Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Yes, Denver was an overrated team

chad72

I only have been saying pretty much all of this for like 4 months. Of course, I was berated. But now? Nah. Y'all get it now.

Well I was going to tell you I hope your Texans win tomorrow but I changed my mind and I hope they get taken behind the woodshed like the first time. :) That's a lady's right to change her mind. haha  I would like to see the Ravens play the Pats and win that and go on to the SB. :thmup:

Well I was going to tell you I hope your Texans win tomorrow but I changed my mind and I hope they get taken behind the woodshed like the first time. :) That's a lady's right to change her mind. haha  I would like to see the Ravens play the Pats and win that and go on to the SB. :thmup:

Well as a man sometimes you have to go up against everyone wanting you to fail. Pretty sure 99% here wants the Texans to get taken to the woodshed as you say and I'm fine with that. The men in white tomorrow know what they're up against too.

Well as a man sometimes you have to go up against everyone wanting you to fail. Pretty sure 99% here wants the Texans to get taken to the woodshed as you say and I'm fine with that. The men in white tomorrow know what they're up against too.

Yep. Looking forward to it, gotta watch the game on my phone though because, of course, at work. Hoping that the boys get it done tomorrow.

It took you fellas long enough to figure it out. Strength of schedule showed this coming from a mile away. They did not play one "great" team after New England thrashed them. It's pretty easy to make your team look godly blowing out those average to below average teams. Ever since they beat down that lost Saints team all I ever heard about was how this was a Super Bowl team. I'm so glad they lost, finally puts all that talk to rest.

If the Ravens knocked out the Colts, they deserved to finally knock Manning out just 1 week later. I will be pulling for them against New England, I did last year and still feel like they got robbed.

I don't think you guys would have been satisfied seeing Manning win it all this year. It would have left you feeling blue and a sour taste in the mouth. He went to play for John Elway. The guy your team drafted years ago, that was just oh so cool he couldn't play for you.

Pretty sure that this is why I said Peyton didn't deserve the MVP. They beat no one except for a heavily injured Ravens team during the regular season.

Pretty sure that this is why I said Peyton didn't deserve the MVP. They beat no one except for a heavily injured Ravens team during the regular season.

He didn't deserve the last MVP he won, so I won't be shocked if he wins another one he don't deserve. I would take Brady over him IMO this season. They finished the season 2-3 against playoff teams, and then 0-1 against one in the playoffs. Can't wait till they play that tougher schedule next season.

You do realize majority of the Colts fanbase hate the Patriots, and only look at the Texans as a team we have to play and care nothing about?

Broncos were flawed due to poor defensive , bit them in the rear. Champ looked old today

Everyone is always talking about how bad our secondary is/was...Our secondary is much better than Denver's was today...Bailey getting beat constantly..misplayed long passes...

That was a terrible game to watch..

Yeah Champ was looking horrid today.  I have never seen him be beat that bad, and that many times in one game.

It still amazes me how well Peyton can drop to passes in buckets, yet with the game on the line driving down the field he scrambles right and throws back across his body like a rookie. . . .I was stuck on stupid. 

we set them up with #1 seeding and yet they can't even squeak out 1 win at home. . . .

Lets go Ravens?

You do realize majority of the Colts fanbase hate the Patriots, and only look at the Texans as a team we have to play and care nothing about?

If not for the Houston trolls, I doubt their team would be mentioned on this board. They are irrelevant to us.

Kind of sad that as a fanbase we hate bob and the skins more than the texans despite playing them only once every 4 years

If not for the Houston trolls, I doubt their team would be mentioned on this board. They are irrelevant to us.

Kind of sad that as a fanbase we hate bob and the skins more than the texans despite playing them only once every 4 years

I don't know what rivalry he is reaching for, but it'll never be there. Once the NFL expands this misfit division will be realigned, and the Texans will mean nothing more than the Browns do.

Hell the Browns mean more. We've actually played them in a meaningful game.

Why all the hate, folks? We aren't even in the race right now. We are in analyze/offseason. If fans are here from other teams, its because this board has something to offer. Contributors remain, and troll show their colors over time. In the offseason, we all belong to the brotherhood of the NFL.

I think we all knew all season too that they overly frontloaded the Denver schedule. They wanted to showcase the Peyton comeback early and often. All those primetime games. Atlanta/NE/Houston early........same with Pittsburgh.

Ending the year with cupcakes and yes they did play Baltimore but Baltimore had 5 starters out and was in a huge slump at the time. We got Baltimore at an even worse time then Denver, days after Ray announcing his retirement and a home game for them to boot. They were still inspired this weekend. It will be interesting to see if this carries over into NEXT weekend for them or they run out of some gas.

Denver did have a tougher then expected game though in Cincy which was a bit of a red flag to me that they can struggle with above average teams still.

Go Colts indeed!!! This little bayou boy Saints fan has grown quite a passion watching Luck :thmup:
He's going to be something special. Just need to protect the guy. The guy literally amazes me, he's a tank also. Literally a flipping tank. Definitely see a future great.

That still being said I will always love Manning. Definitely no bandwagon fan here. Colts all the way.

How incredible is it for a team to go from Manning to Luck????

I have really mixed emotions on this.

I'll always love Peyton as an Indianapolis Colt.  In fact, I think there should be a 10 foot bronze statue of him outside of Lucas Oil Stadium.

Part of me feels like I should want him to win in Denver.  But, I don't.  

I guess it's for selfish reasons as a Colts fan.  I don't want the Manning/Luck decision to be proven wrong.  I dread the thought of Peyton winning a couple of Super Bowls in Denver and going into the HOF as a Bronco.

In the height of the emotion surrounding his release, I actually said, "I hope we meet him in the playoffs and he knocks us out, just to teach Irsay a lesson."  But, I have done a complete 180 and fully realize that Irsay's decisions, while hard, were right.

Like I said, I'll always love Peyton as a Colt.  I guess I've come to realize that my love for the team is greater than my love for an individual player.

Denver may have been overrated some, but it was really more overconfidence by the Broncos.  I just know many were already looking forward to the Manning/Brady showdown.  It's the playoffs! (And Brady hasn't even moved on yet, but he saw what Broncs did, and will re-focus!) Can't do that!  Flacco burned us deep, and Denver knew it. Yet their D (which is overrated IMHO) failed to account for it.  The offense went ultra conservative mode and allowed Ravens to hang out at the table until 1 last piece of food remained, which Baltimore snatched away.

It was as total a team meltdown as I can ever remember.  And Peyton just had to get one or two more first downs and it was over.  No, he had to 'make a play' a vet like him knows should not be attempted, most certainly in sudden death overtime in the playoffs. Sigh.

I have really mixed emotions on this.

I'll always love Peyton as an Indianapolis Colt.  In fact, I think there should be a 10 foot bronze statue of him outside of Lucas Oil Stadium.

Part of me feels like I should want him to win in Denver.  But, I don't.  

I guess it's for selfish reasons as a Colts fan.  I don't want the Manning/Luck decision to be proven wrong.  I dread the thought of Peyton winning a couple of Super Bowls in Denver and going into the HOF as a Bronco.

In the height of the emotion surrounding his release, I actually said, "I hope we meet him in the playoffs and he knocks us out, just to teach Irsay a lesson."  But, I have done a complete 180 and fully realize that Irsay's decisions, while hard, were right.

Like I said, I'll always love Peyton as a Colt.  I guess I've come to realize that my love for the team is greater than my love for an individual player.

That's gutsy.  Way to 'man up'.