Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andy's Colts Recap

Andy

Like the Double A Breakdown, I've been doing this for a little while too, but this is the first on this site:

Texans 34 vs Colts 7

Scoring Summary

1st Quarter

FG N.Rackers 25 yd. Field Goal (13-73, 6:32)

TD D.Ward 1 yd. run (N.Rackers kick) (3-12, 1:17)

TD B.Tate 2 yd. run (N.Rackers kick) (3-18, 1:08)

2nd Quarter

TD A.Johnson 4 yd. pass from M.Schaub(N.Rackers kick) (10-89, 5:54)

FG N.Rackers 29 yd. Field Goal (9-51, 3:51)

TD J.Jones 79 yd. punt return (N.Rackers kick)

3rd Quarter

4th Quarter

TD R.Wayne 6 yd. pass from K.Collins(A.Vinatieri kick) (2-13, 1:10)

What the Colts did Right

The Colts played very well on defense in the 2nd half, holding the high flying Houston offense to 0 points. The Colts offense scored 7 points. The running game was generally good, averaging 4 yards a carry. Reggie Wayne had a great game, plus an amazing touchdown pass. Anthony Castonzo looked very good too. Even though it was a lopsided game, we had some great players. Melvin Bullit and Gary Brackett had a pick each. Pat McAfee also had a great game, and so did Pat Angerer. There's hope

What the the Colts did Wrong

Now... the bad. Should I mention names, or should I just say the whole first half. We got outscored 34-0 in the 1st half. That's unacceptable whether your playing PeeWee ball, Bantam, College, let alone the NFL. It's disgraceful and hard to watch. Jeff Linkenbach, the worst O-lineman in the NFL, was beat badly by Mario Williams all game and he's the reason why Kerry Collins got strip-sack in the 1st quarter. The pass defense was really bad, and the rush defense was awful. Arian Foster wasn't playing, but it didn't make a difference becuase Ben Tate ran all over us. We have a lot of improving to do before next game, especially on defense.

It's not that detailed because the Colts got killed...

We gave up ZERO points in the second half. They left 3-7 points on the field. Two turnovers from the QB on the Texans side of the field.

The Colts seemed to really goof trying to create blocking schemes for this Phillips 3-4.

Lots of work to do but I could easily have seen this game end with only a one score difference.

All in all I'm happy.....save for the dreadful protection. Manning would have struggled today had he played.

Like the Double A Breakdown, I've been doing this for a little while too, but this is the first on this site:

Texans 34 vs Colts 7

Scoring Summary

1st Quarter

FG N.Rackers 25 yd. Field Goal (13-73, 6:32)

TD D.Ward 1 yd. run (N.Rackers kick) (3-12, 1:17)

TD B.Tate 2 yd. run (N.Rackers kick) (3-18, 1:08)

2nd Quarter

TD A.Johnson 4 yd. pass from M.Schaub(N.Rackers kick) (10-89, 5:54)

FG N.Rackers 29 yd. Field Goal (9-51, 3:51)

TD J.Jones 79 yd. punt return (N.Rackers kick)

3rd Quarter

4th Quarter

TD R.Wayne 6 yd. pass from K.Collins(A.Vinatieri kick) (2-13, 1:10)

What the Colts did Right

The Colts played very well on defense in the 2nd half, holding the high flying Houston offense to 0 points. The Colts offense scored 7 points. The running game was generally good, averaging 4 yards a carry. Reggie Wayne had a great game, plus an amazing touchdown pass. Anthony Castonzo looked very good too. Even though it was a lopsided game, we had some great players. Melvin Bullit and Gary Brackett had a pick each. Pat McAfee also had a great game, and so did Pat Angerer. There's hope

What the the Colts did Wrong

Now... the bad. Should I mention names, or should I just say the whole first half. We got outscored 34-0 in the 1st half. That's unacceptable whether your playing PeeWee ball, Bantam, College, let alone the NFL. It's disgraceful and hard to watch. Jeff Linkenbach, the worst O-lineman in the NFL, was beat badly by Mario Williams all game and he's the reason why Kerry Collins got strip-sack in the 1st quarter. The pass defense was really bad, and the rush defense was awful. Arian Foster wasn't playing, but it didn't make a difference becuase Ben Tate ran all over us. We have a lot of improving to do before next game, especially on defense.

It's not that detailed because the Colts got killed...

Yea I was very disappointed in our run d. One thing I will say our defense was on the field a majority of the first half so fatigue could have played a roll as well. Never the less still disappointed.

In my opinion people are making too much about the Colts not giving up any points in the second half. The Texans were already up 34-0 at that point and probably just eased up subconsciously because they knew that they already had the game well in hand. We'll see how improved the D is in Cleveland next week.

Why Peyton has one ring

The Colts heard all week about how they were a one-man team and they came out and proved all of their doubters correct. The defense allowed five consecutive scores in the first half, the offense was non-existent and special teams allowed a touchdown in an embarrassment for the franchise.

A 46-yard kickoff return at the start the game was an instant reminder of how Peyton’s season came to an end a year ago (vs. NYJ). The defense unable to get a stop reminded us of how Peyton’s season ended two years ago (vs. NO).

Caldwell and staff had no answers and no solutions. Dallas Clark on Mario Williams? Twice? Schaub free to roll out on every down? Unable to stop the run? Dwight Freeney and Robert Mathis are premier pass rushers, not premier players, and were just as powerless as their teammates as Houston rattled off 34 straight points (without Arian Foster).

With all the hype going into this game by the Colts players saying that they are a team of 53 and that they will come to play and win this game lied to themselves. The whole team didn't show up in the first half, not sure why this happened but it did. The defense looks like the defense of old (not being able to stop anybody).

In my opinion people are making too much about the Colts not giving up any points in the second half. The Texans were already up 34-0 at that point and probably just eased up subconsciously because they knew that they already had the game well in hand. We'll see how improved the D is in Cleveland next week.

I agree completely. There was no improvement on D in the 2nd half. The Texans could have scored 60 points if they wanted to. I have seen the Colts do many times, where they kind of took their foot off the pedel and didn't run up the score. We had no answer for their run game or pass game, our defense was awful in every facet of the game. If it makes people feel better that the Texans didn't score in the 2nd half, well good for them, but I can assure everybody it wasn't because the Colts magically became the Steel Curtain.

With all the hype going into this game by the Colts players saying that they are a team of 53 and that they will come to play and win this game lied to themselves. The whole team didn't show up in the first half, not sure why this happened but it did. The defense looks like the defense of old (not being able to stop anybody).

They showed up but what they brought to the picnic sucked!

we suck our defence is horrible which every real colt fans knows just wont say it and our offence is horrible it only looks ok because peyton makes it look good garcon = bum collie = bum freeney and mathis= bums cant stop the run can only get sacks if peyton gets us a 10 point lead and they knowopp is gonna pass our dt are 200 pds = bums i love the colts because i was here before polian and manning but the front office is a joke. get some real proven talent in there go sign garrad go get t.o go get pat williams we NEED THEM and to everyone who always had something bad to say everytime i made a comment i was right we suck go sign free agents go get moss and some real dt and lb's. blow this cover 2 scheme up and the whole team except manning it will be easy to be dominant again by next yr we got a lot of trade bait starting with freeney and mathis get some complete DE ones that are not afraid of contact some 6'4 lb's and some bears for dt's and on offence sign some free agaents and were good

we suck our defence is horrible which every real colt fans knows just wont say it and our offence is horrible it only looks ok because peyton makes it look good garcon = bum collie = bum freeney and mathis= bums cant stop the run can only get sacks if peyton gets us a 10 point lead and they knowopp is gonna pass our dt are 200 pds = bums i love the colts because i was here before polian and manning but the front office is a joke. get some real proven talent in there go sign garrad go get t.o go get pat williams we NEED THEM and to everyone who always had something bad to say everytime i made a comment i was right we suck go sign free agents go get moss and some real dt and lb's. blow this cover 2 scheme up and the whole team except manning it will be easy to be dominant again by next yr we got a lot of trade bait starting with freeney and mathis get some complete DE ones that are not afraid of contact some 6'4 lb's and some bears for dt's and on offence sign some free agaents and were good

Go away you wet blanket. You have no idea what you're talking about. You have no idea about football. You make no sense, ever, never have, never will.

People here hate you because you suck at talking football. Now you're crying like a child, urinating on a team that you claim to be a fan of.

You are exactly what people mean when they talk about FAKE FANS, yes, fake fans exist.

I wish I could negative rep more than once per day. If I could, I would sit here all day and click your negative rep button, until my frickin mouse broke.

Congratulations, you have graduated from ignorant fan to all out foolish troll.

I'd make a conscious effort to ease off when up by 34. Of course. It's a long season and that's prudent. Manning is the only one that can make a 28pt comeback in 5mins & we don't have that threat.

14 of those points covered just 30 yards when TX got the ball pretty much point-blank. 7 more off a kick return. The score set the tone for most of the game, of course, and we weren't able to stick with any semblence of what I'd imagine was an original game plan on either side of the ball. That in mind, 0 pts allowed + effort, being able to generate turnovers, and get some big plays from our LBs is better than giving up 34. Just saying.

I'd have enjoyed seeing our run game in a 4qtr close contest. Would've helped the D's cause as well as Collins'.

Go away you wet blanket. You have no idea what you're talking about. You have no idea about football. You make no sense, ever, never have, never will.

People here hate you because you suck at talking football. Now you're crying like a child, urinating on a team that you claim to be a fan of.

You are exactly what people mean when they talk about FAKE FANS, yes, fake fans exist.

I wish I could negative rep more than once per day. If I could, I would sit here all day and click your negative rep button, until my frickin mouse broke.

Congratulations, you have graduated from ignorant fan to all out foolish troll.

lol.... and I would positive rep yours all day bro!! Well put

Emotions are hight lol... Well the colts are gonna get another heavy dose from payton hillis next sunday. The colts need to let tyler and anderson AND johnson play on obvious rundowns... the colts always have foster on obvious rundowns... Like seriously who is the one keeping him in there?

premier pass rushers lol but the thing is we get pounded on the ground so there useless unless we have a lead ill much rather have an complete de instead of just pass rushers....brett kiesel haloti nagta etc are much better complete de and football players

I would put you on ignore but I need you to make me feel smarter than I am.

It works. You are the sandwich that feeds my ego.

and if our team was so talented kerry collins shouldnt have a problem but we have no play makers it was always just peyton wayne and harrison and the edge thats all peyton ever had everbody else were bums ive watched us get put out the playoffs year after year because our dumb d cant stop the run and our special teams sucks and its facts. power beats speed in playoff football its trench war and our o line is weak and our d line is weak

and if our team was so talented kerry collins shouldnt have a problem but we have no play makers it was always just peyton wayne and harrison and the edge thats all peyton ever had everbody else were bums ive watched us get put out the playoffs year after year because our dumb d cant stop the run and our special teams sucks and its facts. power beats speed in playoff football its trench war and our o line is weak and our d line is weak

No crap our offense and defense was bad today

But don't get all stupid saying trading Mathis and freeny. We have talent stonehead, it's just that Manning is a big * part of the team, which is obvious. You can certainly expressed your ticked, but don't be a football clown..

(I tried to use the least offensive things I could mods, sorry)

Mod Edit for offensive language

if yall are true colts fans like you guys say. then yall did not know the texans were going to run all over us we have the same d the same players and the same thing happens every year. play the colts and your running back will have a career day am i lying?????????????

no i agree we cant stop the run same as last year but the fo will fix it, they will sign another undrafted free agent

well i dont think they will fix it because polian doesnt wanna say his system does not work we havent been able to stop the run since the jim harbaugh era....when we didnt run stupid cover 2 speed scheme

i dont think we can stop the run with our 4-3 defense abd i say out with the "let them catch the ball, then tackle" defense

A bright spot on the game (and really promising) was the play of Castonzo. I rewatched the game and both on run and pass blocking he had great performance. Even on the first fumble by Collins up the middle, he was completely manhandling Mario Williams.

Trying to look for good things out of this game is difficult right now, but at least our first selection has gone to a great start (something the last two have failed to do).

On the other hand, Link is probably gonna be replaced in the next couple of weeks. On both sacks by Mario Williams he was supposed to help Dallas. You could see that because in both plays he went for the double team inside at first and then tried to come back in a hurry to help Clark. Obviously, he didn't have a chance at reaching them.

if yall are true colts fans like you guys say. then yall did not know the texans were going to run all over us we have the same d the same players and the same thing happens every year. play the colts and your running back will have a career day am i lying?????????????

Either that or you have no idea what you are talking about.

a) The D has many new faces this year

b) Prior year run D problems have often had as much to do with performance as personnel. Results vary over time.

c) The first half turnovers and 3/outs lost the game by early in the second quarter. Not much after that is relevant long term. I saw many plays on defense that were very impressive and give me hope for the rest of the season.