Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Would it shock you in Manning retired?

oldunclemark

It would surprise me. He worked hard to get back and I don't think he signed with the Broncos to go only one season. I don't think the interception lost the game, I think the decision to not finish in regulation with a long ball or try to get in field goal range was the game looser. Did PM not have a long ball in his arm, turn over concern, not even able to get in field goal range? Peyton was the king of give him a few seconds and he'll bury you, so I just do not get that decision and it could be telling, but I'd be shocked all the same.

It would surprise me. He worked hard to get back and I don't think he signed with the Broncos to go only one season. I don't think the interception lost the game, I think the decision to not finish in regulation with a long ball or try to get in field goal range was the game looser. Did PM not have a long ball in his arm, turn over concern, not even able to get in field goal range? Peyton was the king of give him a few seconds and he'll bury you, so I just do not get that decision and it could be telling, but I'd be shocked all the same.

My opinion is that they did not trust his arm to make the throws needed in that situation so they felt OT was a better option. If you really think about it it's the only explanation that make sense. They risked never seeing the ball again by taking the knee as they lost the OT coin flip. Just yesterday alone i seen teams in almost the exact situation go down and get FG's. The Falcons did it and the Texans did it before halftime. Yet in this game you have one of the greatest to ever play, a guy you pay 18 million to play QB, and with 2 timeouts and 30 seconds you take a knee and risk never getting the ball back? Makes no sense, the arm was dead imo.

I would be very surprised to see him retire, unless physically uncomfortable. Peyton did not play lights out, that much was obvious, but aside from that terrible interception in OT, he didn't play poorly either. It did look like the extreme cold got to him as it got later and later, but I don't think the possibility of that happening next season would keep him from retiring. I guess the question is, how much does it really affect him physically? It may hurt him far more than we'll ever know. It looks to me like the Broncos are only a few pieces and a few gameplanning adjustments away. The Broncos secondary needs to be upgraded and adjusted, they might need to upgrade one O linemen, and maybe one more big DT to stop the run and take some pressure off on Dumervil and Miller. I think the running game was really coming along toward the end of the season and a solid running attack would really help Manning especially since he is deadly with play-action. With the team moving in the right direction, I don't see him retiring.

I think the cold weather in the second half may have effected his ability to grip the ball and throw it deep. the reason for so many running plays.

Peyton would be playing next week if they to convert the first down to run the clock out and the defense didn't blow the game at the end of regulation.

It looked like it was affecting the entire Broncos team. They really needed their run game. The Ravens were able to consistently get chunks of yards with Rice and then of course Flacco had the game of his life.