Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Griffin wounded.

House

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think some people are over reacting a bit to a little joke that wasn't meant at all to be in any way sick or evil.

Good Lord people, I fell on ice on new yrs. day, broke 3 ribs, got a cracked shoulder bone and cracked elbow and yet my family and friends have been poking at me all week about being clumsy. Its not a big deal.

Best comment ever... sometimes laughter is the best medicine.

haha Ken you should be in a tree because your a nut!!

No I did not just make that up......

This is the variety of comedy genius one usually can only expect to find while watching SpongeBob Squarepants. Brilliant sir, well played use of trees as a reference point in a joke. 

So i'm not an injury expert but if it's a torn acl/mcl, isn't he going to miss some time when the next season starts? Peterson came back really quick and was hurt one week earlier.

AP is not a normal human being. 

I really hope the best for Griffin. I think his coaches let him down. 

So i'm not an injury expert but if it's a torn acl/mcl, isn't he going to miss some time when the next season starts? Peterson came back really quick and was hurt one week earlier.

8-12 mos usually. Peterson is a freak of nature, probably varies on how bad it is. If its even torn, Derek Rose has been out for ages it seems.

Still not funny, even if you are right.

Aren't you the guy that used to have a picture of a horse and Peyton Manning's head on it in order to make fun of him?  And then you come onto this board in order to show it off?  We should put you in charge of politically correct.  

8-12 mos usually. Peterson is a freak of nature, probably varies on how bad it is. If its even torn, Derek Rose has been out for ages it seems.

Rose has been out about 9 months and he isn't close to returning yet , at least according to the Chicago sports station WSCR .

Aren't you the guy that used to have a picture of a horse and Peyton Manning's head on it in order to make fun of him? And then you come onto this board in order to show it off? We should put you in charge of politically correct.

Peyton Manning is a Bronco. I like the Broncos. Go figure.

Rose has been out about 9 months and he isn't close to returning yet , at least according to the Chicago sports station WSCR .

Yeah that's what it seems regarding Rose. Seems like it varies person to person and the severity of the tear. Peterson is just probably the most perfect physical specimen on the face of the planet, a true freak of nature.

Robert Griffin is getting beat up this game.

Whoever cleared him needs to be hit, because clearly he wasn't ready.

Hopefully this doesn't affect him long term because he's down right now and not getting up....

Looks like a poor decision in hindsight.  OTOH, didn't Philip Rivers play an AFCCG game on a torn ACL a few years ago?  In the playoffs, tough guys want the ball.  and their teammates remember it as well.

Looks like a poor decision in hindsight.  OTOH, didn't Philip Rivers play an AFCCG game on a torn ACL a few years ago?  In the playoffs, tough guys want the ball.  and their teammates remember it as well.

I don't remember the exact nature of his injury, but I do remember whatever it was, was worse than Tomlinson's injury and Tomlinson sat out that game

Griffin, too, is an exceptional athlete and even if it's torn I expect him to be back before the season begins. The more concerning thing is he already tore that ACL once.

I wouldn't compare anyone to Adrian Peterson...the guy is a physical freak. Heard Bob Stoops telling Peterson stories on the radio one day.....not human

I wouldn't compare anyone to Adrian Peterson...the guy is a physical freak. Heard Bob Stoops telling Peterson stories on the radio one day.....not human

Surely. But Griffin also came back against Philly and was at least decently effective before he likely tweaked the knee again. He's a track athlete by nature so he's got a strong lower body which will definitely help in any recovery process.

I don't wish injury on RG3 and hate to see him getting hurt but two things have been made clear about RG3.

1.  He is one heck of a play maker when he's healthy.

2.  There is very real reason to be concerned about him being able to stay healthy.  If you don't believe me look no further than the Redskins they don't Cousins in the fourth round if they weren't concerned about RG3's ability to stay healthy. 

With that said I hope he isn't seriously injured but history has told me anytime you have James Andrews concerned about you and you are a pro-athlete it's not good news. 

Seriously man...this has brought me almost to the brink of tears.   Regardless of whether or not you are rooting for RG3 this game...no one wants to see the guy get hurt.  I am so angry at Shanahan right now.

Shanahan has been putting RG3 in harms way for the last couple weeks knowing full well that knee ain't right.  His detached head downward look on the sidelines with RG3 scrawling on the ground in pain infuriated me.  He should have taken Griffin out a long time ago. 

Shanahan is not a good coach, and I think he's very overrated. This does not surprise me one bit. You know he was going to get hurt sooner or later in this game as hard as they were hitting him.

They need to do 3 things

Take him out when he's hurt

Make him STOP the stupid running around which is going to continue to get him injured

and number 3. get an offensive line. The kid barely has any protection unless you know...if he's playing the Cowboys who give him all day to throw.

Shanahan is not a good coach, and I think he's very overrated. This does not surprise me one bit. You know he was going to get hurt sooner or later in this game as hard as they were hitting him.

They need to do 3 things

Take him out when he's hurt

Make him STOP the stupid running around which is going to continue to get him injured

and number 3. get an offensive line. The kid barely has any protection unless you know...if he's playing the Cowboys who give him all day to throw.

Let us get the good o line players first, please. ;)

I am shocked Luck didn't get hurt this year, that is the future of the NFL. That kid is our next Brett Favre, please don't let him get hurt.

He's an absolute tank. It is imparative to fix and build this OL into something special though because I don't want to see him get knocked down, hurried or sacked a 5,294,920,104,000,184,939 times.

Good God, there are too many Monday morning quarterbacks and to make things worst is still Sunday night. In all my years of watching sports, hearing commentary, talking with friends, and most recently surfing net on fan boards a few things about the history of sports comes to mind . . .

Willis Reed comes out of the locker room in game 7 of the '69-'70 NBA Championships (a torn thigh muscle that kept him out of game 6) he scored on his first two shots and not again for the rest of the game and he is forever remember for it. btw that moment has be rated by some as the greatest moment in Madison Square Garden history and its history is long . . . also, I actually quote the "Willis Reed" moment when other players come out after an injury . . . and btw Willis Reed career was cut short due to injuries . . .

In Game 1 of the 1988 World Series, the Dodgers were trailing 4-3 with a man on first base and two outs, Krik Gibson, who had a stomach virus and hurt both legs in the NLCS should of stayed on the bench, but Tommy Lasorda risking further injury, decides to have Gibson pinch hit and after fighting off an 0-2 count, he hit a home run and we are forever blessed with seeing him hobble around the bases whilst pumping his fist . . .

in more recent news . . . LT hurt his leg against you guys and is sitting on the bench with his helmit on and jacket against the pats in the 2007 AFCCG . . . and some question his toughness . . . meanwhile his QB, with a torn ACL, plays the entire game and many call him a gamer . . .

in the 2010 NFCCG, in the mano mano game between the century long rivals of the Bears and Packers, they faced off at legendary Soldiers Fields and Jay Cutler voluntarily takes himself out of the game due to a knee injury and his is ripped by many in the public as being soft . . .

In the 2012 WC game, an injuried RGIII plays in a game, which is the first home playoff game for the team in about 20 years for this proud franchise, and he twists his knee trying to get to a bad snap and his cleat gets stuck in the horrendous field and with no defender near him and people want to see his coach fired . . .

I just don't get it , either everyone is a hero and gamer or all of their coaches are inept . . . its one way or the other folks, people can't have their cake and eat it too . . .

He's an absolute tank. It is imparative to fix and build this OL into something special though because I don't want to see him get knocked down, hurried or sacked a 5,294,920,104,000,184,939 times.

What about 5,294,920,104,000,184,940 times? haha 

Good God, there are too many Monday morning quarterbacks and to make things worst is still Sunday night. In all my years of watching sports, hearing commentary, talking with friends, and most recently surfing net on fan boards a few things about the history of sports comes to mind . . .

Willis Reed comes out of the locker room in game 7 of the '69-'70 NBA Championships (a torn thigh muscle that kept him out of game 6) he scored on his first two shots and not again for the rest of the game and he is forever remember for it. btw that moment has be rated by some as the greatest moment in Madison Square Garden history and its history is long . . . also, I actually quote the "Willis Reed" moment when other players come out after an injury . . . and btw Willis Reed career was cut short due to injuries . . .

In Game 1 of the 1988 World Series, the Dodgers were trailing 4-3 with a man on first base and two outs, Krik Gibson, who had a stomach virus and hurt both legs in the NLCS should of stayed on the bench, but Tommy Lasorda risking further injury, decides to have Gibson pinch hit and after fighting off an 0-2 count, he hit a home run and we are forever blessed with seeing him hobble around the bases whilst pumping his fist . . .

in more recent news . . . LT hurt his leg against you guys and is sitting on the bench with his helmit on and jacket against the pats in the 2007 AFCCG . . . and some question his toughness . . . meanwhile his QB, with a torn ACL, plays the entire game and many call him a gamer . . .

in the 2010 NFCCG, in the mano mano game between the century long rivals of the Bears and Packers, they faced off at legendary Soldiers Fields and Jay Cutler voluntarily takes himself out of the game due to a knee injury and his is ripped by many in the public as being soft . . .

In the 2012 WC game, an injuried RGIII plays in a game, which is the first home playoff game for the team in about 20 years for this proud franchise, and he twists his knee trying to get to a bad snap and his cleat gets stuck in the horrendous field and with no defender near him and people want to see his coach fired . . .

I just don't get it , either everyone is a hero and gamer or all of their coaches are inept . . . its one way or the other folks, people can't have their cake and eat it too . . .

Nicely done, very valid points!!!

Very true, Yehoodi.This will be a game that defines RG3's career, be it for his toughness/leadership, penchant for injuries, or otherwise. I hope for the former but am scared for the latter.

Careers don't get defined in their rookie year