Indianapolis Colts
  • ×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• I  agree on this take.  If he new Luck was returning there is no doubt in my mind that he would also.  No Luck then he has to really think hard about it.  If he new we were going to bring in someone that he might get excited about, like Carr or Bridgewater as examples, then I think he would feel like he has a chance at a SB.  But he has no idea what Ballard has in mind.  There is no need for him to rush to a decision at this time.  A lot could happen on the QB front that could help make up his mind.  Maybe he waits and sees what happens. 
    • Because he is a terrible QB Doug.  That simple.  Luck actually did play game manager in a lot of those 10 wins last year.   Game manager is more about game plan than a QBs ability.  Reich insisted on more game manager role than last year and would have had it IMO.  How much better do you think the already prodigious Colts running game would be with Luck than JB?     When Luck needed to throw, he threw.  WHen he didn't he managed.  Garrapolo did that this year.  Prodigious passing numbers v. NO when they needed it and Arizona.
    • That's fine.  You should post that info in one of the JB threads when folks are discussing the reason why we were 2 and 7 down the stretch.  Most think that it was JBs fault, and use low passing stats to prove it.
    • So Doug how do you account for SFs crap season last year?   Now you shouldn't have to think to hard here.
    • Were talking about the 49ers and the Colts only, right?  And how Luck's retirement relative to that is or isn't relevant.   Relative to the QB, SF has made the SB with a Qb that has played like a game manager.  He may have the talent to be more than that, but the talent he could have used but didn't use isn't really relevant.  Did SF have to give a second to get the level of QB play they've gotten?    The Colts have never been built to win with a game manager.  We have been built to support a performance by an elite QB.  I don't see how Luck's retirement is relevant to the discussion of rosters, unless you say that Luck's retirement exposed the roster and our strategy.    We either had a good 52 roster or a bad 52 roster whether Luck was here or not.  That's just the way I was looking at it. That's reality, the part about assuming what we could have had was the alternative reality.
  • Members