Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Polian Scouting Andrew Luck

ruksak

You know, a lot of times it can be easily forgiven because a topic of discussion may have a misleading thread title. But I mean....c'mon. The thread title is "Polian Scouting Andrew Luck" and it's barely halfway down the first page. Don't exactly need high tech search functions that may or may not be difficult to use so much as just a semi-functional mouse or a down arrow key. :clap:

And you might be correct, I dont think typing Luck into a search bar is considered High Tech, but when I did this, just didnt get anything at all...Really it doesnt seem to be that big of a deal Im sure I wont be the last to make a double thread and I know for dayum sure I wasnt the first!

Yeah Tried it, I tried Luck, Andrew Luck, Polian Scouting Luck, Scout report for Luck...got nothing related at all

I tried before I responded the first time. It works but it does bring up many irrelevant topics. I might bring this up in the 'site bugs' thread.

Lets just request a merge with the existing topic and call it a day.

EDIT: I tried again and the reason so many irrelevant topics appear is because people are mentioning Andrew Luck in 32 different threads...lol. Apparently the search looks for the keywords in the thread, not just the thread title. Which can make things confusing.

Sign Carson Palmer. He wants out of cincy. They have his rights. Trade for the guy. Jesus amd I the only one that has figured this out?

I dont see where Carson Is really going to help us out either, I mean last year they didnt do anything close to good behing Palmer....Sure he has had some good years...I just dont see how he would be any better than Collins...Plus whats the point of taking another qb that doesnt know the offense, it will take them just as long to learn it just like it is collins...I seriously think we should keep Collins and just see how he does...if it ends up being the same results after week 3, give Painter a shot...It just doesnt seem smart to sign another qb when we got 3 on the roster now(well 2 non-injured)

I tried before I responded the first time. It works but it does bring up many irrelevant topics. I might bring this up in the 'site bugs' thread.

Lets just request a merge with the existing topic and call it a day.

EDIT: I tried again and the reason so many irrelevant topics appear is because people are mentioning Andrew Luck in 32 different threads...lol. Apparently the search looks for the keywords in the thread, not just the thread title. Which can make things confusing.

I agree, to merge...also that makes a ton of sense as to why I didnt see it. I seen Gary Bracket as the first thing and immediately thought anything about Luck would come up to the top and started mine..So yeah sorry guys for the double post! I obviously need to open the eyes a bit wider next time lol

Yeah Tried it, I tried Luck, Andrew Luck, Polian Scouting Luck, Scout report for Luck...got nothing related at all

The problem appears to be that it searches for the word in body of the posts as well as in the title. You could narrow it a bit by using his full name and quotation marks ("Andrew Luck") but he is being talked about so much that you still get a lot of items listed. It isn't a bug as ruksak (I think) mentioned, but it is a functional limitation. If there was an option to search only topics it would have popped right up.

Its not reasonable to expect us to master the design of sophisticated Boolean search strings just to post to a Colts forum, so duplications are inevitable.

I get the impression that random/duplicate topics were an out of control issue in August, so while normally routine, some people have probably seen enough of it to last the rest of the year.

The problem appears to be that it searches for the word in body of the posts as well as in the title. You could narrow it a bit by using his full name and quotation marks ("Andrew Luck") but he is being talked about so much that you still get a lot of items listed. It isn't a bug as ruksak (I think) mentioned, but it is a functional limitation. If there was an option to search only topics it would have popped right up.

Actually, a little more research reveals that you CAN search topics only. Just click on the wierd icon to the right of the search bar and limit your options accordingly. My apologies to the software for any slights intended, imagined, or otherwise. ;)

Actually, a little more research reveals that you CAN search topics only. Just click on the wierd icon to the right of the search bar and limit your options accordingly. My apologies to the software for any slights intended, imagined, or otherwise. ;)

+1 for smart.

NOW...back to the topic of acquiring a QB that we'll never get.