• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Peyton,

If I knew it would speed your recovery, I would be willing to:

Join a monkey baseball team

Or, take a bath in sardines and cream.

I would walk everywhere instead of taking my car,

Heck, I would even make this guy :brady: my avatar.

But, I know that won't help; so I am just here to say:

"Take care of yourself, Peyton, and for your speedy recovery I pray."

shecolt

P.S. Should you need anything, please give me a call at 1-800-LUV-PM18

careful now SHE-girl :D

On the Off chance that you read this Peyton

My wife and I want to wish you the speediest recovery not just for the football team but for yourself and your family as well

You probably won't remember this but on November 13th against the Jaguards we attended our first football game from Windsor Ontario and even though I thought it was a long shot I waited at the sidelines and you signed our unborn daughters "Colts first tee" jumper

it is now a centerpiece for the nursery room and I just wanted to say thank you again it meant so much to us that you would take the time to do that!

We are also naming our daughter Peyton and it's our hope you take that as an honour

God Speed!

Dear Peyton,

I am a new member to the Forum. I was eager to join because I am a loyal and devoted Colts fan from New Jersey, and I wanted to send my prayers to you for a full recovery and also to convey positive thoughts and good vibes for your upcoming evaluation.

There aren't too many Colts fans that I'm aware of here in NJ, but I have converted several family members (my mom is a huge fan too) along the way. I have been following you since 2004, when my husband was generous enough to finally switch from cable to Direc-TV, just to be able to purchase NFL Sunday Ticket...so I could watch you and the Colts play every week. You have given me many years of happiness and excitement leading the Colts to division titles, year in and year out...and I wanted to express my sincere appreciation and gratitude for "spoiling" all of us and making it look easy.

I will keep on praying that you are able to continue your phenomenal career with the Colts. You still have many more records to shatter and Super Bowl rings to attain. Your four MVPs are a true indication of just how much you are missed on this team...and also proves your steadiness, endurance, and dependability these past 14 years.

You are a true gentleman and a class act...you are and always will be, in my "biased" opinion, the smartest and the most tenacious and dedicated quarterback that ever graced a football field!!

We love you Peyton....God Speed!!

Sue from NJ

:)

Peyton I know your coming back next year man. You believe in God so you know everything is going to be fine no matter what. I hope you start pointing and yelling stuff out soon! And I hope the rest of the team can read this as well. Thank you Guys for a great season no matter how it's turning out. Lets get the the Superbowl three years in a row!

• 2 weeks later...

Peyton,

With the press and fans saying things I don't like to hear (your changing teams), I want to let you know we are thinking of you and praying for you. We want you to stay healthy. We know you and the Colts will come to the best decision. Thank you for all your outstanding contributions to football. You have given us your best. Thank you also for your contributions to the children of Indianapolis. Keep your tough outlook and attention to the best things: fans, family, developing your talent and others.

C.W.

Dear Peyton

If you are reading this I would like to apologize for our fellow colts fans that are in favor of letting you go. See you must forgive them for they are blinded by the media and obsessed with the flavor of the week, Andrew Luck. I feel that when they find out that u are indeed healthy and better then ever, they will be back on the 18 trian just as fast as your release. keep your head up champ your a pro, I can't wait to see u back in blue putting the rest of the NFL in check, like you've done for so many years, and will continue to do for years to come. Get well and hurry back, we need you.

Always,

A Peyton fan

Dear Peyton

If you are reading this I would like to apologize for our fellow colts fans that are in favor of letting you go. See you must forgive them for they are blinded by the media and obsessed with the flavor of the week, Andrew Luck. I feel that when they find out that u are indeed healthy and better then ever, they will be back on the 18 trian just as fast as your release. keep your head up champ your a pro, I can't wait to see u back in blue putting the rest of the NFL in check, like you've done for so many years, and will continue to do for years to come. Get well and hurry back, we need you.

Always,

A Peyton fan

/signed

Dear Peyton,

You need to do what's best for you and don't let anyone else tell you different. You owe Indy nothing, and should consider a team that is primed with a good defense so you can ride out your career with another couple of Superbowl wins. Everyone will understand. Thanks for the memories!

Posted · Hidden by Coltssouth, January 19, 2012 - Promotional Posting
Hidden by Coltssouth, January 19, 2012 - Promotional Posting

I hope that Peyton makes it back onto the field, but i'm not convinced this injury couldn't be career threatening. We talk about this topic on my blog site, www.bluechipblog.com Today's poll of the day: Will Peyton Manning ever play in the NFL again? Colts fans, I want to hear from you!

i think the colts are a great team honestly, have been consistently good for all those years with two head coaches and a great QB, better than his little brother. if only eli can be the field general peyton is man would that be nice. i think peyton comes back 100% its not like its his throwing arm its his neck he can recover from that and still be effective. honestly if it were me now bare with me on this i don't know how many luck lovers are on here lmao. i evaluate peyton in the offseason and trade down to like 3 or 4 get extra picks possibly a player who knows and draft trent richardson or will blackmon... omg will blackmon dallas clark piece garccion, reggie wayne under peyton manning who would stop that honestly ??? not the frigging pats, dolphins or jets lmao. but good luck guys you only had a bad season cause you were missing an important cog in your offense, and didn't have proper fail safes for his absence. i still think your a better team than what your record shows draft great keep peyton, he's a beast.

dear Peyton, get well soon.

also, how about you come play for us?

we have a great defense and running game. you won't nearly have to throw as much as you did at indy. the less you throw, the less you get hit.

our oline is improving and we will upgrade our WRs.

come on man, give us a chance, and we can win a few suberbowls together.

- the san francisco 49ers

Peyton,

While I have missed you on the field, I have appreciated your commericals and support you have given your team.

I would love to see you again, but not at the risk of your health.

You have nothing to prove!

I wonder if you are interested in coaching. You would make a terrrific coach.

The Colts have basically said they don't want you. Please retire a Colt and go and coach up a great quarterback. I know you can do it!

Best Wishes.

B

Hey Peyton,

I just got done watching the Colts history dvd from '06. It ended on a sad note with us losing to the Steelers, but was filled with great memories. The Monday Night Miracle, the touchdown record, the duo of you and Marvin, and personal commentary of yours on football. As I watched the dvd I could remember watching them on tv and remembering my reactions. From the Monday game against Tampa I remember when Doss intercepted the ball and on his return he fumbled for the Bucs to pick it up and score. I remember grabbing my forehead with both hands, clenching my eyes shut, saying "nooooo", and slamming my head with disgust into my couch. I, like many fans, gave up on the game midway through the fourth quarter and headed up to bed. I couldn't help, but finish watching the game in my room even though I believed the game was over. I am extremely glad my drive just to watch you play made me not want to miss the rest of the game, and if it wasn't for that I would have missed the greatest comeback ever. It's weird how one player can strike an emotion in you that can never be brought out again. I feel extremely privileged to have been being born into a family of Colts fans. I was only six years old when you were drafted, but I do not forget one moment of your career. You brought me so many memories, good or bad. Even the bad ones are unforgettable, and bring complete joy knowing what I witnessed to get there. Your career so far has been one of the finest in history. I find it a strange and an impossible thought that football fans of the future only get to hear stories of the great Peyton Manning, and I got to witness every minute of it.. I only have one regret, and that is I never got to watch you from the stands. I can only hope and pray you can play a couple more years so I can make that dream a possibility. You are the greatest childhood idol a person could have asked for. Thanks Peyton for what you did for me.

First off, it's sad that no one has commented on this for nearly two solid days...

Peyton, we hope you get completely healthy and are back in a Colts uniform for kickoff in 2012. But even if you decide to just hang it up, we hope you continue to rehab, have a great and speedy recovery, and get to spend profitable time with your wife and kids. Get better soon.

Peyton,

Although it irks me to see those who have benefited from watching your talent and dedication are now tossing you aside like yesterdays paper, there is nothing I can do about it. What I can do, is tell you just what I see. I see a man who is not only on track to return to football, but one who is poised to make an historic comeback. No player ...ever....has brought me more joy in the NFL. I have not the slightest doubt that you will not only return, but you will be a part of a SB win again. I hope it is for the Colts, but in acknowledgment of time frames, contracts, age, and events of the last 2 weeks, I find it a challenge to believe we are the only team for you.....as I know we were until this all happened.

Get ready to write your next chapter, and solidify your legend as the best to ever lace them up. Well wishes.

I have to think that as Colt fans we are extremely fortunate to have had what I consider to be the two most dynamic quarterbacks in history. I was so proud of Peyton for the kind of guy he was while introducing my sons to football (triplet style) , very similar to what Johnny Unitas meant to me when I was a youngster. Unfortunately I suffer from a very similar type spinal condition that makes life very difficult sometimesand it began with me in my mid thirties...in the last 18 years it has made my daily routine so constrained that I even had to give up being a poster on this forum . I am almost the same size and weight as Peyton so I might be able to give you all a glimpse of what Peyton's future might look like. Mornings began with stiffness, kinda like pinching and with an aspirin and coffee you can shake it off but slowly there is a gradual disconnection fromfull physical mobility and a type of balance problem occurs . I have thought that hanging upside down from a chin up bar could alleviate the weight burden on the vertebrae but I've never had access to that. It's tough to leave the fame behind but Peyton if you ever read these posts please take some advice from a fan that felt new pride in his old team just from seeing you giving your all like I do and face your future with grace. We'll start a non-contact league or something:) I used to be known as rather opinionated when I used to post here and I've changed from those days so I just need to gently put forward some wisdom if it will do some good for someone I admire greatly... Nwhitehorse Oh and thanks and keep up being the classiest fans in the league