Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Great Day For Colts Fans

MCurtis32

All of you guys are right. 1. Caldwell is a wonderfull coach. That inspirational speech at the beginning and at half time must have been something special. 2. Polian has been a genius since Manning came along.Probably could have had the same success with any interchangeable QB. Moore and mudd wanted to retire, only to go to other teams. They must have still wanted to coach. Mr. Polian. Walk ons,undrafted free agents and small atheletes play soccer or work at wal-mart. If manning was healthy today, we would still loose today because the texans have a better team.

Ya know what I'm taking from this game? We had one awful first half, yes. And it was going to happen. Ya can't have a qb be with the team two weeks and not have kinks. But the Colts came out in that second half and showed us something. Outscored them, I grant 7-0, but if it'd been a closer first half that coulda been enough, and didnt allow a single score the second half. So once they get things worked out, they'll be fine.

Ya know what I'm taking from this game? We had one awful first half, yes. And it was going to happen. Ya can't have a qb be with the team two weeks and not have kinks. But the Colts came out in that second half and showed us something. Outscored them, I grant 7-0, but if it'd been a closer first half that coulda been enough, and didnt allow a single score the second half. So once they get things worked out, they'll be fine.

We on the same page brother.

There's going to be a lot of "I told you we stink" type of posts. I understand the frustration, but like you said, it's going to take some time.

I won't be surprised if we have the same record as the Texans after 6 games.

All of you guys are right. 1. Caldwell is a wonderfull coach. That inspirational speech at the beginning and at half time must have been something special. 2. Polian has been a genius since Manning came along.Probably could have had the same success with any interchangeable QB. Moore and mudd wanted to retire, only to go to other teams. They must have still wanted to coach. Mr. Polian. Walk ons,undrafted free agents and small atheletes play soccer or work at wal-mart. If manning was healthy today, we would still loose today because the texans have a better team.

Feel better now?

I don't think I have to say the obvious.

I'd get banned for a week anyway.

I will also point out that no one is gonna scream the sky is falling for the Kansas City Chiefs season, and yet they got beat worse than we did, with all their starters, but a worse team than the one we lost to. This kind of game can happen to any team. Our guys are going to be fine. We gotta get some questions answered up front on offense, and just sure up a little on d, but the second half d is making me not say that too much. So offensive line is biggest question we need to address.

I will also point out that no one is gonna scream the sky is falling for the Kansas City Chiefs season, and yet they got beat worse than we did, with all their starters, but a worse team than the one we lost to. This kind of game can happen to any team. Our guys are going to be fine. We gotta get some questions answered up front on offense, and just sure up a little on d, but the second half d is making me not say that too much. So offensive line is biggest question we need to address.

Or how about Pittsburgh? At least WE have a reason we lost.

To the originator of this post:

Yeah, It IS a good day for die-hard Colt fans. FOOTBALL IS BACK!

I can't believe anyone thought we had a chance in this one. Houston has been planning for this one since the schedule came out, and before.

We have a New OL, new QB with a week of practice. What did anyone expect? Its gonna take time.

I didn't see the game since it wasn't broadcast in my area but maybe the Texans are that good this year?

Regardless, season isn't over yet. Even without Peyton, I still believe the Colts are good enough to at least make the playoffs. They need to prepare themselves mentally more than anything.

And any rational football fan knows that the line is going to take time to gel. Our coaching staff concerns me more than the talent on the field. Leaving Dallas to block Williams was ridiculous.

I can understand the O-Line needing time to gel, but our ST coach has no excuse. The guy has yet to show that he's capable of being a pro coach. Apparently there is a reason he spent so many years in college.

Steelers gave up more points to a worse offense than the one we faced today. And lost by as big an amount. And Big Ben threw 3 int's. Kerry Collins threw none. Will we hear analysts say Collins is better than Ben? Nope. They'll say it happens. 2 teams with no excuses loss today too, Indy has an excuse, not that they'll use it as one. I saw bad. But I saw plenty of good to build off of. Let's do this COLTS!

Pittsburgh's point total matched how many times they gave up the ball today (7), and I'm sure their fans aren't giving up their season. And they had just about all their guys from last year healthy for the most part I believe.

That's just how it goes. We probably have a better excuse for losing, but any team can lose ANYTIME.

Speaking to our game, most of the points they put up WE practically handed to them with costly turnovers. Once Collins has more time with the offense, I'm sure it'll get better.

I agree, ive been saying it for a long time about the coaching and the D scheme we have had. They are not right for the NFL. You cant play small ball and you cant build team around 1 guy. That was the worst game I have seen the Colts play in over 40 years that I can remember. Irsay and Polian just dont get it. They had the greatest of all time (GOAT) qb and only won 1 SB and honestly we were very lucky that our D worked for the 4 games it needed to, the only 4 playoff games it has ever worked. We are now the laughing stock of the NFL, we are a penciled in win for every team we face. All because we build a team around 1 guy and cant see the whole picture.

Or how about Pittsburgh? At least WE have a reason we lost.

To the originator of this post:

Yeah, It IS a good day for die-hard Colt fans. FOOTBALL IS BACK!

I can't believe anyone thought we had a chance in this one. Houston has been planning for this one since the schedule came out, and before.

We have a New OL, new QB with a week of practice. What did anyone expect? Its gonna take time.

Your no better of a fan than anyone else, Colts stink, Caldwell stinks, thats the reality of it. You can rationalize it all you want in your head but, that was the WORST Colts game Ive seen. No team should look like that with 1 guy gone. Tells me this team stinks. We dont have the coach to turn this team around, or the players.

Your no better of a fan than anyone else, Colts stink, Caldwell stinks, thats the reality of it. You can rationalize it all you want in your head but, that was the WORST Colts game Ive seen. No team should look like that with 1 guy gone. Tells me this team stinks. We dont have the coach to turn this team around, or the players.

Did we stink last year after getting whipped just as bad? With that 1 guy there?

I'm not saying that we're a great or even good team. I'm just saying that you should reserve judgement for a few weeks.

(I don't know how long you've been a Colts fan, but I've seen MANY worse games than that. Just sayin)

Pittsburgh got beat pretty badly WITH their starting QB. Same thing with KC. Atlanta didn't have that great of a game either

The Packers gave up as many, the Steelers got beat worse, the Falcons didn't score an offensive TD and KC got beat worse by the frickin Bills, and there are still 7 games to play. Maybe the Colts can hire one of those coaches when their fans decide they should be fired for losing 1 game. It's week one, offseason training was shortened, there has been a lot of player movement, Peyton Manning is out indefinitely and the backup got here 17 days ago. Perspective, yee of little faith.

Did we stink last year after getting whipped just as bad? With that 1 guy there?

I'm not saying that we're a great or even good team. I'm just saying that you should reserve judgement for a few weeks.

(I don't know how long you've been a Colts fan, but I've seen MANY worse games than that. Just sayin)

Been a Colts fan since 1967 and have never seen such a poor performance by a Colts team. I dont care about the score because it was allot worse than the score. We lost in the first round of the playoffs because we did not have a defense that can stop the opposing team. You cant tell me that our D has been good over the last 12 years. Like I said, its only worked over 1 important 4 game run. Anybody with PM is going to the playoffs, but it takes more to go and win a SB than what we have had. The front office has let all of us down IMO. While it has been nice winning in the reg season we have a terible record over the last 10 years in the playoffs. 1 SB is not acceptible to me with the GOAT QB. I watched the game today with other Colts fans here in AZ and we are going to meet every sun to watch as much as we can take of the game,. I am hoping that Collins can do better, but this D cant stay on the field as long as they did today and be competitive. IMO, the Colts have very little chance of winning more than 3 games, if that at this point. I dont have confidiance in Caldwells ability do make things work. That is the biggest reason Im not giving us much of a chance. He went for a field goal instead of a first down when we were getting slaughtered. Stupid, he wasnt even trying to win.

This loss has nothing to do with a rusty GB. And yes, the season is not over. It is a fact, Since Manning came to the Colts, they have drafted no better than 25th pick. This nice run of playoff seasons has been expensive. They have gotten lucky with a few undrafted free agents. Defensive and offensive lineman are not a dime a dozen. The above average athletes get drafted. Granted, I did not get to see the game. Direct tv was screwed up for most of the game. I hope they looked better than the score. My point is..... The Dolphin's Marino always carried that team to 10 plus wins a year. They never got a good running game and thier defense was just like the colts. Now here we are, no next man up philosphy is going to work. Please, lets get a coaching staff to build a solid team from top to bottom. If they could build a solid team with a great GB instead of a great GB with average players, the sky would be the limit.

The Colts will be just fine this season. Game 1 is what it was but they got into a semi good offense and defense the 2nd half. I know there are a lot of haters out there saying Caldwell can't coach and all this but the truth is that he is a decent coach.

The Colts will be just fine this season. Game 1 is what it was but they got into a semi good offense and defense the 2nd half. I know there are a lot of haters out there saying Caldwell can't coach and all this but the truth is that he is a decent coach.

Absolutly disagree with you. You use the hate word which does not aply here at all. Just because I think Caldwell stinks, that dosnt meen I HATE him. I cant help it if you cant handle the critisism. If you think the Colts will be fine then you go with that. I think they are in real trouble and thats my opinion.

Absolutly disagree with you. You use the hate word which does not aply here at all. Just because I think Caldwell stinks, that dosnt meen I HATE him. I cant help it if you cant handle the critisism. If you think the Colts will be fine then you go with that. I think they are in real trouble and thats my opinion.

Don't you know your not a TRUE colt fan if you criticize them?How dare you give a honest opinion.

I agree, ive been saying it for a long time about the coaching and the D scheme we have had. They are not right for the NFL. You cant play small ball and you cant build team around 1 guy. That was the worst game I have seen the Colts play in over 40 years that I can remember. Irsay and Polian just dont get it. They had the greatest of all time (GOAT) qb and only won 1 SB and honestly we were very lucky that our D worked for the 4 games it needed to, the only 4 playoff games it has ever worked. We are now the laughing stock of the NFL, we are a penciled in win for every team we face. All because we build a team around 1 guy and cant see the whole picture.

I guess you never watched the 41-0 spanking the Jets gave us in the playoffs? Perhaps for your 40 years of watching the Colts, you're either getting senile OR have a bad memory. Take your pick.

Do you mind if I push you off the bandwagon?

This was a bad game, but hardly the worst game ever in 40 years for the Colts franchise. Who writes your material? Is that you, Carlos Mencia?

I guess you never watched the 41-0 spanking the Jets gave us in the playoffs? Perhaps for your 40 years of watching the Colts, you're either getting senile OR have a bad memory. Take your pick.

Do you mind if I push you off the bandwagon?

I saw the game, but Colts looked worse IMO today. Sticks and stones buddy. You have nothing to contribute to any discusion. That jets game was not good, but Colts were in the middle of building at that time. This team has been built and lost 1 player and it tells you what kind of a job the front office has really done. Do I need to make letters bigger for you?

Don't you know your not a TRUE colt fan if you criticize them?How dare you give a honest opinion.

I know, its amazing these people. I dont see how you can not see that we are in trouble and it dosnt matter if you disagree, tell me what you see that I dont, all they do is call names because they have nothing. Its actually funny

Been a Colts fan since 1967 and have never seen such a poor performance by a Colts team. I dont care about the score because it was allot worse than the score. We lost in the first round of the playoffs because we did not have a defense that can stop the opposing team. You cant tell me that our D has been good over the last 12 years. Like I said, its only worked over 1 important 4 game run. Anybody with PM is going to the playoffs, but it takes more to go and win a SB than what we have had. The front office has let all of us down IMO. While it has been nice winning in the reg season we have a terible record over the last 10 years in the playoffs. 1 SB is not acceptible to me with the GOAT QB. I watched the game today with other Colts fans here in AZ and we are going to meet every sun to watch as much as we can take of the game,. I am hoping that Collins can do better, but this D cant stay on the field as long as they did today and be competitive. IMO, the Colts have very little chance of winning more than 3 games, if that at this point. I dont have confidiance in Caldwells ability do make things work. That is the biggest reason Im not giving us much of a chance. He went for a field goal instead of a first down when we were getting slaughtered. Stupid, he wasnt even trying to win.

Whoa, you're all over the map. If you've been a football fan, much less a Colts fan, for that long you must know that "1 SB is not acceptible with the GOAT QB" is (IMHO) a worthless argument. Since you added "to me", then that's your opinion and I respect it, but don't agree.

It's a fact that you can't get to the SB unless you make the playoffs. Once in the playoffs, anyone can win. When was the last time a #1 seed won it all? The Colts weren't the best team when we won it, and were the year before and in 09 when we lost it.

I understand your frustration, and that it's been pretty hot in AZ for a while now. But let me ask, did you feel the same way after game 1 last year? Weren't you kind of amazed that we even made the playoffs considering all the injuries? I won't disagree about the coaching, but except for STs I don't think it's been horrible.

Guilt trip?

I never said anything about being a better fan.

I just refuse to let one game ruin even five minutes of my life. Its a game!

A game that I'm not even a member of the team. I have no ownership, etc. I just like "my" Colts. period

I just "enjoy" being a fan of the Colts. Am I bummed, yeah. REAL bummed. But I'm not gonna let it affect my life or my happiness. Next week, I'll get excited and hope for the best like every other week. If we lose or get killed again, so be it. I'll forget it and wait for the Steelers game.

I learned all too well years ago, what is REALLY important in life. I won't go into the details because it doesn't matter. Although I truly feel sorry for anyone who doesn't come to that realization at some point in their life.

Unfortunately, it usually takes something really bad to happen until you truly "wake up".

It's ONLY football in the end.