Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ken Wisenhunt

Brooklyn Colt

Yes, I would like that, Wisenhunt is a very qualified OC candidate.

I do think we might be able to get Frank Reich, who is their WR coach (our former WR and QB coach), to help too, I thought Reich did a decent job while he was here. Who is our current WR coach? Isn't Clyde the QB coach?

Now that I think about it, I think there are teams that will want to talk to Whisenhunt about their head coaching job. He'd be a great fit with the Bears or the Chargers.

you have a point..but the reason those teams fired their coaches because they didn't make the playoffs...the Cardinals haven't made the playoffs in 3 seasons..I can see the Bears or Chargers bringing in someone like Bruce Arians before they bring in Wisenhunt..

Something to consider:  should he come and have success with Luck, he will certainly get another head coaching job.  So, if you do hire him, he might not be here long. 

This. He shouldn't have been fired. He's shown his ability with a properly filled team. It's hard to win when your QB's are max hall, matt lineart, kevin kolb, john skelton, ryan lindley, and all the other schlubs who have taken snaps under center for him since Warner retired.

Only name I know for sure been seriously discussed @ Chargers Park to this point is Bruce Arians ... I am told Ken Whisenhunt is interested.

Welp..that's all she wrote..nice working with you BA..

Something to consider:  should he come and have success with Luck, he will certainly get another head coaching job.  So, if you do hire him, he might not be here long. 

Same can be said about any other coordinator we bring in...the way the NFL is nowadays teams are looking for fresh faces and new blood to lead their franchise..

I was just copying & pasting..

I've seen Reid/SD as a possible connection elsewhere, but I've also seen that debunked. 

Seems like a good fit there, he already has a mansion in the area. And if any QB could use tutoring, it's Rivers. That kid has regressed big time. A lot of it due to the GM taking away his weapons.

The only year the Steelers were a top 10 O under his OC time there was in 2006.  The other years were middle of the pack.  And the only year in the top 10 of total O for the Cardinals was 2008.  Other years not so good (I know the QB situation without Warner was horrible).  I'm not sure he is as high on my list as others.  I'm not a huge fan.

The only year the Steelers were a top 10 O under his OC time there was in 2006.  The other years were middle of the pack.  And the only year in the top 10 of total O for the Cardinals was 2008.  Other years not so good (I know the QB situation without Warner was horrible).  I'm not sure he is as high on my list as others.  I'm not a huge fan.

One of the reasons he might be more attractive to San Diego as opposed to  Kansas City for example is that they already have the QB in place. 

Same can be said about any other coordinator we bring in.

Whisenhunt's been to a Super Bowl.  One year of success with Luck and he would likely be gone.  A relative unknown probably wouldn't get the same type of consideration after only a year or two. 

I would look to Chuck's or Grigson's past for the next OC. 

B.A..........please dont leave.....after all we've been through together?!....i mean....we have history, man......it's ok, we'll find somebody else.....there are plenty of other fish in the sea.....you're not the only one......(quick!! Someone grab the keys to his car and lock the doors to the building!)

I dont think B.A. will leave. But if he does, I trust Pagano and Grigs to figure it out. i sure wouldnt blame any team for selling the farm to get B.A. though. he did a damn fine job with a freshly put together offense with half rookies. He'll be successful anywhere he goes.

One of the reasons he might be more attractive to San Diego as opposed to  Kansas City for example is that they already have the QB in place. 

Agreed.  Parker gaining 1500 yards in 2006, and that Steelers D...  And Warner going crazy one last time in 2008...  those two things don't make Whisenhunt a very good OC candidate to me.  I saw nothing creative or innovative or dynamic in Arizona without a QB.  And to me, if you are a great offensive mind, you find a way to produce in less than ideal conditions, something he hasn't done in is time as OC or HC in my opnion.  He had a great run to the SB, maybe a good HC somewhere, but I wouldn't be knocking down his door for an OC position. 

Well, I do think Whisenhunt is probably the best option among the fired head coaches.  Shurmur being a close second.  I'd rather not try to get Turner, Gailey, or Reid.

As far as past connections with Pagano and Grigson... obviously I wouldn't want to see Cam Cameron.  Maybe a bit on the fence as far as Marty Mornhinweg goes, Grigson would know whether that would be a good idea or not (this is assuming that he gets tossed along with Reid).

Agreed.  Parker gaining 1500 yards in 2006, and that Steelers D...  And Warner going crazy one last time in 2008...  those two things don't make Whisenhunt a very good OC candidate to me.  I saw nothing creative or innovative or dynamic in Arizona without a QB.  And to me, if you are a great offensive mind, you find a way to produce in less than ideal conditions, something he hasn't done in is time as OC or HC in my opnion.  He had a great run to the SB, maybe a good HC somewhere, but I wouldn't be knocking down his door for an OC position. 

From a pure Colts perspective, the continuity he would offer would be a plus to some and a minus to others. He has experience. To me he was more dynamic/creative in Pittsburgh than he was in Arizona, but I don't think he called plays in Arizona... He had Haley there. 

There are two you hire. Up and comers without a ton of experience, or re-treads.  Each have their own sets of pros and cons. 

From a pure Colts perspective, the continuity he would offer would be a plus to some and a minus to others. He has experience. To me he was more dynamic/creative in Pittsburgh than he was in Arizona, but I don't think he called plays in Arizona... He had Haley there. 

There are two you hire. Up and comers without a ton of experience, or re-treads.  Each have their own sets of pros and cons. 

There's nothing wrong per se with a re-tread, if he's the right guy for the job.

I agree.

One team's trash is another teams treasure.

I think that has been proven a time or two. :)

Goodness gracious, you couldn't possibly mean a certain coach by the name of Bruce Arians, could you?

I'm pretty sure a Steelers fan told me he was the reason Ben Roethlisberger is terrible.  :thmup:

Luck is beyond the young QB we think he is, in terms of his understanding of the offense. At least that is what BA said about Luck. :)

while i agree luck was never really a rookie. kolb was suppose to be the real deal, and ken ruined any shot of that. i would much raither put reid on my short list before ken.

while i agree luck was never really a rookie. kolb was suppose to be the real deal, and ken ruined any shot of that. i would much raither put reid on my short list before ken.

Ehhhh, Kolb was never anything special.

Although this line of thought probably just causes us to end up back at Mornhinweg.  :thinking:

Goodness gracious, you couldn't possibly mean a certain coach by the name of Bruce Arians, could you?

I'm pretty sure a Steelers fan told me he was the reason Ben Roethlisberger is terrible.  :thmup:

I wasn't speaking of anyone specific. But there are plenty of examples.

Browns Belichick Patriots

Bucs Dungy Colts

Panthers Fox Broncos

etc

etc

etc

Ehhhh, Kolb was never anything special.

Although this line of thought probably just causes us to end up back at Mornhinweg.  :thinking:

Kolb was one of those guys that got amplified by the WCO, and struggled in a different scheme. 

Not sure how I feel about Wiz, or Norv for that matter. If BA does leave, the two most important things to me are 1)some sort of continuity in offensive scheme and personnel preference and 2) a solid history of being a successful offensive mind in the NFL since Pagano lacks this as HC. I suppose Norv and Wiz to a lesser extent have 2, and Norv has 1 to a certain point (he prefers bigger WRs to speed guys like Hilton). I'm not really familiar with Wiz's offensive philosophy.