Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Polian Scouting Andrew Luck

ruksak

saw this on the front page, mentions that he may be the most NFL-ready QB since manning. If thats true then I'm all for drafting him. Also it does help that his polians' son is a special teams coach at stanford...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8222bf3a/article/polian-spent-saturday-watching-stanfords-luck-play-vs-duke?module=HP11_headline_stack

Polian's doing his homework like he should if we end up with the first pick. We are going to have to make a very hard choice if we end up with the first overall pick. It's something you have to prepare for which is what Polian is doing.

Polian's doing his homework like he should if we end up with the first pick. We are going to have to make a very hard choice if we end up with the first overall pick. It's something you have to prepare for which is what Polian is doing.

Polian's son is also the Stanford special teams coach so don't read too much into it. It could've just been a family visit.

Polian's son is also the Stanford special teams coach so don't read too much into it. It could've just been a family visit.

I am going to say up front this is a horriable source so just take it for what it's worth. I was listening to 1070 this afternoon when someone called in and said they bumped into Polian at the airport and he said he was headed to Stanford to watch "the quarterback." Like I said please only take that for it's worth. I said right off the bat I am sure Polian was also looking at other players on both teams as well. I mean Stanford is what 7th in the country? I am sure Luck isn't their only good player. Also Polian's son is a special teams coach? Let's call him up and get him in here!

I assumed it was an irrelevant visit. However with all the Luck talk here, I was surprised that nobody had posted this yet. I figured it would stir the pot.

I assumed it was an irrelevant visit. However with all the Luck talk here, I was surprised that nobody had posted this yet. I figured it would stir the pot.

Someone did on Saturday but most people just over looked it.

With that said back to Irsay's tweet maybe Irsay is saying Bill Polian is going to walk away at season's end and hand the team to his son fully. I thought he would have done it last year but I think he wanted to lock in Peyton and get us threw the lockout. It wouldn't shock me at all if Polian retires at year end.

Bill Polian, for all his faults, scouts as well as any GM in the NFL. He's not going to go to a college game to spend time with anyone.

He wasn't there just to scout one player, or one team. You better believe he watched them all.

It wasn't just a family visit. Of course he's scouting Luck, if the Colts are in on the 1st draft pick next yr. you have to take Luck. I don't care if Manning comes back completely healthy or not, ya still have to take Luck.

Sign Carson Palmer. He wants out of cincy. They have his rights. Trade for the guy. Jesus amd I the only one that has figured this out?

Ok then, genius, now figure out how you're going to pry him from paul brown's death grip and get him out of Cincy with that mega-brain of yours and really impress the rest of us...

Yea this is no surprise, scouts scout players non stop every year. The colts even brung in QBs and it should be in that article i believe. The whole suck for luck is just ridiculous and its not even funny, this game is based on competition and for ppl to want that or even think that is ridiculous in itself.

Sign Carson Palmer. He wants out of cincy. They have his rights. Trade for the guy. Jesus amd I the only one that has figured this out?

Carson Palmer is overrated. He hasn't been the same since his injury.

As for Polian scouting Luck, I see nothing wrong with it. Not only was he scouting Luck, he was scouting nearly everyone there. What is wrong with that?

Of course everyone (Especially the media) is going too make this story something out of nothing.. Polian son is a Coach for Standford but since Manning is out, he's down there scouting Andrew Luck right!! Save the :cuss: . This guy (A.Luck) was a guaranteed lock to get drafted #1 in the draft last year if he would have came out, so what is there to scout o_0 ill believe he's down there scouting Luck when I see a Colts press conference saying we putting Peyton on IR, other than that, It's :cuss:

I am going to say up front this is a horriable source so just take it for what it's worth. I was listening to 1070 this afternoon when someone called in and said they bumped into Polian at the airport and he said he was headed to Stanford to watch "the quarterback." Like I said please only take that for it's worth. I said right off the bat I am sure Polian was also looking at other players on both teams as well. I mean Stanford is what 7th in the country? I am sure Luck isn't their only good player. Also Polian's son is a special teams coach? Let's call him up and get him in here!

Polian was ask about that on one of the Pre Game shows yesterday and he said he was there and he was also ask if he was scouting Luck and he said he was checking all the players but smiling all time he answered that question. (Everyone can make what they want to about that.) I'm sure someone else must have seen it and can give you more of what was said.

I think there was a caller on the Polian show that asked specifically about Kirk Cousins of Michigan State and if Polian was thinking about drafting a QB. Polian said that he has had that conversation with Peyton and Peyton is on what he termed as the "home stretch" in his NFL career. They did have a few QBs in mind in the previous draft but depending on where they rated them and what they wanted out of the draft, it did not work for the QB position. He also said that they will continue the process of evaluating QBs in the draft like they do other positions. I mean, he cannot give away who he likes and who he does not.

It could be a classic deflection too, that Polian was seen watching the Stanford game. Anyone else remember Polian watching a Minnesota game when we had let go of Edge and everyone (including the Pats) thought we wanted Laurence Maroney. Then Polian drafts Addai who has done better than Maroney, IMO. So, Polian could very well be interested in Kirk Cousins but cannot divulge it before the draft. Kirk Cousins' stock could rise after the combine too and he might end up in the top 10-15, possibly where we may end up picking, who knows??? A lot of college football to be played, a lot of prospects to be evaluated.

Ok then, genius, now figure out how you're going to pry him from paul brown's death grip and get him out of Cincy with that mega-brain of yours and really impress the rest of us...

It's called a trade. Cincy is rebuilding and I am sure they would love to stock pile some draft picks. You put Palmer behind your line with your receivers and he is the perfect sub for Peyton. heck he may replace him if he doesn't come back. Look i am in Cleveland but I like the Colts. What you have right now will not help you this year and your team is not getting any younger.

It's called a trade. Cincy is rebuilding and I am sure they would love to stock pile some draft picks. You put Palmer behind your line with your receivers and he is the perfect sub for Peyton. heck he may replace him if he doesn't come back. Look i am in Cleveland but I like the Colts. What you have right now will not help you this year and your team is not getting any younger.

If our team isn't getting any younger why would we give away draft picks (youth) just to bring in a QB who is older and has officially retired? c'mon really?

So you seem to be such an expert, but totally oblivious to the fact that paul brown (You know, that guy who runs the bengals and controls Palmer's career) has outright said they will hold on to Palmer's rights as long as they are legally allowed to. How does that work?

He's said multiple times that they aren't going to make any kind of move with Palmer. They expect him to show up and do the job he's paid to do, and if he's unwilling to work with them, they're just as unwilling to work with him. That's the bengals and brown mentality.

This isn't Madden. This is the real world.

Here is my take on the whole A. Luck thing. Polian should be scouting him. He should also be scouting all of the other highly talented players at the collegiate football level. I think he should pay a visit to Boise Idaho(Kellen Moore), Michigan State(Kirk Cousins),Oklahoma (Landry Jones),and USC (Matt Barkley...who I care the least for. I have a thing about USC quarterbacks). That would be scouting IMO. I think there will be more of this to come and as always the media will have a field day with it. I go from website to website and read for myself, I never rely on the media to twist the angle and tell me the news. Also worth noting would be a wide receiver prospect in the top half of round 1. Micheal Floyd, Jeff Fuller, Justin Blackmon, or Alshon Jeffery? Floyd is my early favorite but the season just started and a lot can change between now and the draft. Through thick and thin, scouting and not scouting, I will always support the Colts. I also hope the season can go as good as possible! Go Colts!

Goood idea. I wish for a new coach too. Our team is to small on defense line. The pats look like super bowl team this year.

OK now it is the time...

Here we get an excuse for sucking: We are playing horrible football intentionally to get the next Peyton Manning! BTW we just signed Manning to 20M+ a yr, how can we make cap space for the 1st overall pick and let him sit on the bench for another 3-4 yrs? You want to tell him "there is a great team waiting for u after these yrs" after showing how bad we are without the one player he is replacing?

Indeed when was the last time Colts told people what they really wanted to do sth. serious? If the climate is not changing or Pollian has not got Alzheimer's, I think they are just trying to do sth. to distract the angry fans and let people not feel that bad for the worst season in 10+ yrs. People will forget how to blame him for the unpreparedness for Manning's abscence, if he makes the story sound compelling and hopeful.

I have always been supporting him but not until recently seeing them bring a 39 yrs old retired QB only 3 weeks before the season opening. Now is this crap. Maybe it is the time to make changes.

I havent seen a forum about this certain topic, however I know there are several out there about this Kid Andrew Luck and wishin he becomes a colts....Well this might be the music all you Luck fans our listening for. He could very well end up in Indy, depending on our position in the draft of course...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8222bf3a/article/polian-spent-saturday-watching-stanfords-luck-play-vs-duke?module=HP11_content_stream

ugh...I don't think we need to start grooming Peyton's replacement already if he's got 3-4 years left in him. However if Luck fell to us that would be one thing (even though I still think defense and OL should be the top priority) but I certainly don't want to see us move up (and likely give up other valuable draft picks) to get him. :no:

Yeah great Idea, Maybe If i knew what the title of the other post was It would have helped, Right?

Just trying to help. You type "Andrew Luck" into the search bar and it immediately brings up all relevant topics. The staff pinned a request for users to utilize this feature some time ago. We've had issues with multiple threads of the same topic.

No biggy but keep it in mind next time.

Yeah great Idea, Maybe If i knew what the title of the other post was It would have helped, Right?

You know, a lot of times it can be easily forgiven because a topic of discussion may have a misleading thread title. But I mean....c'mon. The thread title is "Polian Scouting Andrew Luck" and it's barely halfway down the first page. Don't exactly need high tech search functions that may or may not be difficult to use so much as just a semi-functional mouse or a down arrow key. :clap:

Just trying to help. You type "Andrew Luck" into the search bar and it immediately brings up all relevant topics. The staff pinned a request for users to utilize this feature some time ago. We've had issues with multiple threads of the same topic.

No biggy but keep it in mind next time.

Yeah I know, I tried that and all i see was stuff related to gary bracket and bob sanders making someone else sick..I didnt see this so I was thinking, Hey! alot of fans really like this kid so I will hopefully be the first to let them know Polian also has interest in him...but yeah then you mention someone else posted it...so its all good though as long as everyone see's it and I understand seeing the same post 2x can get really annoying