Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Realistic Trade Values

chad hugo

i cant recall the last time colts were on the verge of trading their players but if it does come down to this, who would you say are our most expendable players? i see people mentioning names like freeney,wayne,saturday and mathis ....are you kidding me? trading isnt the colts way of improving but you gotta try new things.

i cant recall the last time colts were on the verge of trading their players but if it does come down to this, who would you say are our most expendable players? i see people mentioning names like freeney,wayne,saturday and mathis ....are you kidding me? trading isnt the colts way of improving but you gotta try new things.

What about Donald Brown for a run-stopping defensive tackle? (assuming someone would take the trade).

Recent Trades

Richard Seymour- 1st rd

Kevin Kolb- 2nd Rounder/Top 8 DB

Anquan Boldin- 3rd and 4th

Brandon Marshall- 2 2nds

Jay Cutler- 1st 3rd and Orton

Yeah, but most of those guys didn't want to be on their teams. Kolb, Boldin, Marshall and Cutler all wanted to be traded. There isn't anyone on the Colts who wants to be traded (as far as I have heard)

Trading within the draft is the best option to me. Cleveland Browns have 2 first round picks, pick no.14 and the pick they got from the Falcons for Julio Jones (say No.22). If we pick around 8-12, we may be able to do a 2-for-1 trade of first round picks.

What about Donald Brown for a run-stopping defensive tackle? (assuming someone would take the trade).

Dear God. Brown is a 3rd string RB who will most likely be cut after the season if he makes it that long. Why on earth would some team trade for him?

After reading the many posts in this thread, it seems obvious that people do not know what real value is in the NFL. For starters, Hughes, Brown, AV have literally no trade value. Addai was an unrestricted free agent. Any team could have him and he ended up back here. There is no trade value there.

the only players with realistic trade value, and who we would even ponder to trade are, wayne, addai, or mathiss

trading in the nfl is not like madden folks, nobody wants brown or hughes

I will say that Clark, Wayne, Mathis, Freeney would be the higher ticket trades but I just can't see Freeney being on the trade list unless 2 first round picks were offered. I would take that too but it won't be offered.

Tamme, Garcon, maybe Vinny (san diego needs a kicker) possibly Brackett.

They won't trade Manning for certain. Most likely not trading Freeney or Addai or Wayne. I could see Clark being a trade piece and possibly Mathis but I wouldn't think we get much out of Mathis as his contract will come due at the end of this year and that is factored in with trades.

Lastly, if any trades makes any sense, it would be with Clark because at least we have a few competent players behind him wheras we have nothing to replace Freeney or Mathis. After all of this, I would be extremely shocked to see anyone traded, that would take foresight and risk taking with the FO and I can't recall the last time that has occured, perhaps with the Manning selection :)

I don't see us trading anybody to be honest. Donald Brown is a third string RB on one of the worst run offenses in the league. C'mon people he has absolutely no trade value. I could see Jacob Tamme being a 6th round pick maybe, and that doesn't even seem worth it to me. He's worth more to us than that in our scheme. Polian already said his top priorities in the off-season was re-signing Mathis and Wayne. The only other person worth value would be Clark, and quite frankly I don't see that happening. We are just going to have to play with what we have I think...get well soon Peyton!

I wouldn't be terribly upset to see either Freeney or Mathis (preferably Mathis and I say this only because of how undersized he is) traded if we received good value for them. Then we could move Foster back to DE, which is a much better fit for him than DT, and pickup another DT/NT. We could also see what Hughes is truly made out of and we also still have Anderson/Brackett so DE is arguably where we have the most depth.

I agree that Brown has virtually no trade value but I wouldn't be so quick to say that about Hughes. He clearly had first round talent in the draft because no one argued about him being taken in the first round. He's spent a year plus learning behind two of the best in Freeney and Mathis and it's obvious (to those who really pay attention) that he just hasn't had the opportunities to show what he can really do. I'm not saying we get a first round back for him but I wouldn't say he has no trade value either. Definitely not the same value as someone who's had the on-field experience though.

I wouldn't be upset at all to see Brackett traded but I doubt we get much of anything for him. He's not a starting MLB on any other team in the league imo.

Addai and Clark...well, especially as far as Clark goes, this hurts to say but I wouldn't be upset about losing these guys either. The only way I'd want to let Clark go though is if we were able to replace him with a big, physical TE that can both block and catch. This might be something better left for draft day.

We might be able to get something decent back for Tamme considering how he played in Clark's absence last year.

Tamme has great value, Hughes has good value, Angerer has good value, Powers has good value, Brown has okay value, and Castonzo has crazy value. The most valuable player is (besides PM), probably DF.

Well I disagree about Brown. As for the others, I wouldn't want to see Angerer, Powers or Castonzo go anywhere.

Well I disagree about Brown. As for the others, I wouldn't want to see Angerer, Powers or Castonzo go anywhere.

me neither, but he's asking who has a lot of value. Brown has okay value to teams with bad running games like the Cards, like the Dolphins, like Packers, like Lions, and so on. Remember, I said okay value, like if they offer us a 3rd round pick, * it fastest than the last chocolate bar ever sold...

Tamme has great value, Hughes has good value, Angerer has good value, Powers has good value, Brown has okay value, and Castonzo has crazy value. The most valuable player is (besides PM), probably DF.

Tamme's biggest value is to us. We aren't going to get what he's worth back in return.

Hughes has about as much value as Brown does, two guys who were pretty much healthy scratches have no value in this league. You have to do something to earn value.

Angeerer we aren't trading, he had 13 tackles yesterday and has established himself as a linebacker on this team rather it be in the middle or on the outside. I know it's a hypothetical thread but threads just make me laugh because we aren't going to trade these guys while we are listing them we might as well point out we could hold an NFL team ransom if we wanted to trade Peyton Manning.

Tamme's biggest value is to us. We aren't going to get what he's worth back in return.

Hughes has about as much value as Brown does, two guys who were pretty much healthy scratches have no value in this league. You have to do something to earn value.

Angeerer we aren't trading, he had 13 tackles yesterday and has established himself as a linebacker on this team rather it be in the middle or on the outside. I know it's a hypothetical thread but threads just make me laugh because we aren't going to trade these guys while we are listing them we might as well point out we could hold an NFL team ransom if we wanted to trade Peyton Manning.

Very true, which is why I for one have been suggesting trying to trade the guys ahead of Tamme and Hughes (Clark and Freeney respectively of course) because I do think we could get good value for these guys and we stand a chance of not losing too much in moving up their backups.

me neither, but he's asking who has a lot of value. Brown has okay value to teams with bad running games like the Cards, like the Dolphins, like Packers, like Lions, and so on. Remember, I said okay value, like if they offer us a 3rd round pick, * it fastest than the last chocolate bar ever sold...

Tell me, say the Colts decided they wanted to trade Brown. What do you think they would get in return?

I wouldn't be terribly upset to see either Freeney or Mathis (preferably Mathis and I say this only because of how undersized he is) traded if we received good value for them. Then we could move Foster back to DE, which is a much better fit for him than DT, and pickup another DT/NT. We could also see what Hughes is truly made out of and we also still have Anderson/Brackett so DE is arguably where we have the most depth.

I agree that Brown has virtually no trade value but I wouldn't be so quick to say that about Hughes. He clearly had first round talent in the draft because no one argued about him being taken in the first round. He's spent a year plus learning behind two of the best in Freeney and Mathis and it's obvious (to those who really pay attention) that he just hasn't had the opportunities to show what he can really do. I'm not saying we get a first round back for him but I wouldn't say he has no trade value either. Definitely not the same value as someone who's had the on-field experience though.

I wouldn't be upset at all to see Brackett traded but I doubt we get much of anything for him. He's not a starting MLB on any other team in the league imo.

Addai and Clark...well, especially as far as Clark goes, this hurts to say but I wouldn't be upset about losing these guys either. The only way I'd want to let Clark go though is if we were able to replace him with a big, physical TE that can both block and catch. This might be something better left for draft day.

We might be able to get something decent back for Tamme considering how he played in Clark's absence last year.

Jason, if Hughes had any talent that was being covered up by being behind Mathis and Freeney, he would at the very least be on the game day active roster list. I think it is a extremely strong signal that the kid isn't going to make it in this leauge if the first round talent can't make it on the active roster in his 2nd year. Just because he had first round talent in the draft doesn't mean squat. Jamarcus Russel had first pick in the draft talent (something I was way against) and he isn't even in the league now. He was made to start because of that very reason, first pick, and look how badly that turned out. Mathis has no trade value or if he does, it is a conditional 7th rounder.

Very true, which is why I for one have been suggesting trying to trade the guys ahead of Tamme and Hughes (Clark and Freeney respectively of course) because I do think we could get good value for these guys and we stand a chance of not losing too much in moving up their backups.

If you were to trade Brown or Hughes, the best you could do in a trade is a player for player swap. Take someone that fits your scheme that hasn't done what they expected either and swap for someone that MAY fit in on the new team. Trying to trade for a 7th round pick is about as useless as trading for a fake cubana cigar.

Jason, if Hughes had any talent that was being covered up by being behind Mathis and Freeney, he would at the very least be on the game day active roster list. I think it is a extremely strong signal that the kid isn't going to make it in this leauge if the first round talent can't make it on the active roster in his 2nd year. Just because he had first round talent in the draft doesn't mean squat. Jamarcus Russel had first pick in the draft talent (something I was way against) and he isn't even in the league now. He was made to start because of that very reason, first pick, and look how badly that turned out. Mathis has no trade value or if he does, it is a conditional 7th rounder.

Why wasn't he on the active game-day roster? I've seen it mentioned several times that he wasn't active but haven't seen anyone give a reason as to why. I'm just wondering if maybe it was an injury or something along those lines that kept them from activating him.

Also, to clarify, I'm not saying he has a lot of trade value, just saying that of the 2 (Brown and Hughes), Hughes is the one that we might be able to get something back for.

I also disagree about Mathis having no trade value, unless you're basing that primarily on the fact that this is his contract year so teams would be more inclined to wait until the offseason to try to outbid the Colts for him instead of giving anything up for him in a trade. That I would agree with but if you're basing the statement on his ability and talent then I would definitely disagree. Either way, I think we would get more for Freeney and therefore (also because of the contract situation) would check out what we could get for Freeney in a trade instead of Mathis.

If you were to trade Brown or Hughes, the best you could do in a trade is a player for player swap. Take someone that fits your scheme that hasn't done what they expected either and swap for someone that MAY fit in on the new team. Trying to trade for a 7th round pick is about as useless as trading for a fake cubana cigar.

Not sure why you quoted me in that post because I never suggested to actually attempt to trade Brown or Hughes. Perhaps you quoted my post by mistake?

It was reported by the colts pregame he was a healthy scratch

Why wasn't he on the active game-day roster? I've seen it mentioned several times that he wasn't active but haven't seen anyone give a reason as to why. I'm just wondering if maybe it was an injury or something along those lines that kept them from activating him.

Also, to clarify, I'm not saying he has a lot of trade value, just saying that of the 2 (Brown and Hughes), Hughes is the one that we might be able to get something back for.

I also disagree about Mathis having no trade value, unless you're basing that primarily on the fact that this is his contract year so teams would be more inclined to wait until the offseason to try to outbid the Colts for him instead of giving anything up for him in a trade. That I would agree with but if you're basing the statement on his ability and talent then I would definitely disagree. Either way, I think we would get more for Freeney and therefore (also because of the contract situation) would check out what we could get for Freeney in a trade instead of Mathis.

Gonzo, Brown and a mid round pick for Tebow? I know I am about to get flamed here, but he's a good kid, mobile (so he can escape the collapsed pocket), football smart, and is a hard worker. Tebow after 3 weeks > Collins after 3 weeks > Painter, period.

Also,

hand job from a cheerleader???

+