Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Donald Brown

hurricane1122

I couldnt help but notice during the game that he was only on special teams and the camera showed him a few times sitting on the bench looking disinterested in the game. I was also surprised to see delone carter come in for addai every time. Did the colts really spend a first round pick on a special teams player? Hopefully this isnt an every week thing. I still think brown has potential to be a solid backup.

I have given up on him. I assume the Colts and I have seen the same things.

then why dont they cut him? I would much rather see a first round pick be cut (and become an official bust) then be on special teams and a bench warmer. it would make more sense (imo) if they played him with hope he has a good year and gain some later round draft pick trade value.

then why dont they cut him? I would much rather see a first round pick be cut (and become an official bust) then be on special teams and a bench warmer. it would make more sense (imo) if they played him with hope he has a good year and gain some later round draft pick trade value.

Because right now they feel he is better than Evans, I'm assuming. Certainly more experienced. If Addai goes down, they'd like to have more than Carter and Evans, especially without a RB on the practice squad. Can you imagine the complaining on here if Brown were cut and the next game Addai gets injured?

Also, establishing an "official bust" probably has no value to the Colts FO. I would agree with that. As far as playing him more to find his trade value, I'm sure he'll get plenty of carries, but that might take a back seat to developing the team we have right now.

I was hoping he would get cut. He has little value. On the street or on special teams.

Look, I really think he looks good with some space, we just can't give him that space. I am sure he would get snatched up immediately, and probably look good (with the Pats, of course ;)).

Hidden

I was hoping he would get cut. He has little value. On the street or on special teams.

Look, I really think he looks good with some space, we just can't give him that space. I am sure he would get snatched up immediately, and probably look good (with the Pats, of course ;)).

I have given up on him. I assume the Colts and I have seen the same things.

That is where I am at. The guy is a bust and I assume the Colts see that way as well. If they did not why would Carter get to spell JA.

When a rookie comes in and is all ready getting carries over you it does not speak highly of your play.

I think the only reason we kept him was as an insurance policy because JA has not been known be the most durable back out there and we will need to run it more often with Manning down. They probably feel Brown right now can carry the ball more then Evans.

I fully expect DB to be gone next year.

So do you want him cut, or so you want him playing? I don't see your point. If they play him and he plays well, then there would be no reason to trade him.

Doesn't is make more sense to be happy that a bargain draft pick (Carter) has done as well as he has. Now instead of having James or Hart as the reserve back, we have a guy who is far more talented and has already accomplished things on the field that no other #3 Colts running back in my memory has every been able to dream of accomplishing. It's called depth. Why are you complaining about it?

So do you want him cut, or so you want him playing? I don't see your point. If they play him and he plays well, then there would be no reason to trade him.

Doesn't is make more sense to be happy that a bargain draft pick (Carter) has done as well as he has. Now instead of having James or Hart as the reserve back, we have a guy who is far more talented and has already accomplished things on the field that no other #3 Colts running back in my memory has every been able to dream of accomplishing. It's called depth. Why are you complaining about it?

i want him to play running back which, as we all know, he was drafted in the first round to do. if he is gonna play special teams i would rather see him get cut. half the people on this forum could put on pads this coming sunday and play special teams. dont need a first rd pick for that.

half the people on this forum could put on pads this coming sunday and play special teams.

I hope you were joking about this comment.

Remember last year when we had NO depth and we needed RBs?

carter is a better "pounding" type RB which we need at this point. If the OL starts to open holes, brown can be effective.

The team must have its reasons, and just because he's a #1 isn't the whole story.

We can only hope we have given up on him... Looks like we're going to have trouble putting up yards as it is. We don't need brown loosing them for us. Maybe we'll try and trade him for a 5th or 6th round pick. That's where Polian gets the best players anyways...

Addai had a 5.0 yard per carry yesterday and then we got down so much they went away from the run. Frankly I think the line might able to run block so I hope we try to run the ball with Addai on Sunday. If we get a nice ground game going it'll back the blitz off.

Also I don't see a team in their right mind giving us anything for Brown. At this point they will just wait for us to release him.

That is where I am at. The guy is a bust and I assume the Colts see that way as well. If they did not why would Carter get to spell JA.

When a rookie comes in and is all ready getting carries over you it does not speak highly of your play.

I think the only reason we kept him was as an insurance policy because JA has not been known be the most durable back out there and we will need to run it more often with Manning down. They probably feel Brown right now can carry the ball more then Evans.

I fully expect DB to be gone next year.

I guess I missed something because I thought his play was better than others seem to think, what went wrong?

Addai had a 5.0 yard per carry yesterday and then we got down so much they went away from the run. Frankly I think the line might able to run block so I hope we try to run the ball with Addai on Sunday. If we get a nice ground game going it'll back the blitz off.

Also I don't see a team in their right mind giving us anything for Brown. At this point they will just wait for us to release him.

Maybe we can throw something in to make another team want him.... "donald brown, a bag of Cheetos, a mike pollak autograph, and a 'best of jeff linkenbach' video for a 6th round pick"

I could see Al Davis being interested....

I couldnt help but notice during the game that he was only on special teams and the camera showed him a few times sitting on the bench looking disinterested in the game. I was also surprised to see delone carter come in for addai every time. Did the colts really spend a first round pick on a special teams player? Hopefully this isnt an every week thing. I still think brown has potential to be a solid backup.

It would appear he was outplayed in preseason by a better RB who earned 2nd on the depth chart vs. the team "giving up" on Brown, who has had opportunity to show his ability. This is great because it's more than I expected from Carter, which means the team got better. This was a surprise to me, but I'm glad Carter supplanted Brown because he's able to get the job done regardless of 3rd & short or 1st & ten.

Maybe we can throw something in to make another team want him.... "donald brown, a bag of Cheetos, a mike pollak autograph, and a 'best of jeff linkenbach' video for a 6th round pick"

Now this makes me laugh! ITs hilarious. Really its funny stuff. Not trying to be smart I literally laughed out loud

rotfl

Chris Polian: We'll give you "donald brown, a bag of Cheetos, a mike pollak autograph, and a 'best of jeff linkenbach' video for a 6th round pick"

Davis: Really? What's the 40 time on that bag of Cheetos

Polian: Uh....4.25

Davis: Sounds good, we'll throw in McFadden to make the deal fair

This is what happens when you take a RB from UConn. Just sayin'. I knew the guy wasn't gonna do anything before they ever drafted him. And it was yet another wasted draft pick by the Colts. Why they took a RB in the 1st round is beyond me. Much like when they drafted Gonzo in the first round...and then a player like Lamar Woodley gets drafted in the 2nd. I also would've rather had Kenny Britt instead of Austin Collie. People also tend to forget that Collie is already getting up there in age--I believe he is 27.

rotfl

Chris Polian: We'll give you "donald brown, a bag of Cheetos, a mike pollak autograph, and a 'best of jeff linkenbach' video for a 6th round pick"

Davis: Really? What's the 40 time on that bag of Cheetos

Polian: Uh....4.25

Davis: Sounds good, we'll throw in McFadden to make the deal fair

That's the sad thing even Al Davis is smart enough to stay away from Donald Brown...