Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jim Irsay - Owner Of The Year

unitaswestand

I see where Grigson and Arians have won some awards from different sources and I am happy for them and they are well deserved.  But I think Jim Irsay needs some love too.   Everyone knows the story, but let me recap it to put it in perspective.  Jim Irsay, in the last year:

1) Fired one of the top personnel guys in NFL history in Bill Polian.  I know Polian isn't always the most loved guy, but you cannot argue with his results.  I know people say his last few drafts weren't great, but I do think Chris Polian had a hand in that.

2) Cut arguably the greatest QB in history.  No more to add to that.

3) Hired Ryan Grigson when a lot of us probably a lot of us didn't even know who he was.  But he showed incredible judgement of just knowing Grigson was a football guy.   And I can see Grigson is going to be a top GM.

4) Brought in, along with Grigson, Chuck Pagano.   He had the foresight to want a team that was physically and mentally strong.  He saw those characteristics in Pagano, who will have players run through a wall for him.

It could have went the other direction.   But look at Grigson's draft and how hard the team played for the system Pagano put in.

None of this would have been possible without Jim Irsay making tough, tough decisions.  The guy has stones and great foresight.

Jim Irsay - Owner Of The Year!

With in his own fanbase Irsay's stock has gone from rock bottom in March to top of the mountain right now.  I have and I know many here have felt like he is one of the better owner in sports.  I am glad those (and not saying you are one of them) that were extremely harsh on Irsay after the Manning decision are coming around. 

I just love that Irsay hired 2 gym rats & quality control film rats in Grigson & Pagano. That's uncommon to see in both a GM & an HC at the same time working in the same building. 2 carbon copies of each other who will put in the long hours gladly & who refuse to accept failure as an option. Roll your sleeves up & go to work.  :thmup:

Never doubted him one little bit. And you forgot his black belt in 'twitter'... 

haha  :funny:  :lol: As much as I find his twitter activity uncomfortable sometimes, Jim Irsay does maintain a great connection with his Colts fanbase worldwide. He listens to them & actually follows through...Jim Caldwell is no longer pacing the sidelines as the HC anymore. Not slamming Jim. I just appreciate a tech savvy owner that appreciates Colts feedback that's all. 

With in his own fanbase Irsay's stock has gone from rock bottom in March to top of the mountain right now. I have and I know many here have felt like he is one of the better owner in sports. I am glad those (and not saying you are one of them) that were extremely harsh on Irsay after the Manning decision are coming around.

You make an exceptional point. It took courage & a ton of intestinal fortitude to release an INDY icon that transcends the sport of football & go in a completely new direction. Although, to be honest, Peyton Manning was a true professional who could have raked Irsay over volcanic coals of hot ash on the press conference media front & didn't. Peyton showed a boat load of decorum, dignity, & class to the organization, the fans, & the city that will always love him like a favorite, beloved son throughout the whole unsettling ordeal.

And one of the few owners in the league to operate a twitter account. I want to see what all he says this offseason.

Other than that, Irsay has gone from one of the more hated owners early this year with the gutting of the team, to one of the most revered owners for having the foresight to go younger.

Similar to "The Miracle On 33rd Street" with such a magical year. Even though this team shouldn't have sniffed a winning record on paper, and with all the adversity that happened in season.

More credit should go to Irsay, Grigson, and the coaching staff for engineering one of the best turnarounds in franchise history similar to the aforementioned "Miracle On 33rd Street" and the bounce back in 1999 (which I don't believe has a nickname but it really should because it is tied for the biggest turnaround in NFL history).