Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Cowboys fire DC Rob Ryan

MTC

What a joke.

All the injuries they had on defense and they fire this guy after he had them not as bad as they normally would be considering all the injuries? Rob Ryan did good when considering they had so many injuries and even didn't have Ware for some time.

Jerry Jones proves once again he has no business being the general manager. While Cowboy fans call for the head of Romo, Romo is not the problem, and neither was Ryan. If you're a Cowboy fan GO AFTER JERRAH. Go after the owner that builds the biggest stadium in the country to give every other team an advantage to beat you. I am serious, the new home field is a joke and they have a losing record in it. Romo played with the worst running game in the league and still nearly took you to the playoffs and it's some how all his fault.

He was too hit and miss as a DC, IMO but yes, injuries were a big part. However, there is serious erosion of talent in the front 7 that was primarily drafted by Parcells that Lord Jerry has not managed to replenish, IMO, and Jerry wont see that part clearly.

To me, they need a disciplinarian like Mike Singletary, who is a LB coach with the Vikings, I think, to get them to play disciplined. Who knows, they may hire Lovie Smith to play a 4-3 after all and sign Dwight Freeney??? LOL :)

I think Rob Ryan was just too vocal and likes the limelight too much. Jerry Jones is a gigantic egomaniac, and probably wants more subtle personalities throughout the organization.

He won't be out of work long. I was wondering last night if any teams who still need coaches would even consider him as a head coach. Probably not, but it would be a bold move.