Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Arians still gets players respect

ColtsBlueFL

Matt Spaeth, TE for the Bears has a lot of really nice things to say about Arians.  It's possible they could be reunited in Chicagoland.

Snippets-

"I really like him as a coach, and obviously as a guy. If you look at his journey, success seems to follow him."

"I can tell you that when Pittsburgh got rid of him, nobody was happy in that locker room, especially Ben (Roethlisberger). Ben has a lot of pull around there and he was upset. People were mad because of the job Bruce does."

"Bruce is known for his aggressive, downhill running game that sets up the great play action. He puts quarterbacks in a good position to be successful, in my opinion. Roll outs, bootlegs, play actions ... those are the kinds of things he does to help the quarterback. He knows how to get his QB out of the pocket and the results speak for themselves."

Full article-

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bears/post/_/id/4681828/spaeth-arians-helps-qbs-succeed

I haven't noticed us doing many rollouts and bootlegs other than the occasional one where Luck runs it in for a TD.  Arians has been a very good hire (kudos to Pagano for that).  The man is very well respected around the league.  Big Ben has nothing but good things to say about him

I'm hoping he stays, with a good Oline his play calling will be extremely dangerous. Stay here Bruce, finish what you started a win a ring here 1st.

I agree with both you guys. I wasn't crazy about some of the plays that exposed Luck, like the empty backfield sets, with the O line we have.

I hope he stays but I'm not counting on it.

Matt Spaeth, TE for the Bears has a lot of really nice things to say about Arians.  It's possible they could be reunited in Chicagoland.

Snippets-

"I really like him as a coach, and obviously as a guy. If you look at his journey, success seems to follow him."

"I can tell you that when Pittsburgh got rid of him, nobody was happy in that locker room, especially Ben (Roethlisberger). Ben has a lot of pull around there and he was upset. People were mad because of the job Bruce does."

"Bruce is known for his aggressive, downhill running game that sets up the great play action. He puts quarterbacks in a good position to be successful, in my opinion. Roll outs, bootlegs, play actions ... those are the kinds of things he does to help the quarterback. He knows how to get his QB out of the pocket and the results speak for themselves."

Full article-

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bears/post/_/id/4681828/spaeth-arians-helps-qbs-succeed

with the bears trying to get an interview with arians this does not shock me that someone from the bears team would talk nice about him.