Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

CB Greg Toler

Mike Chappell recently called this guy the "complete package".

He is a FA out of Arizona, 28yrs. old, 6'0'' 192lbs.

Has 15 starts (38 games total) 118 tackles, 5ints and 2ffs...

Is the 5th highest rated FA CB on PFF. Much higher than Keenan Lewis and much, much higher than Grimes, Porter, Cary Williams, DRC, or Mike Jenkins, to name a few....

Might be a cost effective FA to target this offseason and I will bet he will come at a bargain compared to some other guys I/we have floated out there on the forum...

Thoughts??

I don't think there is already a thread dedicated to this guy....

thanks for the find... he looks like he is right up our/ Grics alley... No Big Name ... No big Money... I say grab him... OBTW... his 2012 salary $ 1,260,000.00 ...4 years in league from Saint Pauls College..

I too would love to get Rhoades... 1st choice would be Banks... confident Banks won't be there... I also question if it would not be better for us to get Jessie Williams NT/DT from Bama... or strong pass rusher in our first pick... given that Grigs has helped the OLine in FA.. I would like us to try and get Spencer from Dallas in the FA...

I think if we get our Pass Rush increased .. ie NT pushing the Oline and getting more pressure on the Oppossing QB..ie... OLB we will see that our 2ndry will drastically be seen better than they are now ...

But if we want a make over we should go ahead and draft Xavier Rhodes and make him the nickel........a sweeter deal for all

No way Rhodes falls to us at 24, to many teams with need at CB that will reach for him. I'd be surprised if he makes it past 15 with the Saints taking him.

I also question if it would not be better for us to get Jessie Williams NT/DT from Bama... or strong pass rusher in our first pick... given that Grigs has helped the OLine in FA..

There are a lot of very good D-Lineman in this draft.. somebody will surely fall to us, but I guess it does all depend on how FA works out...

Mike Chappell recently called this guy the "complete package".

He is a FA out of Arizona, 28yrs. old, 6'0'' 192lbs.

Has 15 starts (38 games total) 118 tackles, 5ints and 2ffs...

Is the 5th highest rated FA CB on PFF. Much higher than Keenan Lewis and much, much higher than Grimes, Porter, Cary Williams, DRC, or Mike Jenkins, to name a few....

Might be a cost effective FA to target this offseason and I will bet he will come at a bargain compared to some other guys I/we have floated out there on the forum...

Thoughts??

I don't think there is already a thread dedicated to this guy....

I think the stats you list for Toler are career stats,  not seasonal.    Just want to be clear.

Also,  this year, for whatever reason,  all Toler played was 308 snaps.   For comparison, our own corner, Donnie Butler,  played 380 snaps.    That's it.

So,  Toler received a very high grade from the people at Pro Football Focus.   My one concern is that it doesn't look like he's got much of a track record as a starter.    i'll trust Grigson on this call.   They liked Davis and Butler so they've got a good eye for talent there....

If Grigs likes Toler...   then, that's good enough for me...

Two other cornerbacks to add to the possible mix for the Colt's draft....

-- Stanford's Terrence Brown   6'1" 180...  for now, I'm guessing a likely 3rd round pick.

-- USC's Nickel Robey              5'8"  165...  I'm guessing 4th/5th round.   He was told by the NFL he's not viewed as a pick in the top-3 rounds, and still came out a year early.

Kind of wish we were able to snag Jenoris Jenkins..in last years draft.

Remember....   no one questioned Jenkins' on the field performance.    It was his behavior OFF the field.   That's where his world blows up.     So, he's now into his first off-season living a life with no regiment and no one telling him what to do, except his three baby momma's...   and he's got money to burn....    lets see how Jenkins does...

This was the fear of all 32 teams,  not just the Colts.