Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Yes, Denver was an overrated team

chad72

This performance by the Denver team was the performance of a team that read its press clippings.

It is such an overrated defense, I have to FINALLY agree. Brady would have lit them up in Denver like Flacco.

The better and more resilient team won.

Congrats to Ravens!!!

Would have been no better for us had manning stayed.

Yep.

Like Dungy said, playoff games are lost more than won. Dungy's team would not have given up that last minute TD with the Cover 2, that is one thing I can definitely say about Dungy's defense :), they know to protect a lead.

It took you fellas long enough to figure it out. Strength of schedule showed this coming from a mile away. They did not play one "great" team after New England thrashed them. It's pretty easy to make your team look godly blowing out those average to below average teams. Ever since they beat down that lost Saints team all I ever heard about was how this was a Super Bowl team. I'm so glad they lost, finally puts all that talk to rest.

If the Ravens knocked out the Colts, they deserved to finally knock Manning out just 1 week later. I will be pulling for them against New England, I did last year and still feel like they got robbed.

I don't think you guys would have been satisfied seeing Manning win it all this year. It would have left you feeling blue and a sour taste in the mouth. He went to play for John Elway. The guy your team drafted years ago, that was just oh so cool he couldn't play for you.

It took you fellas long enough to figure it out. Strength of schedule showed this coming from a mile away. They did not play one "great" team after New England thrashed them. It's pretty easy to make your team look godly blowing out those average to below average teams. Ever since they beat down that lost Saints team all I ever heard about was how this was a Super Bowl team. I'm so glad they lost, finally puts all that talk to rest.

If the Ravens knocked out the Colts, they deserved to finally knock Manning out just 1 week later. I will be pulling for them against New England, I did last year and still feel like they got robbed.

I don't think you guys would have been satisfied seeing Manning win it all this year. It would have left you feeling blue and a sour taste in the mouth. He went to play for John Elway. The guy your team drafted years ago, that was just oh so cool he couldn't play for you.

No lie, wanted manning to lose! More so to rub it in my father in laws face for jumping ship like many colts fans did. Go Colts!

I can't seem to find a link... How Ste the saints doing in the playoffs? Please blame your teams failure on the fact you list your coach...

I can't seem to find a link... How Ste the saints doing in the playoffs? Please blame your teams failure on the fact you list your coach...

I used the Saints game as an example, that's when their win streak really got going and everyone was ready to crown them a Super Bowl team.

I am not going to make any excuses as a Saints fan. Yes we were lost without Payton but even if he did coach our team this year, I don't know what we would have finished. Our defense broke records, we gave up more yardage in NFL history. I don't know if him being on field would have prevented that since he don't control anything on defense. We probably would have went 7-9 with him on the sidelines.

Tebow won a playoff game last year in OT with the same overrated team without the special teams TDs.......... :cheer:

*hides*

I am telling you. Tebow went out on a high note, much like John Elway from Denver. I can see Tebow fans invading the Broncos boards again, lol. I pity Denver fans right now.

The Tebow win vs the Steelers would be the one playoff anomaly that lasts a long time because Tebow might never play QB again in the NFL.

Look on the plus side. Makes you feel better about the Indy loss.

This Ravens team is fighting hard and will not give up. And we were IN Baltimore. So yeah......makes me feel better. We just needed some o line help and I think Luck could have punched a few in, maybe.

After watching today though I am glad Indy was not in Denver. We were not ready..........

Guess my Colts at Pats AFC title game dreams were about the Baltimore Colts instead........sheesh thanks football Gods for tricking me yet again.

Hey Chad, the NFC East pattern stays alive!

I am telling you. Tebow went out on a high note, much like John Elway from Denver. I can see Tebow fans invading the Broncos boards again, lol. I pity Denver fans right now.

The Tebow win vs the Steelers would be the one playoff anomaly that lasts a long time because Tebow might never play QB again in the NFL.

LOL I knew if Manning went one and done this year the Tebow thing may start up again. I still have no idea why the Steelers D sucked so bad in that game but they sure did.

And yeah, I did think Denver had an excellent shot at losing today. Call it a hunch but I just felt like this Ravens team was on a mission.

Look on the plus side. Makes you feel better about the Indy loss.

This Ravens team is fighting hard and will not give up. And we were IN Baltimore. So yeah......makes me feel better. We just needed some o line help and I think Luck could have punched a few in, maybe.

After watching today though I am glad Indy was not in Denver. We were not ready..........

Guess my Colts at Pats AFC title game dreams were about the Baltimore Colts instead........sheesh thanks football Gods for tricking me yet again.

Hey Chad, the NFC East pattern stays alive!

Yep, being #1 seed in the AFC only works for the Pats, LOL

NFC East pattern will still be alive if the Falcons and Ravens play in the SB.

Everyone is always talking about how bad our secondary is/was...Our secondary is much better than Denver's was today...Bailey getting beat constantly..misplayed long passes...

That was a terrible game to watch..

I agree. Their secondary got EXPOSED. It was a matter of time - either Brady or Flacco would have done it.

If not for the 2 ST TDs, Flacco would have blown out the Broncos.

The Denver D didn't actually even play that badly for most of the game.  Champ Bailey just got abused by a younger, faster player and Rahim Moore took a bad angle in coverage at the absolute worst time.  Five plays accounted for like a third of Baltimore's total offensive production and just about all of the points they put up.

I only have been saying pretty much all of this for like 4 months. Of course, I was berated. But now? Nah. Y'all get it now.

It can't be that they are overrated.

Just before their bye week I saw them dominate the Cleveland Browns and Kansas City Chiefs. Not just win but DOMINATE!!!

I knew that those wins were a sign of their upcoming Super Bowl run and the impending ring for Peyton. Something must have happened today. I am sure the Ravens cheated.

This performance by the Denver team was the performance of a team that read its press clippings.

It is such an overrated defense, I have to FINALLY agree. Brady would have lit them up in Denver like Flacco.

The better and more resilient team won.

Congrats to Ravens!!!

Overrated, no.  Overconfident, yes.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, January 13, 2013 - quoting removed post
Hidden by Nadine, January 13, 2013 - quoting removed post

I ain't goin' nowhere, BronChoke.

If Houston loses tomorrow you lost to a team that is near impossible to beat at home. You guys would not have choked in my book at all.