn't.  So, I edited and provided the link.

So we have one of the weaker schedules?

Yes, only 2 teams with weaker schedules than ours based upon the winning percentages this season.

The schedule is harder than it appears. I guarantee you that if we discount the Jaguar games (which will be harder because they are division opponents) then that schedule probably shoots up to the top 10.

The schedule is harder than it appears. I guarantee you that if we discount the Jaguar games (which will be harder because they are division opponents) then that schedule probably shoots up to the top 10.

The chiefs and raiders along with the titans twice also helps. But there are some really strong teams on the schedule

Just saw this posted on NFL Trade Rumors.  Looks good for the Colts!!

http://nfltraderumors.co/2013-nfl-strength-of-schedule/

Good stuff, Barry....

....we were 4-2 vs. the Division again...and we cab be 5-1 next year

..we can do 10-6 overall with that slate...

..the 'strength' thing will change with the draft and free agent movement..

I agree, looks very good for the Colts!  I was looking at the teams we play next season and there are about 13-14 very winnable games, the 2 that seem less likely being home vs the broncos and on the road vs the 49ers.

I wouldn't necessarily say the Seahawk's and the Bengals are easy. plus we struggle against KC alot it seems like. 

Good and bad.  An easy schedule won't prepare us well for the playoffs but at least we'll be able to get in.  However if we don't get in the playoffs with that easy schedule heads will roll around here.

I don't read too much into the strength of schedule at this time of year. Its tough to predict how good a team will be 9 months from now. They may have been 2-14 this year but just like us they could be 11-5 next year.

This.

Judging next year's won/loss record based off this year's strength of schedule is, well, it just doen't make any sense. I am sure that most fans of other teams looked at the 2012 Colts and assumed win largely because of their 2-14 record. Just as I am also safe in assuming that several teams were expected to be good that turned out to be bad or mediocre at best - like the Saints and Lions.

Yes NFL, give one of the Best QB's ever the EASIEST Schedule! :sigh: Get ready for Peyton to go off next year people smh

AFC West & AFC South divisions being the overall weakest divisions & playing each other this upcoming season sorta lumps those teams together as having "easy" schedules...

The NFC West is going to be a load. But, I really do not mind since I kinda want to see how the Colts handle a few of the NFCs best.

AFC West & AFC South divisions being the overall weakest divisions & playing each other this upcoming season sorta lumps those teams together as having "easy" schedules...

This.

Although at least Houston/Indy did their jobs last year!!!

This.

Although at least Houston/Indy did their jobs last year!!!

Thats also why Jax & Tenn arent lumped  quite as tightly with the the other six teams... added with the fact that there was a larger split between 1st & 2nd place between Denver & San Diego...