Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Texans @ Patriots AFC Divisonal Playoff Game Thread

LucasOilStadium

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You know Tom took notice of Peyton's loss yesterday.

He won't get caught unprepared for the Texans.

I would like to see a good game whether I hate both teams or not... :spit: Then again I have been told HATE is either a very strong word.....or under-rated!!!!!!!!!  :funny:  rotflmao

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Popular Now

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Yes, slightly OT here but the #2 WR position has been a problem for the Colts for years.    Grigson tried to address it with Moncrief and Dorsett, and a series of FAs, none of which were very productive (at the time though, Avery was a slot and played with TY and Reggie, making a very good trio).   Ballard has tried to address it with Campbell and Pittman, but his quantity of other tries did not emerge or had setbacks like Funchess.   You could say that since Reggie got hurt, the most reliable and consistent second option behind TY was Ebron......for one year.    That's pretty pathetic.
    • Ballard is the best drafting GM in the league since 2018 IMO (the year he brought HIS scouts in). However, he's shown an inability to draft WRs and EDGE rushers so far, and we don't know if he is able to get us a franchise QB back post-Luck. I do think this team will be good for years to come with him as GM, but Ballard has to drop his mentality that the QB isn't the most important guy on the team. That's just not true, and it's extremely obvious with the Colts.   Otherwise, if he continues his drafts the way he currently does them, I want him as my GM. He just needs a plan to get us our new QB whether it be the draft, FA, trade, or starting Eason at some point.
    • I will say...while Luck retiring was a raw deal...how many new GMs actually get to inherit a top tier franchise QB? Most teams make a change in the FO because they don't have that QB (and therefore the team is not good). So while having your QB retire abruptly is uncommon...it is not uncommon for a GM to have to solve the QB problem for a franchise...like Ballard will have to do.   I would also say that Ballard got a chance few GMs get. The 2017 team was a disaster...and it gave the Colts the #3 pick in a QB-heavy draft. Already having a QB on the roster (at the time)...Ballard was able to flip that pick into a huge amount of draft capital to accelerate the rebuild. In his first 3 drafts...he had SIX 2nd round picks to work with. And most people don't even begin to evaluate him until the 2018 season...which seems like a pretty good deal as well.
    • I like Ballard and I think he is one of the top GM's in the league.   Now that we are SB contenders again this year I think it's time for him to make a move at the deadline to position the team for the final run.  No reason not to.  We could use some help at a few positions so this is when the good GM's on contending teams make a move to help their teams.  I think we are there now.  
    • WR position - I see other WRs drafted in the same draft as Campbell contributing better than him. Ballard continually chose quantity over quality, trading down several times, passing on Montez Sweat, A J Brown, Deebo Samuel and possibly more in his quest for more darts on the board. I can see his philosophy but at some point, quality prevails.    Let us hope we produce at that critical WR position, might need some insurance in the form of a 1 or 2 year deal with a free agent, it seems like. Funchess was supposed to be that, flopped. That is why Grigson kept investing in Donnie Avery, Hakeem Nicks, DHB, Andre Johnson etc. and missed on Dorsett. We will see, I guess. I am not getting my hopes up. In the time it took us to search for a good #2, our #1 is fading into a #2 in TY.
  • Members

• cjrichard

cjrichard 100

• nfatta

nfatta 0

Rookie
    • Jared Cisneros

Jared Cisneros 5,477

• Chucklez

Chucklez 990

• DougDew

DougDew 4,186