Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Aaron Rodgers will be recognized as the G.O.A.T when it's all said and done

Demon

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure I get your point mark, I don't think Rodgers should be compared to anyone you have mentioned. And Rodgers has been pretty good for the last several years has he not? He leads his teams to the playoffs, he is usually in the MVP conversation, he has a SB ring.......etc. etc.

I don't see why you should be doubting his longevity as a top QB in this league unless concussions doomed him but he has not had one since 2010 I believe. *knocks on wood*

Embrace it, when Manning/Brady retire and who knows about Brees......Rodgers will someday be the top gun left in the league.

Not sure I get your point mark, I don't think Rodgers should be compared to anyone you have mentioned. And Rodgers has been pretty good for the last several years has he not? He leads his teams to the playoffs, he is usually in the MVP conversation, he has a SB ring.......etc. etc.

I don't see why you should be doubting his longevity as a top QB in this league unless concussions doomed him but he has not had one since 2010 I believe. *knocks on wood*

Embrace it, when Manning/Brady retire and who knows about Brees......Rodgers will someday be the top gun left in the league.

Er......there will be another #12 knocking on the door Ms Jules!

Not enough of a body-of-work just yet. His 2011 season was phenomenal for sure, but he needs to sustain this to enter the hypothetical conversation for the fictional title of "GOAT" that will never be a universally-agreed-upon QB.

I cried with Brady that day

Aaron Rodgers as the GOAT? With only 1 ring? Sorry, I just can't make that jump. Like GoPats so eloquently said the sample size is way too small yet...He's nowhere near Bradshaw, Montana, or Brady...It's all about the Championship Bling Baby...I will concede though that Rodgers will win more than 1 ring & I'd love to see him go toe to toe with Brady not this year though. Rodgers has dealt with a ton of injuries this year on the offense & his life is still a work in process, which Aaron deserves credit for. He hasn't snapped or lashed out like Cutler in Chicago did. 

To be fair though, leadership entails more than rings alone. It requires confidence in the huddle, accountability of team mates who are getting sloppy & lazy, & maintaining calmness when the stakes are highest. Manning, Brady, Brees, Big Ben, & Rodgers all possess this rare commodity as seasoned veterans. 

Pose this question again in 5 years & then we can talk. Goat right now...Not even close.

That I do agree on. Luck is gonna rock this league.

But, I meant more the elder #12 someday. :)

Please. If I hear the name "Luck" again in the next 8 months it'll be too soon.

PS how is he not susceptible to the "sophomore slump" that everyone here is so sure Griffin will have? Assuming he plays next year anyway.

Now Peyton doesn't complain, eh?

Wow, I love revisionist history.

http://i.usatoday.net/sports/gallery/2010/NFL/WeeklyGallery/week13/n1pg-vertical.jpg

Please. He set the standard well before Brady.

I'm not going to jump in this argument because this topic has been beaten to death.

I wish I could find the better angle, but that play was clear PI.

Yeah he leads all qbs in injuries. I could see how a Texans fan would think that was great

Lol what is your obsession with the guy's injury. He's going to be back, like it or not. Enjoy it now...he will be back, and will be motivated to continue playing exceptionally well.

Please. If I hear the name "Luck" again in the next 8 months it'll be too soon.

PS how is he not susceptible to the "sophomore slump" that everyone here is so sure Griffin will have? Assuming he plays next year anyway.

Yet, you hang out on a Colts forum where Luck is our QB. That makes tons of sense!!! :facepalm:

Lol what is your obsession with the guy's injury. He's going to be back, like it or not. Enjoy it now...he will be back, and will be motivated to continue playing exceptionally well.

How many players have come back and played well after two acl surgeries

But you guys are so fun. :D I was kidding anyway. But not the second part

I got ya, but on the second part, Of course Luck is susceptible to a sophomore slump, but IMO much less susceptible than RG3. RG3 is going to have to change his style of play, there is no questioning that or else he's going to have a very short career. That opens him up to more possibilities of struggling than the other 2nd yr. QB's. I think Shanny is going to have to change the offense if he really cares about RG3 having a long career. I also do not think the read option is going to be as effective as it was this season.

The offense they ran is a gimmicky offense(despite what Skins fans will say) it most certainly is. Teams have the whole offseason to figure out a way to defend it and they will figure it out. There was a CBSsports article that interviewed a defensive coordinator and he said the same thing. RG3(if he even comes back next season) will have to become a more prototypical QB and go through his reads and progressions, something he didn't really have to do this season.

With all that said, I don't think its going to be very easy for RG3 to come back from his 2nd reconstructive surgery on the same knee(not many players ever have) and play next season. If/when he comes back, he is not going to be the same athletic freak he was before. That much surgery on one knee(twice) will have lingering affects.

What would be his slump?

More interceptions? He threw a ton this year.

No clutch ability? How does that get taken away in the regular season if it is in you naturally?

More hits/sacks? Is this possible? Ouch, I would not wish more hits on any QB.........

Less wins? I think this is what you would be hoping as a Houston fan. 11 wins was pretty impressive and is tough to do/match, especially with so much youth. But, who knows maybe we can match it again. Time will tell of course, too soon.

I think the real sophomore slump if it happens to Luck would be something unthinkable and horrific. Like losing to Houston in Indy. :eek:  :omg:  :woah:  -omg-  :Yikes:

What was that about Rodgers being the GOAT again? 2 one and dones in a row now...

I think, don't know if that's correct, that they defeated the Vikings last week. Not sure tho....

And c'mon, Rodgers isn't even the best Packers QB to play the game. The road is long, and assumptions won't work. Let's wait when everything is said and done, FOR REAL. I see the potential... maybe he can do it, but the 3 years watching Favre play can make a difference later....

What would be his slump?

More interceptions? He threw a ton this year.

No clutch ability? How does that get taken away in the regular season if it is in you naturally?

More hits/sacks? Is this possible? Ouch, I would not wish more hits on any QB.........

Less wins? I think this is what you would be hoping as a Houston fan. 11 wins was pretty impressive and is tough to do/match, especially with so much youth. But, who knows maybe we can match it again. Time will tell of course, too soon.

I think the real sophomore slump if it happens to Luck would be something unthinkable and horrific. Like losing to Houston in Indy. :eek:  :omg:  :woah:  -omg-  :Yikes:

Wow, you make it sound like he played pretty bad, lol.

I'm not going to jump in this argument because this topic has been beaten to death.

I wish I could find the better angle, but that play was clear PI.

lol Weddle even looks behind him expecting a flag after the INT. I could understand looking to his side, but turning his head around says it all. Also, nice tackling by our boys in blue. I know they're not paid to tackle, but how hard could it be to push someone out of bounds?

I'm dead serious. No one can do what he does. In terms of ability there is simply no one like him. He can do it all. His talents will bring him and the Packers more Super Bowls.

In terms of achievements, he already won a Super Bowl, so he's gotten the monkey off his back.

Had a GOAT regular season in 2011. Actually, when you look closer Rodgers season is just as impressive as 2004 Manning, and better than 2007 Brady.

Had Rodgers played in the last game against Detroit in the 2011 season and also not been pulled out of the 2-3 game in the 3rd or 4th quarter during the regular season, he would have broken both Marino's record (now Brees' record), Manning's record and Tom Brady's 50 TD record.

I mean Flynn threw 6 TDs against the Lions at home, at with the Rodgers had been playing all season, there is no reason to think he wouldn't. That would have secured him Manning's record and Brady's record. Had he "only" thrown for, let's say 3 or 4 TD in the last game, he could still have broken the 50 TD record, IF he had not been pulled out in those other games furing the season. I think Flynn threw a couple of TDs in those as well.

Rodgers could have broken it all, but he's not a statpadding machine like Brady (and Brees). He's more like Manning. Manning was also pulled from games in 2004, including almost the entire last game against Denver. Peyton could have thrown for 53-54 TD, maybe more, that season. Brady and Brees needed all the games and more throws to break those records. They were never pulled. Rodgers beat Mannings season rating record though, which is why I rank his 2011 season higher than Manning's.

Rodgers is the NFL's all-time career leader in passer rating during both the regular season with a rating of 104.9, and the postseason with a rating of 105.5. 

He also holds the league's lowest career pass interception percentage for quarterbacks during the regular season with a percentage of 1.81%.

He will have the stats AND hardware to support the claim.

Agree or disagree?

wow...

he's a freak with 2 knee surgeries....

He ca be all-pro but they need to get away fromthe 'read option; or he'll have a short career....

..and a lot of us said that beforehe got hurt

They can run the offense that they run now without having him running a lot. They just did that to capitalize on his strengths. Guy will be fine when he takes less hits.

Wow, you make it sound like he played pretty bad, lol.

I think he has a lot to clean up but so does our team. We just seemed to be more poised and clutch then expected for a young squad which helped us squeak out many games.

But, we have work to do no doubt. Luck was good this year, but yeah there is no doubt he has work to do. But, no he was not that bad haha I did not mean to make him sound like that.