Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I didnt know how much coach Pagan o meant to the Baltimore players

oldunclemark

He spent four years in Baltimore and has known Ed Reed since he was a kid coming out of high school. I wasĀ ecstaticĀ when he was promoted to defensive coordinator and wasn't at all surprised when he got the head coaching nod for the Colts. Indy has a winner, rest assured.

no...its a sad end..the future isnt promised...I was hoping for one more game, at least

The more you get this year, the worse next year would be. Considering that a six win season would have been a triumph, there is absolutely nothing to be sad about.

Ā 

I remember how I felt after the Colts last 10 or so playoff losses - sickeningly bitter disappointments all. This is nothing - just playing the game was gravy. Plus the thought of next weeks looming game was making me physically ill already. I'm satisfied. I just hope that the team is better next year - regardless of their record.

The more you get this year, the worse next year would be. Considering that a six win season would have been a triumph, there is absolutely nothing to be sad about.

Ā 

I remember how I felt after the Colts last 10 or so playoff losses - sickeningly bitter disappointments all. This is nothing - just playing the game was gravy. Plus the thought of next weeks looming game was making me physically ill already. I'm satisfied. I just hope that the team is better next year - regardless of their record.

....I wish I knew we'd be back in the postseason next fall....That's something that was always certain before..

..we got a lot of breaks and made a couple of miracle comebacks (Det, GB) this year.

The end of EVERY playoff season is very sad for me no matter what the expecations are..because of the possibilities

I just hope we're back in the playoffs next year..//To me..its all about the playoffs.

I can see us being a 'better team' like you say and going 8-8 or 9-7

This year..we were winners....I juts didnt want to see it end..

....I wish I knew we'd be back in the postseason next fall....That's something that was always certain before..

..we got a lot of breaks and made a couple of miracle comebacks (Det, GB) this year.

The end of EVERY playoff season is very sad for me no matter what the expecations are..because of the possibilities

I just hope we're back in the playoffs next year..//To me..its all about the playoffs.

I can see us being a 'better team' like you say and going 8-8 or 9-7

This year..we were winners....I juts didnt want to see it end..

Exactly - I've been mumbling that all season. I don't like how the "success" will cost MUCH needed draft position while simultaneously creating unrealistic expectations. An "improved" 8-8 would be fine - the playoffs are utterly irrelevant to me for a rebuilding team. But one could reasonably hope that in the following year they would be legitimately competing for the division lead - with a maturing team and more depth. That's when the real fun should start again.

Ā 

I hope.