Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Your most trusted mockers

Kiper,  McShay (and his staff),  Mayock,  Nolan Nawrocki (Pro Football Weekly)

All of these people could scout for NFL teams today.     Really.    Seriously.    Not exaggerating.    They understand what pros are looking for.    They look at hours and hours and hours of tape.  

It's what they do for a living.    This isn't a hobby for them.    It's their livelihood.      :worthy:

Most everyone else....     meh....     Not so much....

Not so much.

Kiper, McShay (and his staff), Mayock, Nolan Nawrocki (Pro Football Weekly)

All of these people could scout for NFL teams today. Really. Seriously. Not exaggerating. They understand what pros are looking for. They look at hours and hours and hours of tape.

It's what they do for a living. This isn't a hobby for them. It's their livelihood. :worthy:

Most everyone else.... meh.... Not so much....

Not so much.

mcshay and kiper way overrated. Horrible evaluators.

We disagree.

And, for me, at least,  the proof of their talent is their information is out there for people to see all the time, every year.    I'm going to link ESPN's draft page.   On it, you will see to the right, the list of Scouts Inc's top 32 players.   It has their grades.   

Now, if you look to the left, you will see a section of looking back at the most recent drafts.   You can click on each year and see who was drafted and the grade Scouts Inc had for each player.    I think their grades look pretty solid to me.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft

You just don't see many glaring mistakes.    Everyone in the evaluation business makes mistakes.   Doesn't matter what sport, if you're evaluating human beings for a living, you will make mistakes.

But the work for Kiper and McShay is there for people to see and judge.    

So, for me their work holds up and stands the test of time.

Just my two cents....

Kiper has been in BUSINESS since 1980, he doing something right.    And every team gets his publication whether they admit it or not.

But Chris Landry is the best.   He is on Fox Radio all the time.    And some NFL teams actually pay him to do scouting for them.    When he comes on the radio I listen.

Mayock is good also.   Kiper and McShay fall in love with "numbers" a tad too much for me.    Where as Landry and  Mayock put more emphasis on production ...   JMO

Personally I don't think all that much of McShay...      I do like Kiper though.