Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Will Beat The Browns

19colt

Collins showed some signs of life towards the end of the game and Addai looked good in limited action. I think the Colts can put up three TD's at least at home and put the defence in a position to win the game. The Colts D usually rises after a big loss and also rises at home so they can get this done. Special teams could be the wild card.

It's only week two but it could be the Colts season on the line already. You have to beat teams like Cleveland to make the playoffs. Also if the Colts fall to 0-2 then the chances of us seeing Peyton on the field this season start to go down even further.

I kept a close eye on that Cin/Clev game. They had two blown coverages, both of which resulted in the loss. The have a pretty intense def, but they have lapses in judgement. Its going to be a run fest, with Mccoy taking odd shots down the field. There special teams is still quality. It will be a hard fought battle but in the end. Cleveland 24 Indy 17.

Collins showed some signs of life towards the end of the game and Addai looked good in limited action. I think the Colts can put up three TD's at least at home and put the defence in a position to win the game. The Colts D usually rises after a big loss and also rises at home so they can get this done. Special teams could be the wild card.

It's only week two but it could be the Colts season on the line already. You have to beat teams like Cleveland to make the playoffs. Also if the Colts fall to 0-2 then the chances of us seeing Peyton on the field this season start to go down even further.

I'm glad you're optimistic, I am too, but a couple notes. First, Manning will be on the field if/when he's healthy enough to play at a high level with acceptable risk for him, personally, regardless of the team's record coming down the stretch. Second, if special teams are the wild card in any way I assume you mean detrimental to the Colts.

I found that we do better against bruisers, because he's slower than the average back, and we have the fastest D in the NFL. I see him having a good game, but not so good that he changes the game 25 carries for 89 yards. Colt McCoy is the real worry. He's only getting better, and they have some talent at receiver. Our pass defense is awful, that's my worry. Our offense should do well. Their pass rush is mediocre at best, and they have good linebackers so don't expect much from the RBs. It all comes down to Kerry Collins. Good game = win, bad game = loss.

I found that we do better against bruisers, because he's slower than the average back, and we have the fastest D in the NFL. I see him having a good game, but not so good that he changes the game 25 carries for 89 yards. Colt McCoy is the real worry. He's only getting better, and they have some talent at receiver. Our pass defense is awful, that's my worry. Our offense should do well. Their pass rush is mediocre at best, and they have good linebackers so don't expect much from the RBs. It all comes down to Kerry Collins. Good game = win, bad game = loss.

Our defense has to be fast because they do a lot of chasing players from behind.

I'm not sure of the numbers, but I recall Browns being an historically tight game for us.

That was with completely different coaches and a completely different defensive scheme.

They lost at home to the Bengals. Why in the world is anyone expecting them to light it up? Our front 7 is better than the stats showed today. Early mistakes, by our offense, gave them extra possessions and a big lead. 1/9 on 3rd downs meant our defense spent an awful lot of time on the field.

erm...he ain't all that.

This guy knows his stuff.

Hillis was virtually shut down the last 5 games of last year, and the opening game this year. Those last 5 games only one 100yd rushing game, and that's against the Bills(one of the worst run D's) which he needed like 20 something carries to do. Also no TD's those last 5 games.

And it wasn't even against the best of defenses, people all these forums speak of him like he's an elite back. He's not.

Nor is his front 5 better than that of the Texans.

I think it'll be us running the ball on em'. Their defensive line isn't all that, and made Benson look MVP caliber today.

Addai and Carter might very well have good games.

I see our D getting some of flaws and kinks worked out, go back watch tape, and fix a few issues. I think todays game we had a few busted D plays. it just looked like our DL and LB were not on the same page on a few plays. Offensively I think Kerry will have a good game. He started to shine pretty good in the later part of todays game and I think that will carry over to the Browns game. If i remember correctly he had like 36 attempts and we only did like 18 running plays between Addai and Carter. I say we keep Kerrys attempts at 35-40 range but also give Joe and Carter more carries like 12 to each Back. Browns strong point is defiantly in Colt McCoy and WR/TE..Hillis is good but I dont see him getting that many yrd against our speedy D.

Their Special teams is pretty good to and I think our Special Teams in this game might be our weakness. It will be close and we might even lose, depends I think mainly on our D. This game will be in our D's hands and that can either be good or be bad..We did have two INT's today and a fumble recovery So we do get takeaways just dont capitalize offensively...Kerry improves next week, our D gets a few more take aways and sacks and the Colts win a very tough fought game making our record 1-1

Hillis was virtually shut down the last 5 games of last year, and the opening game this year. Those last 5 games only one 100yd rushing game, and that's against the Bills(one of the worst run D's) which he needed like 20 something carries to do. Also no TD's those last 5 games.

And it wasn't even against the best of defenses, people all these forums speak of him like he's an elite back. He's not.

I think it'll be us running the ball on em'. Their defensive line isn't all that, and made Benson look MVP caliber today.

Lets be brutally honest here. Hillis is a good back. He is what coaches call a "football player". Very good in his own right. BUT...the hype behind Hillis is the label that no one in the media has the guts to speak of...he is the great white hope of RB's. That is the appeal behind Hillis, his skin color is what makes him different, appealing to the obvious demographic and definitely the driving force behind him being voted in as the Madden cover guy.

He's white. Thats a rarity at his position, ergo, the drive behind his hyperbole. Before anyone starts a race debate, that is inappropriate for this forum. I am not trying to debate this. The media, to this day, goes on and on about the black quarterback issue. Why? Because they used to be a rarity. Well what we have with Hillis is the same phenomenon.

Ultimately, we need some infusion of new ideas for defense and special teams. Botching of execution of simple defensive schemes and simple ST blocking schemes can be tolerated only for so long. If removing Coyer and Rychleski is the only way to turn around this franchise, so be it, that is what needs to happen. Denver fans warned us about Coyer, he looks good coming in but once people have had a chance to look at his schemes, he does not adjust as well while the opponents do and his record goes downhill with time. Rychleski, sorry, I have few nice things to say about his tenure with the Colts.

That was with completely different coaches and a completely different defensive scheme.

They lost at home to the Bengals. Why in the world is anyone expecting them to light it up? Our front 7 is better than the stats showed today. Early mistakes, by our offense, gave them extra possessions and a big lead. 1/9 on 3rd downs meant our defense spent an awful lot of time on the field.

My comment was for point of interest ONLY. Read the thread and you'll see I'm optimistic for this game. Read the board and you'll see I'm the last person you'll find around here crowing about doomsday. Read the board and you'll see I watched the game and paid close attention. I also never said anything about the Browns lighting anything up. Don't take me out of context, doogan.

I've said it before and I will say it again.

This defense was never built to win games. It was built to finish them.

This is not the Pittsburgh Steelers where the defense can carry a mediocre quarterback (or at least they used to)

This defense isn't beating anyone because their best defensive player - Peyton Manning, who has protected a horrible run defense for years by putting up 30 points every week - is not on the field.

It's going to take an act of god for us to stop Josh Cribbs.

The new kickoff rule benefits the return team, for whatever reason. We're going to have to put it out of the end zone to keep the ball out of his hands. And then we have to worry about him returning punts, which some of you may have forgotten, but we're awful at covering them.

This guy knows his stuff.

yes but he is better than the texans 3rd string back ,who by the ran all over our "D". He

also is on the madden cover for a reason. he went for over 100 twice against ravens and once against

the steelers last year. ought ooooooooooo

I think as long as Collins can hold onto the ball this time, we will be ok. If it weren't for the first quarter against the Texans, it would have been a much closer game. Give Collins one more shot. If he blows it, what is the purpose of us continuing using him? If we are going to lose games anyway, we might as well do it with our own second string (potentially great) quarterback. Would Curtis Painter have had an amazing game and thrown for 3 touch downs? Maybe, maybe not. Would he have fumbled the ball twice in a row that ended up in 14 points for Houston? Probably not. Collins: One more chance. Painter: Get your game face on.

yes but he is better than the texans 3rd string back ,who by the ran all over our "D". He

also is on the madden cover for a reason. he went for over 100 twice against ravens and once against

the steelers last year. ought ooooooooooo

So you're saying since Hillis won a popularity contest among video game enthusiasts we should be extra cautious? I can hear Caldwell now "OK guys, we're facing the guy on the Madden cover".

Reedonkulous.

Yes, Hillis is a decent back, but as John Waylon pointed out, the actual threat is coming more from guys like Cribbs who stand to exploit our dreadful kick coverage squad.

So you're saying since Hillis won a popularity contest among video game enthusiasts we should be extra cautious? I can hear Caldwell now "OK guys, we're facing the guy on the Madden cover".

Reedonkulous.

Yes, Hillis is a decent back, but as John Waylon pointed out, the actual threat is coming more from guys like Cribbs who stand to exploit our dreadful kick coverage squad.

popularity contest or not he is better than anyone houston has, and will go for at least

120 on us. as far as st go well it started the way it ended a kick off being brought out from 7 yards

deep and almost to the 45, way to address that issue as well in the off season.

Yeah, I heard Goodell is gonna let us play 13 on defense.

lmao get a couple fans on the field... The colts should win that game, i believe the defense will be better. When they look at the tape they will see that foster is not a force on obvious running downs and freeney and mathis should not be in.. the colts started stopping the run when brayton and anderson was in... if collins struggles then he should be benched immediately.

lmao get a couple fans on the field... The colts should win that game, i believe the defense will be better. When they look at the tape they will see that foster is not a force on obvious running downs and freeney and mathis should not be in.. the colts started stopping the run when brayton and anderson was in... if collins struggles then he should be benched immediately.

Its not that easy though. There are obvious passing downs (3rd and 17) but I would argue that there is VERY RARELY a such thing as an obvious running down. To exclude two of the best pass rushers in the league for run stoppers is a prelude to a playaction dagger to the throat.

Although I admit you're right in suggesting that some serious philosophical changes are needed. I blame the coaching staff more-so than the players for yesterdays debacle.

We aren't being fair with Collins because he was placed in a very unfair position.

I'll paraphrase Dungy from the end of our championship regular season, with a slight edit: "We just need to play better"...NO..well yes BUT more-so we need to coach better.

Its not that easy though. There are obvious passing downs (3rd and 17) but I would argue that there is VERY RARELY a such thing as an obvious running down. To exclude two of the best pass rushers in the league for run stoppers is a prelude to a playaction dagger to the throat.

Although I admit you're right in suggesting that some serious philosophical changes are needed. I blame the coaching staff more-so than the players for yesterdays debacle.

We aren't being fair with Collins because he was placed in a very unfair position.

I'll paraphrase Dungy from the end of our championship regular season, with a slight edit: "We just need to play better"...NO..well yes BUT more-so we need to coach better.

There was a play in the redzone i think it was a 1st down on the 2yd line i believe.. it was freeney, mathis and foster in there... You have 2 1st round picks sitting on the bench not to mention johnson and the colts have freeney, mathis and foster in. the colts had some really bad packages the whole of the 1st half... there was one play where foster got penetration on another redzone play BUT he missed the tackle.. if that was a true DT i would like to think it would bring that RB down... I for the love of god cannot fathom why foster is even starting over Nevis it baffles me why.

The way i view it, when a team is playing the colts.. the coaches for the colts should always view 1st down as a run down cause they are not stellar against the run and teams know that... you shorten the 1st down by a run making it easier to manage. The colts defense were like a dead frog in a high school science class, they were dissected.

There was a play in the redzone i think it was a 1st down on the 2yd line i believe.. it was freeney, mathis and foster in there... You have 2 1st round picks sitting on the bench not to mention johnson and the colts have freeney, mathis and foster in. the colts had some really bad packages the whole of the 1st half... there was one play where foster got penetration on another redzone play BUT he missed the tackle.. if that was a true DT i would like to think it would bring that RB down... I for the love of god cannot fathom why foster is even starting over Nevis it baffles me why.

The way i view it, when a team is playing the colts.. the coaches for the colts should always view 1st down as a run down cause they are not stellar against the run and teams know that... you shorten the 1st down by a run making it easier to manage. The colts defense were like a dead frog in a high school science class, they were dissected.

I'll give you props, you're right about all that. However I am far more concerned with the fact that we can't score points as is. Whats worse is the offense gave plenty of points to the opponent, which is unacceptable. All of the issues we had on defense seemed to relate to the stagnant and foolish offensive issues.

The good news is I believe these issues are easy to fix. I think we're going to win vs Cleveland in a low scoring game.

My guess;

Cleveland 16

Indianapolis 19

If you like FG kicking, this is the game for you.