Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What Manning Thinks?

ruksak

It occurred to me that nobody here has posted about what Manning thinks of all this. Not his injury, but how his team has handled this debacle, how his team responded on Sunday and the moves made to replace him.

Peyton is a consummate pro, so he will not publicly denounce Collins over Painter or his coaches decisions. However, and this is asking for speculation, what do we think he thinks?

DISCLAIMER; For entertainment purposes only!

Even though Manning is at home enjoying fatherhood for the first time, his thoughts are also with his team. The house that Peyton built is rocking to-n-fro. 12 years of building a divisional dynasty is being blown away with demonic speed.

I believe Painter is his boy, he wanted Painter to get the nod. Peyton's ego is fully in check, so I doubt he is being inflated over the media scrap due to his absence.

What must he think of the O-line, and how about those protection goofs that pitted Dallas against Williams?

Manning made concessions to allow his team to prosper under the cap, yet there is a feeling in the air that his team is being mismanaged into the ground.

Everyone has been nonchalantly throwing around the prospect of drafting Luck if we indeed fail to that extent. Yet people seem to be omitting what terrible consequences befall a team that finishes 32nd. Coaches get fired, players get fired and/or leave on their own accord to join up with other teams that aren't imploding. Would Luck even want to come here?

I bring up Luck as part of the OP. What would Manning think of having a first class blue-chipper plopped behind him when he is coming off a threatening injury and has 4 years left?

PS I miss you Peyton :heart:

Manning probably thinks he's going to be voted MVP of the league without even taking a snap

I was wondering what caldwells job will be when peyton is back on the sideline with

a headset on running his offense. it would be halarius if he is the guy following manning

making sure the wire to his headset is out of the way.

On a serious note once again 1070 once again reported on Manning being pretty upset with the Colts over how the information got out and how forthcoming the Colts have been with the information. Also 1070 almost outted Polian as the guy who told them as hard as that is to believe.

With that said there isn't much Manning can do about it so it's really a none story IMO. I just thought I would post this here since people started a thread on what Manning thinks.

It's worth noting 1070 also has an ax to grind with Polian because their hosts can't stand how Polian likes to go to the national media to break major news story (not that I can blame them for that) so I am guessing they are reporting this because it shows Polian taking some heat.

He's incapable of thinking... He saw linkenbach playing Sunday and went braindead.

haha

Can't top that, so I'll say in somewhat seriousness that while I'm sure most of him wants desperately to get back on the field as fast as possible, I have a feeling that his neck is quite happy that by next September Costanzo will be a vet at LT, and Igalana will likely be ensconced at RT. Perhaps other improvements to follow (I hope).

Am I the only one who cringed through most of last season, wondering how Peyton kept getting back up off the ground game after game. There's a real good chance that with a better o-line he wouldn't have needed this summers two surgeries in the first place. With the long-term interests of the Colts in mind, maybe it's not so bad that Collins is the new olines practice dummy.

On a serious note once again 1070 once again reported on Manning being pretty upset with the Colts over how the information got out and how forthcoming the Colts have been with the information. Also 1070 almost outted Polian as the guy who told them as hard as that is to believe.

With that said there isn't much Manning can do about it so it's really a none story IMO. I just thought I would post this here since people started a thread on what Manning thinks.

It's worth noting 1070 also has an ax to grind with Polian because their hosts can't stand how Polian likes to go to the national media to break major news story (not that I can blame them for that) so I am guessing they are reporting this because it shows Polian taking some heat.

Information about his neck, or their looking at replacements, or what? I hadn't heard any of this. You're saying that Manning doesn't want information being released to the media, so he's responded by releasing more information to the media. What am I missing? Is the radio station just trying to stir something out of nothing?

I can understand Peyton wanting privacy for his twins (he went overboard, but I understand the principle behind it) - but this is entirely different. Not his call at all.

haha

Can't top that, so I'll say in somewhat seriousness that while I'm sure most of him wants desperately to get back on the field as fast as possible, I have a feeling that his neck is quite happy that by next September Costanzo will be a vet at LT, and Igalana will likely be ensconced at RT. Perhaps other improvements to follow (I hope).

Am I the only one who cringed through most of last season, wondering how Peyton kept getting back up off the ground game after game. There's a real good chance that with a better o-line he wouldn't have needed this summers two surgeries in the first place. With the long-term interests of the Colts in mind, maybe it's not so bad that Collins is the new olines practice dummy.

It was awful. Could you imagine Peyton's production with a good line? Watching the Pats last night, it was no wonder that Brady threw for 895 yards. Yes, Brady is VERY good, but he gets some time back there to go through his progressions and go to the right place. On a related note, I hope their center is OK.

Information about his neck, or their looking at replacements, or what? I hadn't heard any of this. You're saying that Manning doesn't want information being released to the media, so he's responded by releasing more information to the media. What am I missing? Is the radio station just trying to stir something out of nothing?

I can understand Peyton wanting privacy for his twins (he went overboard, but I understand the principle behind it) - but this is entirely different. Not his call at all.

I was just saying they were reporting Manning doesn't like how they have handled his injury situation and he doesn't like the fact the second surgery got leaked.

I said the last time I brought this up I really doubt this is going to be something that causes some rift between Manning and the Colts. I said it's kinda like when family members get upset at something and sooner or later they just get over it. Also I am sure it wouldn't break 1070's hearts to know they are doing something to make Polian's day harder.

I bring up Luck as part of the OP. What would Manning think of having a first class blue-chipper plopped behind him when he is coming off a threatening injury and has 4 years left?

In theory, drafting Luck (if the Colts are in position to do so) makes sense from the perspective of preparing for the post-Manning years. Having Luck sit behind Manning for a few years becoming acclimated to NFL football while Manning plays the final years of his career (and wins a few Super Bowls in the process) would be ideal. In practice, though, drafting Luck would be a major handicap on what is left of Manning's career. They just gave Manning a huge new contract. Then they draft Luck and have a #1 pick sitting on the bench? That is a lot of cap space to spend on a guy that will seldom see time on the field until Manning retires.....cap space that cannot be used to make the team around Manning the best that it can be for his final years. I like the idea in theory, but in practice it is almost akin to forfeiting the end of Manning's career.

I reckon he might be feeling like that guy that was late to the airport on 9/11.

You mean Seth MacFarlane?

So 1070 is sticking it to Polian for not coming to them with information more often by reporting that Manning is upset with Polian for going to them with information? Hmmmmmmm.......I wonder why Polian doesn't go to them with information more often......

In theory, drafting Luck (if the Colts are in position to do so) makes sense from the perspective of preparing for the post-Manning years. Having Luck sit behind Manning for a few years becoming acclimated to NFL football while Manning plays the final years of his career (and wins a few Super Bowls in the process) would be ideal. In practice, though, drafting Luck would be a major handicap on what is left of Manning's career. They just gave Manning a huge new contract. Then they draft Luck and have a #1 pick sitting on the bench? That is a lot of cap space to spend on a guy that will seldom see time on the field until Manning retires.....cap space that cannot be used to make the team around Manning the best that it can be for his final years. I like the idea in theory, but in practice it is almost akin to forfeiting the end of Manning's career.

With all the comparison to Manning, do you think Manning would have been cool with sitting behind another QB, an established HoF'er for a few years?

These highly tauted blue-chipper QB's have a great arm, smarts and an equally beefy ego.

I think alot of folks (not saying you) are forgoing the reality of picking Luck next year.