Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

" Honey Badger " at the senior bowl

betheafan41

Honey Badger Mathieu is at the senior bowl practicing, attempting to repair his image for NFL scouts. He was quoted in saying his " honey badger days " came to an end when he messed up at LSU and would like to start over, but understands he hurt himself and put himself in this position and also understands the skepticism by NFL teams because of his off field issues in the past year an a half.

Me personaly, i think we should take a chance with him. we need secondary help and i think if anyone can set him straight and keep him there, it would be pagano and manusky. he was decent in college, and if im not mistaken was also a ST guy. doesnt hurt to have that extra returner incase another one gets hurt. Chances are he could fall down to a late 4th round pick if not well into the third day of the draft., BUT even if we have him as a nickel back, i believe he will still make our secondary better then it was these past two seasons. and the thing about this type of pick is, the NFL team who drafts him has leverage on his contract.  

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college-football/news/20130121/senior-bowl-tyrann-mathieu.ap/?sct=hp_t2_a14&eref=sihp

Like I said in the other threads, it's a low-risk high-reward pick. At the best he'll be a ball-hawking nickel corner that's a huge threat in the return game, at the least he'd be a waste of a late round pick. At of all the players available in the 4th, 5th round, he'll have the most upside.

Agreed, if he wound up not being drafted, then bring him in if possible but I would rather have Rhodes, Elam or Vaccaro.  Not to mention that we still have FA, why risk the pick when we could used it for some of our holes in the line or back-ups for the line

no one is suggesting honey badger in the 1st.  How about we get Rhodes, Elam, or Vaccaro AND The Honey Badger

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• I don't think he was at the combine or had a pro day. IIRC, when we picked him up, I researched him a bit. No 40 found, but I did find a track time that would likely put him around 4.4ish. He's fast, but don't think he's electric 4.3s though. At his small size, he better be fast lol. 
    • Point is, Rogers was Luck's #2, and you want to talk about stagnant lol. No, Rogers is not a world beater, but he beat a lot better when he had Luck lol. JB couldn't even find him. Each year, 18, 19, and 20, the WR core has suffered from injury. You keep harping on leg injury. The topic is the first six games. JB had duds in the first 6 games pre-injury, as did Luck and Rivers. As far a Ballard goes, WR was stagnant in 2018 when Luck was here. Grant? Inman? Rogers? None of those guys are doing much now. Not saying JB wasn't the best option. He was really the only option though. But bottom line, he's just not that good, even pre-injury. If you want to ignore his struggles with reads, progressions, time to throw, touch, accuracy, etc., that's fine.
    • We lost Devin Funchess last season. Parris Campbell was injured. So I’m glad you acknowledge the fact this team on offense was injured. Yeah Chester Rogers the world beater who still on this team... You’re nuts thinking JB had weapons to work with last season. Nuts for even bringing Rogers into this discussion.  I wonder why Ballard made it a mission to add pieces to the offense during the draft. He know we were stagnant on offense. Also again JB was playing through a leg injury last season. Impossible to step into his throws. He was still our best option at QB in 2019. 
    • Does anyone know how fast he is? He could be a nice compliment of speed on offense until Campbell returns.
    • Probably the most generous and kindest Owner in the NFL.
  • Members

• RollerColt

RollerColt 2,651

• EastStreet

EastStreet 6,900

• NannyMcafee

NannyMcafee 2,085

• Nickster

Nickster 500

• SOMDColtsfan

SOMDColtsfan 454

• crazycolt1