Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

My Two Cents.

GoColts8818

Mods if you feel like this thread needs to be merged go a head and do that, sorry there is just so much stuff out here tonight I don't know where to put this.

Next thing I am not going to take a shot at anyone in this post so please understand that going in, if you feel like I am talking about you then that's on you.

I want to say first what a disapointment. We lose that game even if Manning was there. We did more things wrong than I can count and it seemed like even when we did something right (Brackett's tipped ball on the TD pass) things went right for the Texans. That effort today was just not good. I put that on the players, they spent a lot of time this week talking about how uspet they were. Well all they did tonight was prove the national pundits right. You want to shut them up you have to play like that. Several times today the right calls were made by the coaches and the players did not make the plays, a couple of rushing TDs come to mind where the Colts hit the back in the backfield and didn't bring him down. That means the right play was called our guys just didn't make the play. It is not all the players fault either though. There were several areaes where the coaching failed. Whoever had the bright idea to have Dallas Clark blocking Mario Williams made a horriable call. Why we just refuse to adjust to a play that is killing us like the little slant pass is beyond me. I don't know if it was coaching or players but the Texans were getting huge runs by running right at Freeney and Mathis and they would run themselves right out of the play. We spent this money to get Anderson and Brayton put them in there to stop the run. We finally put them in the game when the game was out of reach. Don't even get me started on our special teams, why even put them on the field? You might as well have them just block on the snap and have McAfee try to tackle the guy because that's all that happens anyways. There is alot of blame to go around and frankly EVERYONE who work for the Colts franchise had a hand in the loss today, the defense was bad, the offense wasn't much better, the special teams made the defense look good, an the coaching was poor. So you can honestly blame everyone.

Next the game did have some poistives and fans of teams are going to find those to build on. Remember a fan cheers for their team and while they will admit there are fualts (and there are several) they find the things that went well as well. Bullitt played well today and frankly made me comfortable with not having Sanders. Castonzo was about the only lineman who didn't get beat at some point today, worth noting Diem played pretty well as well. We were able to run the ball some. Addai had close to a five yards per carry average. Reggie was well Reggie. We forced some turnovers on D. Collins when he had more than two seconds to throw the ball looked decent. Yes he missed some throws but like the annouers said you just aren't going to have timing with only 17 days to work with. Also frankly I thought the offense looked better in the no huddle at the end of the game, that could have also been product of the Texans laying off some. We also picked up a third one when running the ball for the first time in I don't know how long. Brackett also played well and I really hope he's not hurt too bad. Frankly when they didn't have o-lineman getting out and blocking on them all three linebackers played pretty well today.

What must improve, the line MUST play better. I said before the line was going to be the key to the offense and they sure looked like it today. When they were blocking we were able to move the ball down the field on the Texans defense. The pentalies have to stop. I know you are never going to have a flag free game but we had at least three really good drives today stopped by a big flag at the wrong time. We don't have Peyton Manning who can pick up a third and 20. I say bring back the no huddle offense. I really looked to be messing with the other 10 guys on offense and I think took them out of rythem and I think Collins looked better in it towards the end of the game. Also run the ball more, Addai had a 5.0 yard per carry today, it does look lke the line has improved on run blocking, give him the rock more often. On defense wow, just wow. It starts up front. Challenge those guys pride, fine them game checks, I don't care what it takes but get the message to them they can NOT get blown off the ball like they were. Also, note to the coaches when the Texans are running it down your throat that is the time to play Johnson, Nevis and Moala and not Foster. I thnk Foster is a really nice pass rushing DT but he should not be on the field on 1st or 2nd down unless it's near the end of a game. Also, note to Freeney and Mathis, you can't rush the passer on EVERY play. The Texans got several big runs by running right where they were supposed to be. We have to adjust the defense I know the cover-2 is our base defense but clearly teams have figured out how to exploit that back the corners off every play and teams aren't going to stop attacking it till we change some. Frankly I would like to see us get burned deep at this point because that mean we are being aggresive. Special teams, just no, find 9 new guys for next week (McAfee and snow can stay) and if it's starters so be it.

Now this is the part that isn't going to go well. Some of the things being posted here disgust me. I think some people need answer the following question are they a fan or are they just here to complain? Again there is a lot to be upset about today and is more than fine to voice that displeasure but fans stick by their team when the going gets hard and does more than just complain. I know today was disapointing but it's ONE game. We got beat up pretty bad in the Texans game last year and came back and had a nice season. Let's just see how things go and if we have a bad season we have a bad season. It would be first one in 10 years. To say we are due is an understatement. Also just like the last time we had a bad season I am sure there will be changes made if we have one. That's getting a head of ourselves right now though. We just need to take it one week at a time and get out there and support our team. They need us more than ever right now. We know how this defense feeds off the crowd so I challenge everyone here who has tickets to the game next week to bring it just like the Texans fans brought it today. That's the only thing we can really do because you know what the Polians and Caldwell aren't going to start looking to the forums for advice on how to run the team and for coaching advice. Also, it's worth remembering none of us here are responsable for what happened today so I would also suggest that we stay respectful to each other right now. EVERYONE is upset about today and we were already on edge because what is happening with Manning. Going at each other to say "Look I am right" or "I know so much more about football than everyone else here" isn't going to help. Nor is complaining about how much we suck. Yes I would agree today the Colts would have done well to tie their own shoes without doing something wrong but remember again it was one game. That doesn't mean I am saying you can't talk about what's wrong with our team. You can do it without being a wet blanket or being a jerk though (again I am not talking about anyone in general here) and also remember just because some chooses to see something that we well does not make htem a homer or has rose colored glasses on it just means they have a different view than you and that maybe they are seeing something beyond the negative and yes even on a day like today there were some good things to take away.

I'll close on this. Again, remember it's a game. Today was a picture perfect reminder of that. If the Colts struggling is the worst thing going on in your life tell God thank you tonight. No one likes to see their team lose but none of us get a pay check from the Colts and I doubt our livly hood depends on the Colts success. So remember it's a game and it's ment for enjoyment and as frustrating as a day like today was try not to let it carry over, just let it go. I understand wanting to vent frustrations and there is nothing wrong with that just try to remember it's not life and death like some people make it seem like.

Again this was not directed at anyone. I am not out to challenge anyone's fanhood or tell anyone how to be a fan. So if you take it like that please know that is not my intent. It's just my two cents on a day like today and it's probably not even worth that.

That's more like 250 dollars, instead of 2 cents.

Even though you could be right, I really think we would have won if Manning were there. The line is bad, but Manning would have thrown the ball quicker; he has a faster release than Collins. I like the way we played in the 2nd half, hopefully it carries over agains the gritty Browns.

Nice post!

Even though you could be right, I really think we would have won if Manning were there. The line is bad, but Manning would have thrown the ball quicker; he has a faster release than Collins. I like the way we played in the 2nd half, hopefully it carries over agains the gritty Browns.

Nice post!

Collins was getting hit on a couple of those plays almost as soon as they snapped the ball. His release is fast but not that fast. I think Manning would have helped no question but I still think we lose like 34-24 like we did last year.

Collins was getting hit on a couple of those plays almost as soon as they snapped the ball. His release is fast but not that fast. I think Manning would have helped no question but I still think we lose like 34-24 like we did last year.

maybe they have more confidence under PM, especially Jeff. :dunno:

Nice post!

I agree, if you ask me the team played pretty much exactly like they always do. 14 points the D allowed was because of Kerry Collins fumbles. The terrible inefficiency led to the D getting fatigued from spending 20 of 30 minutes on the field.

Subtract the 14 points that are pretty much on Kerry Collins and the D/ST allowed 20 points. Is that really any different than normal? And do you really think a healthy peyton couldnt put up 24-35 points?

If you wanna take this even further, I would be willing to bet that with Manning the punt return TD doesnt happen either, in fact that was during a 2 minute drill and chances are we get a field goal out of that at least. In any case, I highly doubt manning wouldve went three and out leading to the punt and then the return.

The D forced 3 turnovers, including one on the first drive. Im more than willing to bet we come away with at least 14 points out of that instead of 7.

I really dont think the D played that bad. Neither did the Oline, it was pretty standard colts performance. Except usually peyton manning orchestrates every little bit of the game and keeps our offense on the field long enough to give the D a rest and help them out. When your O goes 3 and out everytime and gives the other team great field position its almost impossible to play D, no matter how good your defense actually is (see steelers game).

I cant believe how badly people are underrating peyton right now. its unbelievable.

Yes, but Manning sees those pressures coming, and was likely scouting Texans film for the past 5 or 6 months; including their new 3-4 during the pre-season. No one makes aggressive defenses pay like Peyton Manning. How long was Collins thinking about the Texans while also working with this offense? A few weeks?

We definitely would have had longer time of possession with Manning in there, and we wouldn't have gone 1/9 on 3rd down.

Would the Colts have won if Peyton had played? The truth is . . . we don't know.

Would Peyton have played better than Kerry? Of course. Peyton has been with the Colts for how many years???

Kerry has been with the Colts for how many weeks???

That really disapointed me about the coaches early. Collins has been here 17 days and they were still trying to run the offense like it was Manning back there rather than adjusting it some to what Collins does well and frankly not commiting to the ground enough early.

It could have been a very different game with Manning he probably puts that first drive after the INT in the endzone for six but frankly the lines woos for the most part would have been the same regardless of if Manning was in there. Manning being there isn't going to help Dallas Clark block Mario Williams. There was a play or two where Manning would have probalby dumped the ball before Collins got sacked but it's just a play or two, the others even Manning would have been sacked.

I agree, if you ask me the team played pretty much exactly like they always do. 14 points the D allowed was because of Kerry Collins fumbles. The terrible inefficiency led to the D getting fatigued from spending 20 of 30 minutes on the field.

Subtract the 14 points that are pretty much on Kerry Collins and the D/ST allowed 20 points. Is that really any different than normal? And do you really think a healthy peyton couldnt put up 24-35 points?

If you wanna take this even further, I would be willing to bet that with Manning the punt return TD doesnt happen either, in fact that was during a 2 minute drill and chances are we get a field goal out of that at least. In any case, I highly doubt manning wouldve went three and out leading to the punt and then the return.

The D forced 3 turnovers, including one on the first drive. Im more than willing to bet we come away with at least 14 points out of that instead of 7.

I really dont think the D played that bad. Neither did the Oline, it was pretty standard colts performance. Except usually peyton manning orchestrates every little bit of the game and keeps our offense on the field long enough to give the D a rest and help them out. When your O goes 3 and out everytime and gives the other team great field position its almost impossible to play D, no matter how good your defense actually is (see steelers game).

I cant believe how badly people are underrating peyton right now. its unbelievable.

So you're saying that this is typical Colts defense and special teams so they get a pass? This totally unacceptable! Every year they say that they're gonna address the same issues and every year they do the same thing and expect Peyton to bail us out. It finally caught up with them this year. The defense isn't gonna get much better and the offense isn't going to put up 21+ points per game.

no it wouldnt help dallas block mario. but peyton probably would have recognized the mismatch and gotten rid of the ball quicker. or stepped up in the pocket (there was room), or maybe even audibled out of the play like he does so much. The line played no worse than they ever do and actuallly run blocked better than normal.

So you're saying that this is typical Colts defense and special teams so they get a pass? This totally unacceptable! Every year they say that they're gonna address the same issues and every year they do the same thing and expect Peyton to bail us out. It finally caught up with them this year. The defense isn't gonna get much better and the offense isn't going to put up 21+ points per game.

no, what im saying is the way we played today is no different than normal. and normally we win these games. So yes, I think with a healthy Peyton we would have won. thats what im saying.

Well said GoColts8818.

Here's my take, as well, not directed at anyone in particular;

Peyton Manning isn't our quarterback.

Shut up about the irrelevant absence of a guy that was 2,000 miles away. Shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up about Manning. Y'all sound pathetic. Might as well ponder what difference Unitas woulda made, cuz his corpse had as much impact on todays game as Manning's broke neck did.

Invoking his name is an excuse. Excuses are like buttholes, we all have 'em and they all stink.

no it wouldnt help dallas block mario. but peyton probably would have recognized the mismatch and gotten rid of the ball quicker. or stepped up in the pocket (there was room), or maybe even audibled out of the play like he does so much. The line played no worse than they ever do and actuallly run blocked better than normal.

Or maybe the line just needs to play better, there play was not good. I am not going to blame Collins for their poor play. Manning isn't walking threw that door for at least two months and even when he is we can't let him get hit like Collins did today or he's be hurt again really fast. The line play must improve and the other areas of the game must improve. Other than the INT on the first series the defense wasn't even a speed bump in the first half. That can't happen. We can live with how they played in the second half but the first half was just awful and I don't care if it's Manning playing with the probowl line, Jerry Rice, Marvin Harrison, and Chris Carter they aren't going to win many games with that kinda defensive effort.

this is a forum for fans to discuss team related matters. People are gonna talk about our franchise QB, and one of the greatest QB's of all time. If you dont like it ignore it or go elsewhere. Obviously people are gonna wonder about how things could be different with peyton.

:facepalm:

this is a forum for fans to discuss team related matters. People are gonna talk about our franchise QB, and one of the greatest QB's of all time. If you dont like it ignore it or go elsewhere. Obviously people are gonna wonder about how things could be different with peyton.

Why don't you not tell people to go elsewhere just because you don't like what they said? That's uncalled for and is exactly what I was getting at in my first post.

That really disapointed me about the coaches early. Collins has been here 17 days and they were still trying to run the offense like it was Manning back there rather than adjusting it some to what Collins does well and frankly not commiting to the ground enough early.

It could have been a very different game with Manning he probably puts that first drive after the INT in the endzone for six but frankly the lines woos for the most part would have been the same regardless of if Manning was in there. Manning being there isn't going to help Dallas Clark block Mario Williams. There was a play or two where Manning would have probalby dumped the ball before Collins got sacked but it's just a play or two, the others even Manning would have been sacked.

Manning would have made different blocking adjustments. Collins probably just left it up to Saturday. Manning would have adjusted routes, altered the cadence, screwed with the play clock, etc., to keep Mario Williams guessing. And again, he would have picked up more than 1 3rd down.

So bringing in 5 Free Agent D-Linemen, drafting a monster in Nevis, bringing in extra LB and Safety talent, etc., all in an effort to improve the defense, are failures to address said defense? What else could they have done?

This isn't Madden where everyone just has a rating number next to them so it's easy to tell who works better. Schemes, health, contracts, play style, etc., all affect how a player will work out in a new system. If the fixes were easy, every team would be perfect.

Who am I kidding? You know better than the professionals, right?

Are the Steelers bad defensively? I mean, they gave up 35 to the Ravens. THE RAVENS. The same Ravens who are known for offensive mediocrity.

What about the Chiefs? Stifling defense last year; let Fitz and the Bills put up 41 in their own house!

Cleveland let the Bengals score 27.

Rex Grossman torched the Giants. Enough said.

So all of those teams failed to address defense in the off-season apparently, right? They need new philosophies! New coaches! They ignored what has to be done, because it's so easy to figure out! A 330 lb. All Pro NT who somehow fits a fast-flow 4-3 is just waiting to be had for vet minimum! Or better yet: we can switch to a 3-4 mid-season because it's easy to do in Madde-...I mean, er, real life!

Blah.

Blah.

Blah.

Well said GoColts8818.

Here's my take, as well, not directed at anyone in particular;

Peyton Manning isn't our quarterback.

Shut up about the irrelevant absence of a guy that was 2,000 miles away. Shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up about Manning. Y'all sound pathetic. Might as well ponder what difference Unitas woulda made, cuz his corpse had as much impact on todays game as Manning's broke neck did.

Invoking his name is an excuse. Excuses are like buttholes, we all have 'em and they all stink.

I like you Ruksak but this isn't going to help either.

Kerry Collins basically gave them 14 points! THATS HIS FAULT. Our oline hasnt been good for a long, long time. Peyton doesnt get hit, cuz unlike collins he actually has pocket presence, gets rid of the ball quickly, and is more aware than any QB in the NFL. there is a reason he is always the least sacked QB in the NFL and it has little to nothing to do with the line.

Why don't you not tell people to go elsewhere just because you don't like what they said? That's uncalled for and is exactly what I was getting at in my first post.

I just said that if you dont like, you cant tell people not to talk about it. People are going to talk about it. And thats why I said you are going to have to ignore it or go elsewhere if it bothers you that much. what other advice should i give him?

Manning would have made different blocking adjustments. Collins probably just left it up to Saturday. Manning would have adjusted routes, altered the cadence, screwed with the play clock, etc., to keep Mario Williams guessing. And again, he would have picked up more than 1 3rd down.

Manning?

Who?

I didn't see any Manning out there today?

Oh...you mean Danielle Manning, the Houston return guy? I don't get it?

Collins isn't Peyton Manning and Peyton Manning isn't going to be back for two months at least. We need to figure out how we are going to win during that time. Frankly I am not sure there is another QB who can do what Manning does in an offense so I think it's a little unfair to get upset with Collins for not being able too. The line was awful they HAVE to improve. Even if Manning does come back we can't let him get hit like Collins was getting hit and there were several times that Collins did dump the ball and got nailed in the process. Blaming Collins for not being Manning for the lines issue is not the answer. The answer is improving the line play.

for some reason they cant seem to comprehend that peyton does more work before the snap than after, and thats what makes him great and keeps him from getting hit. Its what makes our line look much better than it is. Kerry doesnt do that. thats nothing against kerry, hes not peyton. for some reason they seem to be under the illusion that everything peyton does in the 38 seconds before the play is nothing. Hes fixing all/most of the protection/route problems so that what happens today doesnt happen!

I just said that if you dont like, you cant tell people not to talk about it. People are going to talk about it. And thats why I said you are going to have to ignore it or go elsewhere if it bothers you that much. what other advice should i give him?

Exactly, who are any of us to tell someone else to go post some place else? How about just ignoring it like you told him to do?

I like you Ruksak but this isn't going to help either.

Had to get that off my chest. How long are we going to do this? If, god forbid, Manning has to retire, are we going to do this for the next 30 years?

Just a little frustrated by the constant remarks "If Manning was in there..."

Also, I wasn't making my post in anger, I was being cute.

Thought y'all might need a laugh after this long day.

Lets all relax, chill and move on to more pertinent matters. Like, for example, discussing players that are actually playing for the Colts.

Exactly, who are any of us to tell someone else to go post some place else? How about just ignoring it like you told him to do?

are you that thick? I didnt tell him he had to go elsewhere. I merely suggested that he ignore it, and if that doesnt work try some place else. at no point did i tell him he has to go elsewhere.

Kerry Collins basically gave them 14 points! THATS HIS FAULT. Our oline hasnt been good for a long, long time. Peyton doesnt get hit, cuz unlike collins he actually has pocket presence, gets rid of the ball quickly, and is more aware than any QB in the NFL. there is a reason he is always the least sacked QB in the NFL and it has little to nothing to do with the line.

The ball that slipped out of his hand yes that's his fault. The bad snap had just as much to do with Saturday as it does with him. Even then the Texans had to score after the play, the defense has to make stops but didn't get it done. Again there is a lot of blame to go around tonight and more than just the QB who was just here for 17 days.

Also for several years yes it did have something to do with the line. People forget it was the line that was the main reason we won the Super Bowl. Since then yes it's taken it a major hit and we are now rebuilding it. It's going to take time and not happen over night.

are you that thick? I didnt tell him he had to go elsewhere. I merely suggested that he ignore it, and if that doesnt work try some place else. at no point did i tell him he has to go elsewhere.

I would suggest you read the rules and you will see that name calling is against the rules and yes calling someone thick is name calling. Also suggesting, and you didn't suggest you said go post some place else, is still telling him he is pretty much not welcomed here.

Its alright bro. I ain't trippin on that. We're all a little frustrated. This isn't the easiest time to be a Colt fan. We got a raw deal, but we're all wearing the same shade of blue.

:highfive:

Most of the rhythm Kerry Collins got at the end, IMO, was when the Texans were playing soft coverage and not bringing as much heat, so I am not going to get carried away by that, to be honest. Let me see them do it in complete drives without penalties or sacks vs the Browns when it matters. Teams will bring the kitchen sink at our O-line and the Browns D-line is not a slouch either, we will see how it plays out.

We saw it last year when the time Manning had to make his throws continued to go down, and the deep ball, we might as well forget it with regards to the time the route takes to develop. Let us hope for a big 180 from the O-line.

The ball that slipped out of his hand yes that's his fault. The bad snap had just as much to do with Saturday as it does with him. Even then the Texans had to score after the play, the defense has to make stops but didn't get it done. Again there is a lot of blame to go around tonight and more than just the QB who was just here for 17 days.

Also for several years yes it did have something to do with the line. People forget it was the line that was the main reason we won the Super Bowl. Since then yes it's taken it a major hit and we are now rebuilding it. It's going to take time and not happen over night.

the last 3 years the line has been bad. before that, the line was very good. i will not disagree with that. our line sucks. peyton masks most of the deficiencies of our line. that is the point i am trying to make, and the point doogans was trying to make. And kerry actually admitted that the snap was his fault after the game.

the last 3 years the line has been bad. before that, the line was very good. i will not disagree with that. our line sucks. peyton masks most of the deficiencies of our line. that is the point i am trying to make, and the point doogans was trying to make. And kerry actually admitted that the snap was his fault after the game.

Okay, I missed that from Kerry, understandable for a guy who has been here for 17 days.

With that said, just because Manning can mask it doesn't mean they aren't still the real issue. Again, when Manning's back we can't let him get hit like this and he's not coming back for at least two months at the earliest and might not come back at all. What are we going to do then say that it's the QBs fault that he doesn't have a release like Manning or say hey the line is an issue like you said they pretty much sucked today. They have to improve. If they improve Collins is going to improve and the offense is going to improve as a whole.

Its alright bro. I ain't trippin on that. We're all a little frustrated. This isn't the easiest time to be a Colt fan. We got a raw deal, but we're all wearing the same shade of blue.

:highfive:

ruksak, i have no problem with you or any other colts fans on this board. Im not trying to tell you you HAVE to go elsewhere as gocolts seems to believe. Im just saying, there are going to be a lot of people talking about peyton (myself included). A lot of what ifs. If you dont like it, it would be best for you to ignore it. If you find yourself unable to ignore it and it bother you that much than it would be good for your mental sanity to go to a different board for a while. In no way shape or form am i telling you that you have to leave the board, that you arent wanted, or that i dont respect your opinion.

Maybe I am being dense here but I don't see what good it does to compare what Peyton could or would do to what the team is doing now.

Of course he would make the team better. I don't think there's a doubt in anyone's mind about that.

Dealing with and discussing the team we have as of now and the issues we are having are where we are at.

Okay, I missed that from Kerry, understandable for a guy who has been here for 17 days.

With that said, just because Manning can mask it doesn't mean they aren't still the real issue. Again, when Manning's back we can't let him get hit like this and he's not coming back for at least two months at the earliest and might not come back at all. What are we going to do then say that it's the QBs fault that he doesn't have a release like Manning or say hey the line is an issue like you said they pretty much sucked today. They have to improve. If they improve Collins is going to improve and the offense is going to improve as a whole.

Ok, we are getting close to being on the same page. The line IS the main issue with the colts offense. I agree. It his is has been for 3 years (this being the start of the 4th). The oline needs to improve if we ever have a shot at another superbowl.

What I have basically been saying this whole time is this, even with the oline playing bad I think we still wouldve won with peyton (sorry ruksak). Thats all im saying. Yes the line has been bad for a while. Yes, that is what has held the offense back the past few years.

Totally agree with that.

And the D, yes its a problem. But weve known that for a while now. That shouldnt be a surprise especially since not much has changed since last year.

So the question I ask myself is: Did we play any different today (excluding QB position) than we did in most games last year? My opinion, no we didnt. And thats why I think healthy peyton=win (sorry again ruksak).

Maybe you have a different thought process about this than me. but thats the way i look at it.

ruksak, i have no problem with you or any other colts fans on this board. Im not trying to tell you you HAVE to go elsewhere as gocolts seems to believe. Im just saying, there are going to be a lot of people talking about peyton (myself included). A lot of what ifs. If you dont like it, it would be best for you to ignore it. If you find yourself unable to ignore it and it bother you that much than it would be good for your mental sanity to go to a different board for a while. In no way shape or form am i telling you that you have to leave the board, that you arent wanted, or that i dont respect your opinion.

Don't sweat it buddy.

I feel bad cuz my goofin started an argument. I need to be more transparent at this time because us passionate fans have some raw nerves. I didn't mean to disrespect you or anyone else. Of course Manning is going to haunt us, and consequently, the inevitable endless comparison to whomever lurks in his overwhelming shadow.

I want people to see past the storm we're lost in and realize that the clouds will part. Maybe the season will be a loss, maybe not.

What I do know is that underneath all this craziness, I feel so happy to have football at all this year. Not what I wanted but we got football.

Don't sweat it buddy.

I feel bad cuz my goofin started an argument. I need to be more transparent at this time because us passionate fans have some raw nerves. I didn't mean to disrespect you or anyone else. Of course Manning is going to haunt us, and consequently, the inevitable endless comparison to whomever lurks in his overwhelming shadow.

I want people to see past the storm we're lost in and realize that the clouds will part. Maybe the season will be a loss, maybe not.

What I do know is that underneath all this craziness, I feel so happy to have football at all this year. Not what I wanted but we got football.

I agree about the football thing. And dont worry, im certainly not offended. People will move on in time. But for the first few games its hard for people (myself included) not to wonder. By week 4 i doubt you will hear anything about peyton other than when will he be back.