Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ed Reed to Indy?

I heard the same rumor. That if Reed looks for a new team the most likely spots are the Colts or Patriots.

The Colts because he loves Pagano.

And the Pats because he wants to be kicked by Brady in practice.

Not sure how much truth there is to the Reed to the Colts rumors. Or even NE.

Guess time will tell.......

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/1/24/3911876/ed-reed-contract-nfl-free-agency-baltimore-ravens

Reed says he is playing next season.

If he leaves Baltimore this is actually one big name FA I have actual interest in for the right price for a year or two. Instant veteran leadership on defense. With the Pagano/Wayne connections I would not count this out from happening either.

Do not forget, Ed Reed showered Luck with some praised to Wayne after our playoff loss in Baltimore. :)

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/1/24/3911876/ed-reed-contract-nfl-free-agency-baltimore-ravens

Reed says he is playing next season.

If he leaves Baltimore this is actually one big name FA I have actual interest in for the right price for a year or two. Instant veteran leadership on defense. With the Pagano/Wayne connections I would not count this out from happening either.

Do not forget, Ed Reed showered Luck with some praised to Wayne after our playoff loss in Baltimore. :)

Sure....maybe a 2 year deal at a fair price and I'm fine with him coming over to us.

I heard the same rumor. That if Reed looks for a new team the most likely spots are the Colts or Patriots.

His what's real garbage (IMO) about those "rumors." I think it's just some talking or "writting" head or pen stating the obvious connections to Indy and NE. Fact is who is to say that the Colts or NE will shell out big bucks for Reed ? If Reed is looking to play a couple years at the 3 mill or so most are suggesting , wouldn't he just prefer to stay with the team he has played his whole career with. Chances are Balt would give him a discounted deal for a couple of years. 

So here is how I think it might break down. 

Ed Reed wnats to squeeze every $ he can out of his last contract. He first negotiates with Balt and Balt is not stupid enough to give the 35 year old big money. So now he hits the open market and tries to find one of the 31 remaining teams to bite. Probably the first two teams his agent contacts would be the Pats and Colts. If neither wants to pay big money , he moves on. Now there would be (IMO) a decent chance that no team will over pay for Ed Reed. He didn't make a ton of big plays in 2012 nd he will be a year older in 2013. So now he might skip the Ravens when he has to sign the cheap deal. This seems to be the case in these type instances. maybe it's a pride thing or whatever. More often than not the player will not give the original team the chance to resign him on the cheap. 

So , once again , IMO , this is what has to happen for us to end up with ED Reed. Either we pay big bucks or the whole other 31teams has to pass on giving him a big contract. Plus Reed has to figure he is worth considerably more than what the Ravens offer him to stay there. Otherwise he just resigns with them. Now if nobody really wants him and he is going to figure on playing cheap for a year or so , then the Colt ties come into play. 

Ugh, I hate this.

I told myself not to get used to this idea, and now I'M TOTALLY GETTING USED TO THIS IDEA

You mean Ed Reed signing here ? Not going to happen. We already tried an ex raven at SS. Fool me once shame on you , fool me twice shame on me.

You mean Ed Reed signing here ? Not going to happen. We already tried an ex raven at SS. Fool me once shame on you , fool me twice shame on me.

There aren't enough >>> in the world for me to express how much Ed Reed > Tom Zbikowski. Even 35 year old Ed Reed.

But I agree, it's not likely, especially in light of your post above. That's the primary reason I was resisting the idea. But the more it's talked about, the more I like the idea. Move Bethea to SS .... NOOO!

I'm done. I can't keep thinking about this.

Sure....maybe a 2 year deal at a fair price and I'm fine with him coming over to us.

Yeah that I could be okay with.  I could also see Reed being interested in us and the Colts maybe not being interested in him. With that said we could do far worse things at the safety spot than bring Ed Reed in. 

His what's real garbage (IMO) about those "rumors." I think it's just some talking or "writting" head or pen stating the obvious connections to Indy and NE. Fact is who is to say that the Colts or NE will shell out big bucks for Reed ? If Reed is looking to play a couple years at the 3 mill or so most are suggesting , wouldn't he just prefer to stay with the team he has played his whole career with. Chances are Balt would give him a discounted deal for a couple of years. 

So here is how I think it might break down. 

Ed Reed wnats to squeeze every $ he can out of his last contract. He first negotiates with Balt and Balt is not stupid enough to give the 35 year old big money. So now he hits the open market and tries to find one of the 31 remaining teams to bite. Probably the first two teams his agent contacts would be the Pats and Colts. If neither wants to pay big money , he moves on. Now there would be (IMO) a decent chance that no team will over pay for Ed Reed. He didn't make a ton of big plays in 2012 nd he will be a year older in 2013. So now he might skip the Ravens when he has to sign the cheap deal. This seems to be the case in these type instances. maybe it's a pride thing or whatever. More often than not the player will not give the original team the chance to resign him on the cheap. 

So , once again , IMO , this is what has to happen for us to end up with ED Reed. Either we pay big bucks or the whole other 31teams has to pass on giving him a big contract. Plus Reed has to figure he is worth considerably more than what the Ravens offer him to stay there. Otherwise he just resigns with them. Now if nobody really wants him and he is going to figure on playing cheap for a year or so , then the Colt ties come into play. 

Bal has a lot of players to resign, including Flaco.  Reed is as good as gone in Bal...

If he is now saying he will not retire and wants to play at least a couple more years than Indy is one of the top 3 most likely places he will end up (probably #1)

Chances are much much much higher on us having Ed Reed next year than you are acting like.

u sir have won the award for worst comparrison of the day...  using ur reasoning u r saying Zibikowski is equal to Ed Reed   :facepalm:

There aren't enough >>> in the world for me to express how much Ed Reed > Tom Zbikowski. Even 35 year old Ed Reed.

But I agree, it's not likely, especially in light of your post above. That's the primary reason I was resisting the idea. But the more it's talked about, the more I like the idea. Move Bethea to SS .... NOOO!

I'm done. I can't keep thinking about this.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought in Pagano's system, there isn't really much difference between SS and FS

At his age, Reed is not going to get a mega-deal from anyone. I also agree that the Ravens have some issues with the number of key players eligible for free agency. But, if teams are smart and refuse to get into a bidding war, I believe that Reed stays with the Ravens because they will be able to pay him a reasonable amount and he will re-sign with them.

u sir have won the award for worst comparrison of the day...  using ur reasoning u r saying Zibikowski is equal to Ed Reed   :facepalm:

Kyle ... of coarse Ed Reed has nothing to do with Ziblowski. I was just having a little fun with this. Lighten up a bit young man.

Kyle ... of coarse Ed Reed has nothing to do with Ziblowski. I was just having a little fun with this. Lighten up a bit young man.

there was nothing in your post to indicate you were not being completely serious, so perhaps you should try to do a better job of indicating when you're "just having a little fun". ;)

Every year the media connects a well known free agent to New England....and then it usually doesn't happen. I'm sure Peter King will see Ed Reed, MIke Wallace, Brent Grimes, Dwayne Bowe and Dashon Goldson as perfect fits for NE and the genius Bellichick.

Ed Reed said that he will not retire following the Super Bowl.

Despite flirting with retirement for much of the last few offseasons, Reed now insists he won't be following Ray Lewis off into the sunset. The question is if the impending free agent will be back in Baltimore. Even though he'll be 35 in September, Reed still figures to draw significant interest around the league. Old friend Chuck Pagano, now with the Colts, could come calling. Patriots coach Bill Belichick is also an unabashed fan of Reed.

Source: Jeff Zrebiec on Twitter Jan 24 - 12:36 PM

there was nothing in your post to indicate you were not being completely serious, so perhaps you should try to do a better job of indicating when you're "just having a little fun". ;)

Nothig other than the fact that anyone that could spell Colts would know that's a silly analogy. But point taken.

Nothig other than the fact that anyone that could spell Colts would know that's a silly analogy. But point taken.

Oh yeah definitely agreed, it's easy to see it was a silly analogy.  Wasn't as easy to see that you didn't actually believe it to be a correct one.  Surely you've seen some of the absurd comments and comparisons made on this site in the past ;) lol

Oh yeah definitely agreed, it's easy to see it was a silly analogy.  Wasn't as easy to see that you didn't actually believe it to be a correct one.  Surely you've seen some of the absurd comments and comparisons made on this site in the past ;) lol

ho hum... get a life

Obviously we have no idea if the Colts would have real interest, I mean most of us just put it together due to Pagano/Wayne which are very good connections.

But.......my God Peter King. Could you be any more of a cheerleader for the Patriots? Did you hear him before the pro bowl? He basically said he should go to NE and be their new Rodney Harrison. :rollseyes:

One thing I always found interesting is that while yes the Pats have always seemed to love Reed I never felt like the Ravens defenders respected the Patriots too much. Heck they vocally have said it before. Oh and yeah I don't think NE has a ton of money either and I believe Brady is on his final year of his contract. Welker and Talib are FAs too.

Of course, you go to NE if you want that ring. I mean last time they hoisted the Lombardi was early 2005. :sleepy:

Obviously we have no idea if the Colts would have real interest, I mean most of us just put it together due to Pagano/Wayne which are very good connections.

But.......my God Peter King. Could you be any more of a cheerleader for the Patriots? Did you hear him before the pro bowl? He basically said he should go to NE and be their new Rodney Harrison. :rollseyes:

One thing I always found interesting is that while yes the Pats have always seemed to love Reed I never felt like the Ravens defenders respected the Patriots too much. Heck they vocally have said it before. Oh and yeah I don't think NE has a ton of money either and I believe Brady is on his final year of his contract. Welker and Talib are FAs too.

Of course, you go to NE if you want that ring. I mean last time they hoisted the Lombardi was early 2005. :sleepy:

I think if I were him I'd pick the colts just cause of pagano/Wayne. But that's if ravens are letting me walk and I still want to play a couple more seasons. There won't be a ring chasing factor if he wins one with the ravens, which I really hope they do

I think if I were him I'd pick the colts just cause of pagano/Wayne. But that's if ravens are letting me walk and I still want to play a couple more seasons. There won't be a ring chasing factor if he wins one with the ravens, which I really hope they do

I think we can possibly contend, honestly. Maybe sooner then later.

I also do not feel at this moment that any one AFC team is head and shoulders above the rest to the point you don't feel you can beat them in a one game elimination. This recent postseason proved it too. People thought NE or Denver were a lock to be in the big one. Nope......

The NFC though still has the edge until the AFC gets another SB win IMO. We will see soon........:)

I think we can possibly contend, honestly. Maybe sooner then later.

I also do not feel at this moment that any one AFC team is head and shoulders above the rest to the point you don't feel you can beat them in a one game elimination. This recent postseason proved it too. People thought NE or Denver were a lock to be in the big one. Nope......

The NFC though still has the edge until the AFC gets another SB win IMO. We will see soon........:)

Oh no, I firmly believe we will be contenders from here on out. Just saying if they say the connections and friendships are true about reed, why would NE even be an option?

Oh no, I firmly believe we will be contenders from here on out. Just saying if they say the connections and friendships are true about reed, why would NE even be an option?

Cause it's the Patriots. No real need to further explain. :)

Like I said I am not even sure we would have real interest and much of it to me might depend on how much Reed is asking for too. I would love to have him but I don't want to over spend for a safety his age either.

It just sucks that I have to be so into this lol. The Pagano/Wayne connections to Reed are too sweet. I am sure Wayne would LOVE to have him in Indy. LOVE it.

Pro Football Focus ranked Ed Reed 59th among 88 qualifying safeties in 2012.

Reed is certainly well into his decline phase at age 34. He missed 15 tackles and allowed 17.3 yards per catch this season, both seventh-worst among safeties. Perhaps Reed's free-agency market won't be as strong as initially thought. GM Ozzie Newsome said that if Reed ends up reversing course and retiring after the Super Bowl, there will be a place for him on the Ravens' coaching staff.

I would take Reed so fast....so fast ....

Cause it's the Patriots. No real need to further explain. :)

Like I said I am not even sure we would have real interest and much of it to me might depend on how much Reed is asking for too. I would love to have him but I don't want to over spend for a safety his age either.

It just sucks that I have to be so into this lol. The Pagano/Wayne connections to Reed are too sweet. I am sure Wayne would LOVE to have him in Indy. LOVE it.

Yeah the logic was pretty much BB likes Reed so there for Reed will want to play for him.  I am sure there are lots of coaches who like Ed Reed I am not sure that is what makes them want to play for BB.

The Pats are a good team that could use some secondary help that isn't afraid of signing vets to help their team out.  Had they said that then it would have at least made sense but the whole idea of well BB likes Ed Reed and that alone makes it a done deal made me roll my eyes.