Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Question of the Day 01/22 + Pro Bowl Bonus

sb41champs

QB Andrew Luck will be playing in his first (of many) Pro Bowl this Sunday - replacing "an injured Tom Brady".  Did you have ANY inkling during Sunday's AFC Championship game that Brady was "injured" - or - are his itty-bitty feelings hurt because the Patriots got blanked in the second half at home ??

PRO BOWL BONUS:

If YOU were NFL Commissioner - what changes and/or improvements would you make to the Pro Bowl to make it a more exciting game for fans ??

QB Andrew Luck will be playing in his first (of many) Pro Bowl this Sunday - replacing "an injured Tom Brady". Did you have ANY inkling during Sunday's AFC Championship game that Brady was "injured" - or - are his itty-bitty feelings hurt because the Patriots got blanked in the second half at home ??

PRO BOWL BONUS:

If YOU were NFL Commissioner - what changes and/or improvements would you make to the Pro Bowl to make it a more exciting game for fans ??

His pride is broken

Let it be what it is.. If people don't want to watch, don't watch. It still pulls decent ratings

1. ProBowls are just like MVP Awards they mean absolutely nothing. NFL legacies are built on NFC/AFC Championships & Vince Lombardi trophies.

2. Terminate the circus known as the ProBowl entirely. Yes, it is a nice vacation in paradise for a player's friends & family. As a fan, it is a joke to watch. I could care less which team wins.

1. ProBowls are just like MVP Awards they mean absolutely nothing. NFL legacies are built on NFC/AFC Championships & Vince Lombardi trophies.

I will acknowledge that a number of ProBowl appearances can aid a player a great deal in contract negotiations resulting in a larger 2nd contract for more guaranteed money. So I guess ProBowls aren't completely useless.

This just in: Brady was reportedly in with the training staff immediately after the game being treated for what team doctors described as a bruised ego, he is expected to make a full recovery.

Make the Pro-Bowl meaningful would require a two pronged attack that would appease players and make it worth their while and give the coaching staff incentive to coach...... for the players(Money and Lots of it) 7 digits for top line performance, LB performance DB performance. WR performance RB performance, QB performance, and OL performance)

Award an additional draft pick to every team represented on the winning side of the ball

to do those two things you would also have to make the rules like a regular season game and make the pro bowl selections selected totally by their peers and not a popularity contest of the fans.

1. Any NFL player that plays a full season is gonna have enough bumps & bruises to call themselves "injured" if they want.

2. The ProBowl is a joke, but a nice reward for the players. Maybe they should announce the teams, still give them the trip to Hawaii, then just have a big dance-off at the stadium to determine the NFL's representative to "Dancing with the Stars." : )

1.  He's just not interested in going...Pro Bowl doesn't matter to him.

2.  I'd be fine doing away with it and just naming players to something similar to an All-American Team.  That way, the players chosen get that honor and don't have to risk injury by playing in a meaningless game.  

I think part of the problem is that the Pro Bowl in is Hawaii...who can afford to go there to see a game?  The other major sports rotate to the cities with franchises and it becomes an event lasting 2-3 days.  So, if you keep the game, then play it in NFL cities and add events for the fans and some skill competitions.  I know everyone is excited about Luck making it to the Pro Bowl, but he's only there because a player chosen has decided not to go, which is the case for many other players who are now going under those circumstances.  Kinda takes the shine off of it for me.

1. He's just not interested in going...Pro Bowl doesn't matter to him.

2. I'd be fine doing away with it and just naming players to something similar to an All-American Team. That way, the players chosen get that honor and don't have to risk injury by playing in a meaningless game.

I think part of the problem is that the Pro Bowl in is Hawaii...who can afford to go there to see a game? The other major sports rotate to the cities with franchises and it becomes an event lasting 2-3 days. So, if you keep the game, then play it in NFL cities and add events for the fans and some skill competitions. I know everyone is excited about Luck making it to the Pro Bowl, but he's only there because a player chosen has decided not to go, which is the case for many other players who are now going under those circumstances. Kinda takes the shine off of it for me.

Your point 3 is redundant .. These people make millions a year .