Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton or Luck in the playoffs?

House

His name "Skip" precedes him :) (so does his lousy reputation). As soon as you hear his name, you know what to do, "skip" the channel.

I think "Skip" hates Irsay. When Peyton was on the Colts, he would bash Peyton and the Colts. Now Luck is on the Colts, he bashes Luck and the Colts. Just an observation. :)

I totally agree! Skip is just an bitter old man. But I love how Screaming A Smith or whoever puts him in his place then all Bayless does is rolls his eyes. Today I could not change the channel because I was at my niece Birthday party and the restaurant we was at had First take on. I just tuned Skip out, until Screaming A put him in his place. Skip is the only person to say that it was an mistake that we let go Manning. While everyone else and us fans included was for the best and it worked out.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted (edited) · Hidden by Nadine, January 6, 2013 - inflammatory
Hidden by Nadine, January 6, 2013 - inflammatory

Luck: If not a colts fan, then what are you? Thanks Peyton, but I need not introduce you to Mr. Mathis and Mr. Freeney. They will properly introduce themselves. Colts by a neck... 27-24

Edited by Nadine
inflammatory
YES...    had Indy kept Manning this team would "probably" be in the playoffs....     maybe.. 

But 3 years down the road when Indy finishes 7-9 or 8-8 and left with NO QB and Luck is in Washington or St Louis tearing the league up we would all be saying ... "dang..  shoulda done it" ... 

It's the nature of the beast..  and one day Luck will get it too ...      I guarantee it.

The days of the HOF savior are long gone..    Too much money at stake.    

Of coarse he will. After year 5 , he will in all probability sign a huge contract. I was just commenting that in the 3 year window that * bayliss brings up , Manning will eat up about 60 million in cap space while Luck will be at around 15 million. I think maybe I would gamble with Luck in years 2-3 rather than a QB at 37 and 38 years old that cost 20 mill a season. Really a stupid , difficult question from Skip , but if you want to weigh everything , you hav eto considre the cost of each guy. Right ...?

That's just a backwards way of looking at things, it's not logical, Manning is a Bronco now. We've moved on. Maybe First Take should be listed as sports talk comedy?

People who take "First Take" seriously are the same kind of people who get their news from John Stewart and Stephen Colbert.

I think that Skip is right.

Sort QBs by Rating HIGHEST to LOWEST.

Know you know who I want to be my QB in the SB... the rest of you will be brought back to reality. If not, then you are living in denial.

I wish PM had Grigs for a GM, maybe hed have a few more rings.

Colts - for the first time in probably 3 years- fired on all cylinders, last week.

PM has a balanced attack now...so lets see who does what with what in the playoffs.

Its really who is playing the hottest football in January and right now its Denver and Indy.

I was just watching 'First take', garbage show I know, but Bayless just made the argument "If given the choice between Luck or Manning in the playoffs for the next three years, Colts fans would pick Peyton every time."

It's an interesting question. Who would you take? Peyton floundered occasionally in the playoffs, but has had post season success. Andrew is a complete unknown.

Skip Bayless, clearly dislikes Andrew, but his argument is always based on shortsightedness. He always qualifies his comments with "next three years" because he knows Indy probably made the correct call for the future.

Mods if this thread gets ugly please lock, but hopefully it will stay clean lol.

I Take Luck, he seems to flourish when the game is on the line, hopefully he proves that on Sunday.

How about neither. One guy hasn't even taken a post season snap and the other guy can't win when he does. I'll take Eli or Rodgers right now. Maybe even Brees. 

You're gonna look silly if Peyton beats you guys in the AFC Championship game...AGAIN.  Oh my fault...you already do. 

Let me see I can pick between one of the greatest players to ever play the game and who has been to two Super Bowls and won one or a rookie who has never played a playoff game in his life for the next three weeks?  Who wouldn't take Manning? 

However, like has been said over and over this decision was NOT made for this year or for the next three weeks it was made for the next 15 years. 

I hate these type threads. 

... And I'm tired of the notion that if you support Luck you must Hate Peyton. 

.......And if you support Peyton you can't be a Colts Fan. 

So Sue Me....

....I support BOTH.  

I really don't know how I'll react if they meet in the Playoffs.  I have really enjoyed this year.... It's been such a magical season  for everyone.  I don't really want it to end for either,  but it will.    I just hope for Good Games all around.   

I hate these type threads.

... And I'm tired of the notion that if you support Luck you must Hate Peyton.

So Sue Me....

....I support BOTH.

I really don't know how I'll react if they meet in the Playoffs. I have really enjoyed this year.... It's been such a magical season for everyone. I don't really want it to end for either, but it will. I just hope for Good Games all around.

There was no agenda for this thread. I never said you had to hate one and love the other.

I wish Peyton the best, but also accept that the future is upon us for this team.

It was just a question I saw asked on TV and decided to pose it to the board.

There was no agenda for this thread. I never said you had to hate one and love the other.

I wish Peyton the best, but also accept that the future is upon us for this team.

It was just a question I saw asked on TV and decided to pose it to the board.

Sorry,  not meant as a jab at you.  Honestly.   I know you were just repeating a question you heard.

I apologize to you...   

Sorry, not meant as a jab at you. Honestly. I know you were just repeating a question you heard.

I apologize to you...

haha don't stress. No need to apologize.

I just wanted to clarify I wasn't trying to just stir stuff up.

You're gonna look silly if Peyton beats you guys in the AFC Championship game...AGAIN.  Oh my fault...you already do. 

I must have struck a nerve. How about we actually wait until the AFCCG until we start crowning champions? Both teams have some work to do before reaching it.

I hate these type threads. 

... And I'm tired of the notion that if you support Luck you must Hate Peyton. 

So Sue Me....

....I support BOTH.  

I really don't know how I'll react if they meet in the Playoffs.  I have really enjoyed this year.... It's been such a magical season  for everyone.  I don't really want it to end for either,  but it will.    I just hope for Good Games all around.   

Honestly I think this thread was started to go after a gotcha question ESPN was asking.  I don't think this thread was meant to divide anyone over Manning and I think the OP said something to the effect to close the thread if it turned into that. 

As for the fans who think if you support Manning at all you are some how not a Colts fan those fans are every where. I remember being here after Dungy left and some fans going nuts if you even said his name because he was "no longer a Colt."  I think that's silly and I think most fans feel the same way but there is a loud minority that disagrees with that.  I think what bothers most Colts fans are people who say oh I'll cheer for Peyton if the Colts play him but man I am the biggest Colts fans in the world.  I am a Colts fan and will cheer for the Colts whenever the Colts play Peyton but I like to see Peyton do well anytime he isn't playing the Colts and I think that is where most fans are at on this. 

Honestly I think this thread was started to go after a gotcha question ESPN was asking.  I don't think this thread was meant to divide anyone over Manning and I think the OP said something to the effect to close the thread if it turned into that. 

As for the fans who think if you support Manning at all you are some how not a Colts fan those fans are every where. I remember being here after Dungy left and some fans going nuts if you even said his name because he was "no longer a Colt."  I think that's silly and I think most fans feel the same way but there is a loud minority that disagrees with that.  I think what bothers most Colts fans are people who say oh I'll cheer for Peyton if the Colts play him but man I am the biggest Colts fans in the world.  I am a Colts fan and will cheer for the Colts whenever the Colts play Peyton but I like to see Peyton do well anytime he isn't playing the Colts and I think that is where most fans are at on this. 

I appreciate your take on this.  Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Just a quick peaceful thought on the if you like Peyton then your not a Colts fan and vise verse a question? I believe the only way 

the score will be settled on that question is, when the Colts meet the Broncos in the Championship game. 

You have heard the old saying haven't you? FROM THE ABUNDANCE OF THE MOUTH THE HEART SPEAKS!!!

CTRL + Q to Enable/Disable GoPhoto.it

Just a quick peaceful thought on the if you like Peyton then your not a Colts fan and vise verse a question? I believe the only way 

the score will be settled on that question is, when the Colts meet the Broncos in the Championship game. 

You have heard the old saying haven't you? FROM THE ABUNDANCE OF THE MOUTH THE HEART SPEAKS!!!

CTRL + Q to Enable/Disable GoPhoto.it

You know what here is the thing on that whole front.  Cheer for whoever you want just be honest about it.  I'll use myself as an example.  I am a die hard, blue and white running threw my veins Colts fan.  But I also like the Giants because I like Eli Manning.  They are my second favorite team.  I know for a fact that while I like the Giants it doesn't sting for me as much as when the Colts lose.  If you are a Colts fans and you happen to like the Broncos too because Peyton is there great.  Nothing wrong with that and I really doubt people would have a problem with that.  Heck I don't think many would have a problem with the people who would say I am a Peyton Manning fan first but I still like the Colts but I am going to pull for Peyton over the Colts.  The problem comes when people think that people aren't being honest.  IE the person who says they are the biggest Colts fan in the World and they are their favorite team no matter what but I am going to wear my Broncos 18 jersey to the game and cheer for the Broncos when they play the Colts.  I think most people would view the latter as a Peyton Manning fan (and that's not a dirty term) who happens to like the Colts.  Again NOTHING wrong with it but just be honest with who you are. 

You know what here is the thing on that whole front.  Cheer for whoever you want just be honest about it.  I'll use myself as an example.  I am a die hard, blue and white running threw my veins Colts fan.  But I also like the Giants because I like Eli Manning.  They are my second favorite team.  I know for a fact that while I like the Giants it doesn't sting for me as much as when the Colts lose.  If you are a Colts fans and you happen to like the Broncos too because Peyton is there great.  Nothing wrong with that and I really doubt people would have a problem with that.  Heck I don't think many would have a problem with the people who would say I am a Peyton Manning fan first but I still like the Colts but I am going to pull for Peyton over the Colts.  The problem comes when people think that people aren't being honest.  IE the person who says they are the biggest Colts fan in the World and they are their favorite team no matter what but I am going to wear my Broncos 18 jersey to the game and cheer for the Broncos when they play the Colts.  I think most people would view the latter as a Peyton Manning fan (and that's not a dirty term) who happens to like the Colts.  Again NOTHING wrong with it but just be honest with who you are. 

It would be nice if that were true but it's not.  I've been nothing but honest in saying that I'm a Peyton fan first and a Colts fan very, very close second but I've still gotten several people 1) telling me I'm not a true colts fan, 2) telling me I should leave the forum and join the broncos forum and 3) questioning my character because of the way I feel about the situation.  I know there are several others in the same boat as well.  Sure, there may be a couple people that try to disguise their continued loyalty to Peyton but I haven't seen many of them.  To be honest I haven't seen any but I don't read every post in every thread so I'm taking your word on the fact that there are at least a few members that do that. 

Now I will say that at least a couple of the people who were saying things like that to me eased up in the last thread that the discussion broke out in but there are also still many posters who just seem to be waiting for Peyton's name to be brought up so that they can pounce on the person who brought him up. 

I'll be honest then. I am a Colts fan full stop. After that I don't honestly care. As I have many close friends who like many other teams. I would shout for their teams over any player including Manning. Except v my wife's team, the Patriots. That would be like selling my soul to the Devil. I think I would like to see Peyton win another ring or two, as long as it's not at the expense of the Colts, but it would be 'nice', no more than that.

I had several very long and decent pm's with Mac on the subject, and we came out on a good footing. I know it is quite common in America to follow a player rather than a team, but this phenomenon is almost unheard of in the rest of the world due to soccer fandom. No player is ever more important than the team so to speak. I did have trouble with this concept at first, but after my chat with Mac, I get it.

What does agitate me however is the negative comments about our team from some of the Manning 'first' fans who almost can't wait to slight Luck or Irsay at the drop of a hat. This has happened throughout the season. Little digs here and there, nipping away at a sore.

I'm afraid there is still a lot bitterness from a small section and they will never be happy no matter how well we do.

That is what riles people on here I feel.