Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Would it shock you in Manning retired?

oldunclemark

Maybe its just me...being sad to see him throw the game-losing interception Saturday night..

But in the post-game Peyton didnt talk about 'next season'...He just mentioned going forward...

I thought I saw a look on his face...in the second half.....He knew what he needed to do but couldnt.

He had a great regular season but he keeps saying he's not 100%.

Maybe he will be by next summer but we'll never know...he'll never say...

Would it shock you if Peyton Manning retired>?

I guess I have no real emotion invested in his decisions anymore. I hope he is happy in whatever choices he makes. He will always be remembered for what he did here, but he is with someone else now. I always felt it different how some people break up with a partner, and still follow what the other is doing. When I have moved on, I have moved on.

But to answer the OP, I saw a Peyton that still can play at a high level. It seems likely that he will continue that until he is unable to.

Maybe its just me...being sad to see him throw the game-losing interception Saturday night..But in the post-game Peyton didnt talk about 'next season'...He just mentioned going forward...I thought I saw a look on his face...in the second half.....He knew what he needed to do but couldnt.He had a great regular season but he keeps saying he's not 100%.Maybe he will be by next summer but we'll never know...he'll never say...Would it shock you if Peyton Manning retired>?

It was just like old times when he threw those picks.

If he did I would be shocked, but in a way I wouldn't. I'm sure he is tired of being let down every year by his team.

So Manning had no blame in the loss? Come on man, I know he's your hero and all, but the guy makes mistakes and he shares in the blame considering he threw the interception in his own territory.

So Manning had no blame in the loss? Come on man, I know he's your hero and all, but the guy makes mistakes and he shares in the blame considering he threw the interception in his own territory.

I didn't say that. He threw the pick you cannot wipe it away no matter how much you want. It's poetic the team collapse is the reason that pick happened.

I didn't say that. He threw the pick you cannot wipe it away no matter how much you want. It's poetic the team collapse is the reason that pick happened.

The defense was pretty bad but special teams also spotted the Bronco's 2 td's. Baltimore's defense was bad too but Flacco outplayed Manning IMO. I like Manning too, but sometimes certain Colts fans have always given him a pass for his own poor performance's, always blaming it on someone or something else. Manning has historically played bad in the playoffs, to deny that is just blind homerism. Manning had historically bad defenses in Indy too so he did have to try to win games on his own many times, but with that said, Manning made many bad decisions and had many bad games in the playoffs to inferior teams. Im not blaming Manning for all his playoff failures, but I won't give him a pass either.

Doubt it. Unless there are lingering health issues we are unaware of he stays. That team will be in the playoffs again unless someone in the west shocks us.

What did people think though that it would be easy and they would waltz into the Super Bowl though? I never got the logic at times with Denver and it was less a knock on Manning at times to me then it was just pure hype getting to me at times for a team that I was not truly sold on winning it all based on what I have seen.

The defense was pretty bad but special teams also spotted the Bronco's 2 td's. Baltimore's defense was bad too but Flacco outplayed Manning IMO. I like Manning too, but sometimes certain Colts fans have always given him a pass for his own poor performance's, always blaming it on someone or something else. Manning has historically played bad in the playoffs, to deny that is just blind homerism. Manning had historically bad defenses in Indy too so he did have to try to win games on his own many times, but with that said, Manning made many bad decisions and had many bad games in the playoffs to inferior teams. Im not blaming Manning for all his playoff failures, but I won't give him a pass either.

That is assuming the offense wouldn't have scored if Holliday didn't score. At that time the offense was really clicking so the ST TDs just made it easier, but they did give them 14 points.

I don't have an issue with saying Manning has faults. As much as we want to believe he is super human it just isn't that way.

For example, In '05 he played bad against the Steelers, and the line was a factor for that. In the regular season he probably would have been able to overcome it. It happens when you're that smart. You over think and second guess yourself way too much.

Maybe its just me...being sad to see him throw the game-losing interception Saturday night..

But in the post-game Peyton didnt talk about 'next season'...He just mentioned going forward...

I thought I saw a look on his face...in the second half.....He knew what he needed to do but couldnt.

It would be shocking for him to retire, but the shock wouldn't last long. He was visibly uncomfortable yesterday, I'm just curious if it was just the cold.

Oh my goodness...

You thought you saw "a look" from Manning and interpreted that as him not being able to do it? That is some high comedy there.

Elway should know, he's been there done that.  He needs to strengthen the defense.  Jut like Elway late in his career, Manning can't completely carry a team anymore, and neither could Elway.  They got Elway a few key pieces that netted two SB in a row.  John needs to find the key pieces quickly if he's going to make good on his promise top make PM the G.O.A.T.

Elway should know, he's been there done that.  He needs to strengthen the defense.  Jut like Elway late in his career, Manning can't completely carry a team anymore, and neither could Elway.  They got Elway a few key pieces that netted two SB in a row.  John needs to find the key pieces quickly if he's going to make good on his promise top make PM the G.O.A.T.

If Manning admits he cannot carry the team anymore, I think it is not necessarily a bad thing since there are coaches who can out-plan him in big games and help him. Deviating from Manning's typical games may actually work well and get him a ring. He has to give up his role as the OC on the field since ihis play-calling sucks in the playoffs.

If you think Flacco outplayed Manning, you need to go look at the stats again. Flacco played like crap. He just heaved it up and prayed his guy would catch it. Sad thing is.. his guys did catch it.

Flacco still isn't a team leader. He doesn't even get to do the coin toss. He can't make the incredible touch throws and yet, here he is almost in the Super Bowl. It's because he has incredible talent around him.

What happens if Brady loses Super Bowl again? Does he qualify as a choker?