Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Manning's legacy is a done deal now - Greatest only in regular season

tonychen

I'm sorry, but this isn't a discussion anymore.

At least it shouldn't be.

Tom Brady passed Joe Montana today and now holds the record alone for most post season wins (17) and he has done it against serious defenses, 00's Steelers, Ravens, Jets, etc.

Peyton Manning, on the same weekend, set the record for most post season losses.

Brady has 40 touchdown passes and 20 interceptions compared to Peyton's 29 touchdowns and 21 interceptions (iirc).

This despite Tom being in the league three fewer years than Peyton, and having one less play off appearance.

Brady has 10 playoff appearances and five Superbowl appearances.

He is the most miraculous, flukey helmet catch away from a 19-0 championship season.

It's just off the chain.

Tom Brady and Peyton Manning were equals and rivals a long, long time ago.

Tom Brady has since sealed that deal and by no small margin.

A 17-6 post season record, with 5 AFC Championships, is in a league of its own.

Brady only gets compared to Montana now.

Brady vrs Peyton is 6 years dated and long, long settled.

The regular season doesn't mean anything. AFC South (expansion division in the 00's, utterly horrible) and this years AFC West are divisions Mark Sanchez could go to the post season in (not saying Peyton is Sanchez). Those stats don't matter, because, like with the Ravens looking at Denver's  "#2 defense", good teams don't care what you've done to bad teams, or the stats you've accomulated against them.

And even knowing all those stats there are still a vast number of people who still think that Peyton is better than Brady. What does that say?

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah because the AFC East is such an elite division right?

Say what you want about the AFC East, the Jets are always a top defense.

They were a top 5 defense this year, and this year they were also a butt fumble team.

And they were STILL a top 5 defense despite it.

The AFC East may not be the NFC North but it's not the Jaguars and the Titans and the 2000 Texans.

More over, your point is mute because the post-season success is there.

It isn't like Brady is pillaging the AFC East then going one and done a record 8 times like Peyton Manning

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, January 15, 2013 - political
Hidden by Nadine, January 15, 2013 - political
And even knowing all those stats there are still a vast number of people who still think that Peyton is better than Brady. What does that say?

Lot of people voted for Bush, and Obama, and Romney, too. Lot of people watch television shows like The Voice.

Tells me a lot of people don't know a whole lot.

That or Brady blows them out so often they exaggerate Peyton's performances out of sheer spite.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, January 15, 2013 - reply to removed post
Hidden by Nadine, January 15, 2013 - reply to removed post
Lot of people voted for Bush, and Obama, and Romney, too. Lot of people watch television shows like The Voice.

Tells me a lot of people don't know a whole lot.

That or Brady blows them out so often they exaggerate Peyton's performances out of sheer spite.

So what you're saying is that everybody who thinks Peyton is better is stupid? God forbid somebody have a different opinion right.

Manning did all things on his own, which is more impressive than Brady's executing the plans only. I have always been one think Manning is better for 10 yrs. but once again Brady advanced while manning broke the fans heart as he did many times.

Manning did all things on his own, which is more impressive than Brady's executing the plans only. I have always been one think Manning is better for 10 yrs. but once again Brady advanced while manning broke the fans heart as he did many times.

Please stop, Peyton didn't allow a 70 yard TD with 30 seconds left in the game. He put them in position to win and the defense blew it.

Tom Brady passed Joe Montana today and now holds the record alone for most post season wins (17) and he has done it against serious defenses, 00's Steelers, Ravens, Jets, etc.

Peyton Manning, on the same weekend, set the record for most post season losses.

Brady has 40 touchdown passes and 20 interceptions compared to Peyton's 29 touchdowns and 21 interceptions (iirc).

This despite Tom being in the league three fewer years than Peyton, and having one less play off appearance.

He is the most miraculous, flukey helmet catch away from a 19-0 championship season.

It's just off the chain.

The regular season doesn't mean anything. AFC South (expansion division in the 00's, utterly horrible) and this years AFC West are divisions Mark Sanchez could go to the post season in (not saying Peyton is Sanchez). Those stats don't matter, because, like with the Ravens looking at Denver's "#2 defense", good teams don't care what you've done to bad teams, or the stats you've accomulated against them.

This whole flippin post is beyond ludicrous.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, January 15, 2013 - duplicate
Hidden by Nadine, January 15, 2013 - duplicate

It's just off the chain.

The regular season doesn't mean anything. AFC South (expansion division in the 00's, utterly horrible) and this years AFC West are divisions Mark Sanchez could go to the post season in (not saying Peyton is Sanchez). Those stats don't matter, because, like with the Ravens looking at Denver's "#2 defense", good teams don't care what you've done to bad teams, or the stats you've accomulated against them.

This whole flippin post is beyond ludicrous.

Please stop, Peyton didn't allow a 70 yard TD with 30 seconds left in the game. He put them in position to win and the defense blew it.

Answer me, why every time his defense or special team blew it? Pats defense blew it twice but at least they went to Super Bowl. Why manning went 1-and-done way too often?

Answer me, why every time his defense or special team blew it? Pats defense blew it twice but at least they went to Super Bowl. Why manning went 1-and-done way too often?

Pull your head out. Manning didnt go 1 and done, HIS TEAM went 1 and done. He cant control the coaches nor defense like i cant control the weather.

Answer me, why every time his defense or special team blew it?

Probably because they blew it. Are you really saying the reason they lost is because Peyton threw a pick in an OT that shouldn't have happened instead of the fact they gave up a 70 yard TD WITH 30 Seconds left in the game.

Pats defense blew it twice but at least they went to Super Bowl. 

If you are talking about the Super Bowls, it's because the defense didn't blow it. Brady and the offense combined for 31 points in 2 super bowls. 4 points less than the Broncos put up Saturday.

Pull your head out. Manning didnt go 1 and done, HIS TEAM went 1 and done. He cant control the coaches nor defense like i cant control the weather.

It was his colts team and coach before. Now it is his Denver team and coach. Flacco got three long TDs in the same weather without a single turnover, and he was not having two weeks to prepare.

It was his colts team and coach before. Now it is his Denver team and coach. Flacco got three long TDs in the same weather without a single turnover, and he was not having two weeks to prepare.

Here let me say it again and just maybe it will sink in.. THE DEFENSE ALLOWED THE RAVENS TO SCORE 38 POINTS! They played like absolute garbage. Tell me where I am wrong in that. HUH?

Moore, Champ, Doom, Miller all played like crap. That defense couldnt stop a nose from running. When you put pressure on your offense like that, it causes pressing. Yes? Yes. The offense was trying to make a play because the defense obviously could not.

Probably because they blew it. Are you really saying the reason they lost is because Peyton threw a pick in an OT that shouldn't have happened instead of the fact they gave up a 70 yard TD WITH 30 Seconds left in the game.

If you are talking about the Super Bowls, it's because the defense didn't blow it. Brady and the offense combined for 31 points in 2 super bowls. 4 points less than the Broncos put up Saturday.

If you think pats defense didn't blow it by letting Eli escape and dropping a sure int, I just have nothing to say. These were just very similar situations, if you blame Manning's defense you should also blame pats d. Or you have to blame both QBs for not getting a bigger lead.

If you think pats defense didn't blow it by letting Eli escape and dropping a sure int, I just have nothing to say. These were just very similar situations, if you blame Manning's defense you should also blame pats d. Or you have to blame both QBs for not getting a bigger lead.

Dude, the Broncos scored 35 points, the Pats didn't even match that score in two Super Bowls. It's not even close to the same thing.

Here let me say it again and just maybe it will sink in.. THE DEFENSE ALLOWED THE RAVENS TO SCORE 38 POINTS! They played like absolute garbage. Tell me where I am wrong in that. HUH?

Moore, Champ, Doom, Miller all played like crap. That defense couldnt stop a nose from running. When you put pressure on your offense like that, it causes pressing. Yes? Yes. The offense was trying to make a play because the defense obviously could not.

But those 2 return TDs were not easy to see either. It happened manning got the same number of TDs as flacco, but his 3 turnovers resulted in 17 pts in those 38, and his missing Thomas wide open resulted in not having the score on their side going into the half break but instead giving ravens chance to score and they did. Also if manning is that good it's not like he was not given 3 drives to kill the ravens in ot with FGs. People always say elite QBs live for this kind of moment.

Dude, the Broncos scored 35 points, the Pats didn't even match that score in two Super Bowls. It's not even close to the same thing.

In those 35 Manning scored 21. Holliday got 14. Ravens offense scored 31 pts, in which at least 10 were given by manning.

But those 2 return TDs were not easy to see either. It happened manning got the same number of TDs as flacco, but his 3 turnovers resulted in 17 pts in those 38, and his missing Thomas wide open resulted in not having the score on their side going into the half break but instead giving ravens chance to score and they did. Also if manning is that good it's not like he was not given 3 drives to kill the ravens in ot with FGs. People always say elite QBs live for this kind of moment.

For the sake of argument: forget everything you know about each game okay? Don't even think about what transpired in the games just focus on what I ask.

If I told you a team lost 38-35 who would you say let them down? The offense of the defense?

If I told you a team lost 17-14 who would you say let them down? The offense or the defense?

For the sake of argument: forget everything you know about each game okay? Don't even think about what transpired in the games just focus on what I ask.

If I told you a team lost 38-35 who would you say let them down? The offense of the defense?

If I told you a team lost 17-14 who would you say let them down? The offense or the defense?

How about not to talk about the total score but instead talk about who delivers when it matters and when the chance is given?

I've never liked topics like these. Newsflash, one person doesn't win a Superbowl. Quarterbacks should not be judged based on SB titles, it's a team sport. Last time I checked neither Brady or Peyton played defense or special teams. If you're comparing two players you can look at statistics, but saying one person is better because their team did better is not a legitimate argument. Of course I'm slightly biased because I hate Brady, but still...

who delivers when it matters and when the chance is given?

The Broncos defense didn't and that's why they lost the game. This is the big hypocrisy if the DB blocks or intercepts the pass then right now we're sitting here talking about a much anticipated Brady-Manning match-up. We're talking about how clutch Peyton was to put the Broncos up with 3 minutes left. But no, the Denver defense gives up a 70 yard bomb and Peyton is the one who choked...

The Broncos defense didn't and that's why they lost the game. This is the big hypocrisy if the DB blocks or intercepts the pass then right now we're sitting here talking about a much anticipated Brady-Manning match-up. We're talking about how clutch Peyton was to put the Broncos up with 3 minutes left. But no, the Denver defense gives up a 70 yard bomb and Peyton is the one who choked...

That game was definitely on the defense, Champ Bailey's pride got in the way. He should have been on Anquan, with a safety helping on Smith. The game never should have went to OT, the secondary dropped the ball (missed the ball) big time

Did that last min td end the game? What was the play that actually ended tha game?

Say what you want about the AFC East, the Jets are always a top defense.

They were a top 5 defense this year, and this year they were also a butt fumble team.

And they were STILL a top 5 defense despite it.

The AFC East may not be the NFC North but it's not the Jaguars and the Titans and the 2000 Texans.

More over, your point is mute because the post-season success is there.

It isn't like Brady is pillaging the AFC East then going one and done a record 8 times like Peyton Manning

AFC South, until 2 years ago was basically a roll over. I'd take the AFC East over them as being a competitive bunch. And you are right, the Jets may have been a mess but their defense normally is pretty good.

I actually agree with Tonychen.

Manning had the game in his hands. All Manning had to do was drive his team in field goal position. But he did the worse thing he could have done. He turned the ball over.

He even could have gone three and out and it would have been better.

There really is no argument for Manning being better than Brady now.

AFC South, until 2 years ago was basically a roll over. I'd take the AFC East over them as being a competitive bunch. And you are right, the Jets may have been a mess but their defense normally is pretty good.

The division argument isn't pertinent. Once the Pats win their execrable division they go on and dominate in the playoffs.

Mannings playoff teams are a farce.

Brady and Belichick are just shooting ideas off of each other.  Belichick and Peyton are both known for their incredibly high football IQ, so I think the two of them would be able to work very well together.

love that kind of stuff....that's typically what the first work day of the week is like for those guys - coaches and QB putting the foundation of the plan together (getting QB's input on what he's comfortable running, what he thinks his teammates are good at, etc) before it gets rolled out to the rest of the team. The QBs have a lot more input in the game plan than a lot of people probably realize, and that's even more true with guys like Brady and Manning.

The division argument isn't pertinent. Once the Pats win their execrable division they go on and dominate in the playoffs.

Mannings playoff teams are a farce.

You're right, I started to think and the 49ers all those years won their division, it wasn't that tough until the late 80's when the Rams and Saints had teams that actually challenged them. I guess you could say the Niners had it gift wrapped for division titles up till Jim Mora and Jim Everett were challenging them, and even with that it didn't stop them. I don't remember Atlanta ever giving them any trouble winning the division back then. Even with the easy divisional wins, they would dominate in the playoffs.

Not really accurate. 7 of those points came off a Manning pick 6 and then the xp. Plus, they got 14 points from special teams and they were only behind for about 5 minutes in the entire game. In the 3rd qtr, they were up 7 and Manning had 2 possessions to build on the lead and ended up punting and then fumbling the ball on the next possession. How exactly was the offense under extreme pressure playing with a lead in the 3rd qtr? Manning's turnovers led to 17 pf those points scored. I see a lot of excuse making quite frankly.

Not really accurate. 7 of those points came off a Manning pick 6 and then the xp. Plus, they got 14 points from special teams and they were only behind for about 5 minutes in the entire game. In the 3rd qtr, they were up 7 and Manning had 2 possessions to build on the lead and ended up punting and then fumbling the ball on the next possession. How exactly was the offense under extreme pressure playing with a lead in the 3rd qtr? Manning's turnovers led to 17 pf those points scored. I see a lot of excuse making quite frankly.

The broncos scored 35 points. Should have easily been enough to win. the ravens had 1:13 and no timeouts. If the broncos secondary didn't give up a gift touchdown at the end of regulation we are having a much different conversation today. To put all the blame on Peyton is absurd

The broncos scored 35 points. Should have easily been enough to win. the ravens had 1:13 and no timeouts. If the broncos secondary didn't give up a gift touchdown at the end of regulation we are having a much different conversation today. To put all the blame on Peyton is absurd

For all the talk about Brady's playoff success, he is now the one to choke in big moments.

2007- Leading an NFL RECORD SETTING OFFENSE ALL REGULAR SEASON, Tom Brady and the pats were undefeated in the Super Bowl against a #5 seed. Brady and co. Could only muster up two touchdowns with one coming late in the game.

2009- got blown out at home against a underdog ravens team.

2010- go one and done against a jets team they blew out 45-3 in the regular season in the same building.

2011- find a way to lose to Eli again in the Super Bowl after being favored again.

So for all the talk of manning being a playoff failure, Brady sure has plenty of failures as well. There's a reason why the patriots haven't won a Super Bowl since spygate.