Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Texans Game Day Thread

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was painful. I was pretty angry when my DVR caught up and I couldn't fast forward through non-play time anymore. I just wanted it to end.

Why are people giving Garcon grief over dropping a pass? I only saw one drop on that bunk "defenseless receiver" play and that was good defensive play, not bad receiver play. Did I miss another?

Come on fans one game does not make a season, we were out coached, out played on the offensive line, and the defense needs to practice,corners need to get away from soft coverage, line backers need to play closer to the line. Offense needs to move forward and not step back, which as you all saw the pocket collapse. These are basic coaching adjustment. Collins will be fine once he is settled in, Painter lacks the experience to help. Management needs coaching help to play with the players that were chosen. Good or bad , now we need to make the proper adjustment. Now to the coach it is time to take a man up stance, pep talks pats on the back you know basic moral building not silence. Come on coach man up, yell a little let them know you care.

Come on fans one game does not make a season, we were out coached, out played on the offensive line, and the defense needs to practice,corners need to get away from soft coverage, line backers need to play closer to the line. Offense needs to move forward and not step back, which as you all saw the pocket collapse. These are basic coaching adjustment. Collins will be fine once he is settled in, Painter lacks the experience to help. Management needs coaching help to play with the players that were chosen.

Yea, we were only out-played in coaching, special teams, passing offense, rushing offense, defense, time of possession, penalties... I'll think of more later :P.

I think Houston actually had more turnovers, but whatever.

If you thought it was rough on the tube you should have been at Reliant Stadium. The game coverage on TV did little to show the DISCONNECT between Collins and the rest of the team. At least Painter was up and down the sidelines interacting and not checked out. Collins needs to tune in and actually join the team. Any punk off the street can wear a colts uniform, maybe a punk off the streets would give a dang and actually TRY! Still gotta back the blue though. Here's to a frontal lobotomy for Collins-maybe he'll wanna be on our side next week. :cheer:

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Popular Now

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• What if the colts offered Johnathan Taylor instead of the 21st pick.  That would get it done i am sure.  It sounds like Dan Campbell wants them to be a running team
    • They would possibly take him...but he would be their QB3 (like he is on the Colts)...so he wouldn't add any value to the trade. Daniel is already under contract for next season. Since they will more than likely go for a rookie QB...that player will serve as the backup.
    • Not surprising this is what Pats coaches do go coach some place for three years get fired and go running back to the hoody.
    • Rivers was signed for one year. He did well in that year and as 99% of the fans knew he is gone after his one year. He will coach high school football and will be happy. 
    • First of all we don’t know if that report is true or not.  So I would be careful as taking it as the gospel truth.  I mean it’s not that out there to think Rivers retired on his own.   If you go back and look at what Ballard said when he talked about Rivers in his end of the year presser it’s very similar to what Reich said.   https://www.colts.com/news/chris-ballard-philip-rivers-ty-hilton-xavier-rhodes-2020-season-press-conference   https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30687157/frank-reich-says-wants-philip-rivers-indianapolis-colts-qb-2021   Yes Reich went a step further to say hey I want Rivers to be my starter but both men pretty much said hey we think Rivers can still play and he has to decide if he wants too.   Now just for sake of argument let’s say the report is true, the last quote from Reich in the Rivers story pretty much confirms what I’ve been saying all along:  "This isn't a one-man show. We have to do what's best for the team, and as an organization as we sit down and talk about Philip, what other options are out there, that will all get discussed.”   Wells furthered that by also saying:  “Whether Rivers returns next season isn't strictly up to the quarterback and Reich. General manager Chris Ballard and owner Jim Irsay will also have a say.”   So no I don’t think Ballard just said forget what Frank wants I am doing what I want to do as you made it sound.  I think they sat down as an organization and came to a concusses agreement.  Further proof of that is the report said the Colts might have pushed Rivers out the door not Ballard himself.  the GM acting on his own without regards to the coach is what Grigson did and lead to so much friction with Pagano.  All reports have said Ballard doesn’t operate that way.  Big Colts decisions get made as a unit between Irsay, Ballard, Reich.  Do they always agree?  I am sure they don’t but I am sure they work together to try to figure what they think is best as a unit.  Further proof of that was when Irsay said during the draft both Ballard and Reich were raving about Taylor and how they would love to have him and it was Irsay who said well then why don’t you guys go get him, meaning trade up.     That’s been my point all along it isn’t just Ballard making decision on his own regardless of what others think which is how your original post came across.  It’s always been them working as a unit.  Does that mean Reich or Ballard always get exactly what they want?  No.        
  • Members