Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Cassius Vaughn

lollygagger8

Why did it take us 3 quarters to figure out that Cassius Vaughn was getting burnt constantly and has absolutely now idea where the ball is at any time???

It only took Baltimore half that time to figure it out.

I had people over Sunday for the game, and I even said at the beginning of the game, man when they figure out that Cassius Vaughn doesn't know how to even look for the ball, they will expose him. (I should've bought some lottery tickets yesterday)

We didn't take Vaughn out and put Butler in until the 3rd quarter. The Boldin TD on Butler was a pretty awesome play by Boldin I'll give him that. But at least Butler tried to defend it.

I know we all know Vaughn is a liability, but dang.....he got exploited yesterday. :(

I had known for quite some time that Vaughn was awful.  He had the one game that gave us an ounce of hope when he played well and had an INT

Truth be told, the number 32 stands for greatness in Edgerrin James, and why would ANYONE be wearing THAT jersey in a year that the Edge goes into the Colts Ring of Honor......get that jersey off of Cassius Vaughn today......and raise it to the rafters game one this upcoming season!!!!  GO  :coltslogo:  :coltslogo:  :coltslogo:  :colts:  :colts:  :colts: !!!!!

Vaughn was a decent Nickel other than that he should not have been starting over Butler. If Butler is coached up a bit I believe he could be a good CB. I think he will get that coaching this off-season. If both he and Davis play at full potential then we will have a scary pair of CBs. IMO

I think Butler is light years ahead of Vaughn.

Butler plays excellent in nickel, and is ok in coverage on Wideouts.

Vaughn should be bagging groceries. I can't stand it when he acts all bad when the ball hits him in the helmet.

His play was atrocious yesterday. :(

He did not play the ball one single time........enough said....he got scorched  :explode:  :Nuke:  :pcsmash:

having top safeties and lb's that can help in coverage would go a long way to improving the colt corners. if a qb has time, good wr's, and the cb has no help, very few cb's are going to be able to look good. zbikowsky and freeney are complete zeros in coverage, and the other lb's aren't very good in coverage ether. to make things worse, freeney isn't the pass rush threat that he used to be. there is only room for one rush lb in this system (mathis). if the colts take care of these problems i think you will see improvement in the cb's.

Two things I learned from our playoff loss........ Cassius Vaughn is terrible he couldn't cover a high school player and he had one good game for us all season all I can say is be better not be back next year and #2 Winston Justice got hurt again that dude gets hurt walking onto the field so he should be gone to. Grigson really needs to spend on free agency and get our defense going and add another BIG name WR to line up opposite of Wayne so we have Wayne and Hilton in the slot but I am sorry Avery nor Brazil are #2 WR's we need Bowe or Wallace.

Two things I learned from our playoff loss........ Cassius Vaughn is terrible he couldn't cover a high school player and he had one good game for us all season all I can say is be better not be back next year and #2 Winston Justice got hurt again that dude gets hurt walking onto the field so he should be gone to. Grigson really needs to spend on free agency and get our defense going and add another BIG name WR to line up opposite of Wayne so we have Wayne and Hilton in the slot but I am sorry Avery nor Brazil are #2 WR's we need Bowe or Wallace.
You just can't go buy a whole new team in one offseason. First priority is the oline hands down!!! After that, offense is good enough to win games, we know that from watching a really bad oline all year. On defense, you are going to lose Free ey and like him or think he has lost something, he commanded attention and now he will need a replacement. Chapman coming in and playing well will help and of the ends and the ILB in the attack mode but if we lose Freeney and Chapman is not the guy we hoped he would be, this defense is going to take at least 2 seasons to fix.

FA has to produce 2 quality starters on the oline, has to. Going to have to produce one quality starter on defense as well at either CB, SS, OLB and possibly at DE. The draft has to get solid players on defense for the future and hope they can contribute in the year 2013. It's too bad Jerry Hughes never developed into anything. Maybe a contract year will force him to blow up !

You can't put blame on Butler for getting scored on. He came off the Bench to stick a WR who was already Hot due to Vaughn's Lack of Good Defense. Butler was bound to get Scored on. I don't fault him at all because he made a great play by getting his hand in there but Boldin has always had Strong Hands. That was a Good play by Butler, better play by Boldin imo

Does anyone want to consider what life could have been like without the trade for Vontae? 

Vaughan is awful, Butler could be decent enough given time and having the motivation to play to his ceiling but I wouldn't want to stick in straight in at #2. If we don't pick up a CB in the draft or FA I'll be amazed. 

Like others have alluded to as well what really gets me is Vaughan has all the swagger without any of the skills that pay the bills. I mean really, even Colts fans think you look a complete * when you jump up and down like a man possessed for "defending" a ball that was never going to be caught anyway. 

Besides Vaughn, I could name some players who were not a factor in yesterday's game.  I know there is a thread on here already about players that have not been productive the entire year and should be cut.  I agree that Vaughn should be cut but another name that stood out for me yesterday was Zib.  He's horrible.  He's afraid to tackle.  Bethea also did poorly.  I know we need to address the O-line big time but this is not what the topic is all about.  Just saying that our secondary needs a major restructuring.  Davis is great but we still need a #2 along with better safeties.  Can't wait for the draft and the FA.

Besides Vaughn, I could name some players who were not a factor in yesterday's game.  I know there is a thread on here already about players that have not been productive the entire year and should be cut.  I agree that Vaughn should be cut but another name that stood out for me yesterday was Zib.  He's horrible.  He's afraid to tackle.  Bethea also did poorly.  I know we need to address the O-line big time but this is not what the topic is all about.  Just saying that our secondary needs a major restructuring.  Davis is great but we still need a #2 along with better safeties.  Can't wait for the draft and the FA.

I was pretty disappointed in Bethea all season. He seemed to not have the impact he had in previous years, and his actual play seemed to be a little off all year. Previously, he was a guy youjust didnt get by. Guys seemed to have a pretty easy time getting past him.

I was pretty disappointed in Bethea all season. He seemed to not have the impact he had in previous years, and his actual play seemed to be a little off all year. Previously, he was a guy youjust didnt get by. Guys seemed to have a pretty easy time getting past him.

I agree. He made a lot of tackles, but he also missed a lot of tackles, got stiff-armed quite a bit, and didn't really seem to make any plays against the pass. Very nonplussed by Bethea this season.

Even though Vaughn didn't have a good game, I put the majority of the blame on our pass rush.  Flacco had WAY TOO LONG to sit in the pocket yesterday.

That's been the main problem all year, in my opinion..........

Vaughn still sucks though