Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Worst Team Of 2011

CR91

alright now that ive seen a couple of games and have a better understanding of whos playing on what teams on going with the washington redskins being the worst team in the league. this team looks like a mess. no qb, no real wr threat, their relying on tim hightower for their running game and a rookie see how that goes. good news for them their gonna get andrew luck. thoughts

Cincy could very well be the worst team in the NFL next year. While I don't see the Jags as being a very good team, I still think they can muster up 5 wins. People aren't liking Washington a lot either, but Cincy is in way worse shape. Now here's the question, if Cincy gets the 1st overall pick, do they take Luck even though they just took Dalton?

Cincy could very well be the worst team in the NFL next year. While I don't see the Jags as being a very good team, I still think they can muster up 5 wins. People aren't liking Washington a lot either, but Cincy is in way worse shape. Now here's the question, if Cincy gets the 1st overall pick, do they take Luck even though they just took Dalton?

Yes. You cannot pass on Andrew Luck.

Being that Dalton was a 2nd rounder (35th overall) and his development will likely be long and slow, I doubt they're gonna pass on one of the hottest QB prospects since Peyton. I've looked at every team and Cincy BY FAR looks the worst.

They should. That's perfect trade bait to get a proven NFL player. For all we know Luck maybe the next Ryan Leaf. If he proves to be the next Manning or Brady than Cincy would just add to their legacy of poor decisions.

see the reason i dont choose the bengals is because they have a better establishment at the important positions. dalton has looked good at times in the pre-season. green looks like the monster wr he was made out to be and benson while continues to make stupid decisions can run the ball. i dont see any of that from the redskins.

So a Jaguars team that challenged for the division until the last month of the season last year is suddenly one of the worse teams in the league? Sorry, just don't see it. We had one of the worse defenses in the league last season & still won 8 games. Then we added Pozlusny (can't spell his name)& Sessions at LB to go with Darryl Smith, added Matt Roth at DE, added Landry from the Ravens at safety, added Coleman from the Jets at nickelback...Geez, don't you think the Jags might be a LITTLE better on defense now? For years on this board, Colts fans said Garrard just wasn't that good. Now he's gone & we're gonna get worse? If I'm wrong, I'll be back to say I was wrong, but until we're out of the running, I think the Jags are going to be an improving team.

So a Jaguars team that challenged for the division until the last month of the season last year is suddenly one of the worse teams in the league? Sorry, just don't see it. We had one of the worse defenses in the league last season & still won 8 games. Then we added Pozlusny (can't spell his name)& Sessions at LB to go with Darryl Smith, added Matt Roth at DE, added Landry from the Ravens at safety, added Coleman from the Jets at nickelback...Geez, don't you think the Jags might be a LITTLE better on defense now? For years on this board, Colts fans said Garrard just wasn't that good. Now he's gone & we're gonna get worse? If I'm wrong, I'll be back to say I was wrong, but until we're out of the running, I think the Jags are going to be an improving team.

your starting qb is luke mccown

Your starting QB is Luke McCown, you lost your starting receiver. You coach sucks, your defense is and will always be bad, and your O-line is mediocre at best. 4-12

Your starting QB is Luke McCown, you lost your starting receiver. You coach sucks, your defense is and will always be bad, and your O-line is mediocre at best. 4-12

I only have 2 more posts until tomorrow, so I can't go back & forth with you, unfortunately. If McCown hadn't gotten hurt last year, he very well could have taken Garrard's job. Week 2 against the Chargers, Garrard threw 4 picks & got benched. McCown came in, moved the ball, scored some points & then blew out his knee so Garrard had to come back in. Mike Sims-Walker wasn't that great. "your defense is and will always be bad" just goes to show that you don't know what you're talking about. 4 or 5 years ago, the Jags had a top defense. They're gonna build it back up. They got old & slow, now they're younger & faster. Will always be bad, huh? We'll see. We had the 3rd best rushing attack in the NFL last season, but our O-line is mediocre? Get back to me when you get a clue.

I only have 2 more posts until tomorrow, so I can't go back & forth with you, unfortunately. If McCown hadn't gotten hurt last year, he very well could have taken Garrard's job. Week 2 against the Chargers, Garrard threw 4 picks & got benched. McCown came in, moved the ball, scored some points & then blew out his knee so Garrard had to come back in. Mike Sims-Walker wasn't that great. "your defense is and will always be bad" just goes to show that you don't know what you're talking about. 4 or 5 years ago, the Jags had a top defense. They're gonna build it back up. They got old & slow, now they're younger & faster. Will always be bad, huh? We'll see. We had the 3rd best rushing attack in the NFL last season, but our O-line is mediocre? Get back to me when you get a clue.

Ok let's get some things straight:

1450 yards, 14 touchdowns in 29 games is good

Your telling me McCown would have token over Garrard job. HA! He had no chance, Garrard went out the next week and had a mediocre week. THen he went out a threw 2 TDs, then 3 TDs the very next week, and then 2 weeks later he threw 4 TDS to no interceptions. McCown had no chance at his job. McCown is going to do nothing for you guys, and will be overtaken by Gabbert. Your going to draft Matt Barkley next year in the draft with the 3rd overall pick.

Your defense in your history was good for one year, and that year was 2006. Your defense now is nowhere near that defense. You had Rashean Mathis in his prime, Henderson in his prime, and they had great chemistry. Now, there best players from 2006 are not there, or are old, and your best defensive player now, Aaron Kampman is slowing moving past his prime, and he's turning 32 during the season.

I'm not talking about the running attack, MJD is great!

The O-line, Meester is getting real old, turning 35 during the season, and Monroe, your 8th overall pick a couple years back is extremely inconsistent, he was even benched a couple of weeks. Rackley is good, Eben is okay, and that's it. MEDIOCRE AT BEST!

I may a Colts fan, but I know a thing or two about the Jags. I mean, they;re our rivals

see the reason i dont choose the bengals is because they have a better establishment at the important positions. dalton has looked good at times in the pre-season. green looks like the monster wr he was made out to be and benson while continues to make stupid decisions can run the ball. i dont see any of that from the redskins.

bengals defense is pretty good too. i wouldn't be surprised to see them around .500

So Luke McCown has a good drive last year and he's the best option for the Jags? Well color me converted.

Sims-Walker's stats for 29 games? Great, but he was on the team for 3 or 4 seasons - that's at least 48 games. And he played in 29. The best ability is AVAILABILITY. Monroe was benched for a couple of games when he was a rookie - that was 2 seasons ago. Meester is old? So is Jeff Saturday. The Jags' O-line is better than the Colts. Only Manning's quick release covered it up. And I'm not saying McCown is a world-beater. I'm saying that replacing one average QB for another doesn't make the Jags a worse team. Because of the 3 post per day rule, this is my last post for the day. I will be at the Jags game tomorrow & if McCown stinks up the joint tomorrow, I will be back to say he stunk up the joint. If he plays well, come back & admit that. He's just keeping the seat warm until the coaches think Gabbert is ready anyway. If there had been an offseason, we'd be talking about the rookie starting. My honest opinion is that the Jags are really a year away from being able to really challenge, that being the 4th year since Gene Smith tore up the roster. But we were competitive last year with a bad defense and there's no reason to think we can't be competitive this year with a revamped D...

Good luck to the Colts tomorrow. You're gonna need it.

The 5 worst teams in the NFL in order:

1. Seahawks

2. Bengals

3. Redskins

4. Jaguars

5. Dolphins

i disagree with the dolphins. i think they have an above .500 team like 9-7. henne has looked better, marshall looks comfortable in the system and who knows maybe reggie will excel in a new area. i think the 49ers or the bills are worse

Calling it now. It will be the Cardinals. Just not feeling them this year.

not happening. even with trash at qb last year the cards still werent the worst team. im not a fan of kolb, but atleast hes better then anything they had last year.

Worst team will be Carolina again. When they realize that they drafted another bum QB they will finally get it right when the draft Luck next yr..

Question for everyone, say the Panthers do get the 1st overall pick. Do they go with Luck? I can't see how they would take a QB within the first 2 rounds in 3 consecutive years, especially 2 of them at first overall.

Question for everyone, say the Panthers do get the 1st overall pick. Do they go with Luck? I can't see how they would take a QB within the first 2 rounds in 3 consecutive years, especially 2 of them at first overall.

I think so. You can't pass on this guy. People like him come once every 13 years (do the math :) ) They have Cam the backup and get rid of Clausen. The projected 2nd overall pick is an O-lineman and they don't need that. They can also trade down...

There is no way I would pass on Luck if I were them. The Colts should take him too if they are unfortunate enough to be in that posistion. Luck is the closest thing to a can't miss guy since Manning. IMO, Luck is Manning 2.0.

McCown played well today. Did what he had to do to get the win. Passer rating over 90, 17 of 24 for 175. Our defense held Chris Johnson to 24 yards. We might end up 4-12, but right now we're 1-0.

McCown played well today. Did what he had to do to get the win. Passer rating over 90, 17 of 24 for 175. Our defense held Chris Johnson to 24 yards. We might end up 4-12, but right now we're 1-0.

Don't go gaga over one game. He made quick short passes, and your offense was pretty much run by MJD. David Garrard is better than McCown, and like you said CJ was held to 24 yards. Lucky win...

Don't go gaga over one game. He made quick short passes, and your offense was pretty much run by MJD. David Garrard is better than McCown, and like you said CJ was held to 24 yards. Lucky win...

Lucky win, my foot. There is no luck in holding CJ2K to only 24 yards. That's solid defense. McCown also made some nice middle throws for 15-20 yards as well. I'm not going gaga, but McCown played well. Like I said the other day, I'm not saying McCown is a world-beater, but he put up the same stats that Garrard often did. You said we lost something in cutting Garrard. I'm saying that they're pretty much the same guy.

Lucky win, my foot. There is no luck in holding CJ2K to only 24 yards. That's solid defense. McCown also made some nice middle throws for 15-20 yards as well. I'm not going gaga, but McCown played well. Like I said the other day, I'm not saying McCown is a world-beater, but he put up the same stats that Garrard often did. You said we lost something in cutting Garrard. I'm saying that they're pretty much the same guy.

I'm talking about McCown getting lucky. He made some okay passes, but MJD ran the offense, and if the defense played badly they would have lost. Don't compare McCown's one game to Garrard many. Garrard had a game with 4 TDs, I do compare Luke to that no. He had an okay game, but they need a real stater.

There is no way I would pass on Luck if I were them. The Colts should take him too if they are unfortunate enough to be in that posistion. Luck is the closest thing to a can't miss guy since Manning. IMO, Luck is Manning 2.0.

Uh oh, not this again. A team is not going to pick back-to-back first round QB's. They invested a lot of money into Cam Newton. You're telling me they are going to have a man signed to a four year contract worth $22 million riding a bench!?! That's absurd.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/07/29/cam-newton-panthers-agree-to-four-year-22-million-contract

Actually, I should start a new topic about this, because this is a very interesting talking point to nail down.

alright now that ive seen a couple of games and have a better understanding of whos playing on what teams on going with the washington redskins being the worst team in the league. this team looks like a mess. no qb, no real wr threat, their relying on tim hightower for their running game and a rookie see how that goes. good news for them their gonna get andrew luck. thoughts

Sunday night they are tied with the Eagles for first place in the division. Giants looked pretty bad. They have no receivers. I do not see how they expect Eli to do anything.

1. Carolina

2.Cinci

3. Seattle

4. Indy

5. Jacksonville

I think Hightower will give Washington a respectable rushing game and should be around .500

How could you say that Jacksonville looked worse than Tennessee? Or that Cincy looked worse than the Browns? That is fairly silly to me.

How could you say that Jacksonville looked worse than Tennessee? Or that Cincy looked worse than the Browns? That is fairly silly to me.

I thought this was who we thought is going to be the worst team this season....not who played poorly the first weekend of the season?

Sunday night they are tied with the Eagles for first place in the division. Giants looked pretty bad. They have no receivers. I do not see how they expect Eli to do anything.

He's missing Plaxico for sure. They needed him to return but they dissed him over a silly gun charge perpetuated by overzealous NY gun laws.

I thought this was who we thought is going to be the worst team this season....not who played poorly the first weekend of the season?

I'm just wondering if you're being completely arbitrary or if you are thinking about why these teams will be bad that you listed? For instance, why will be that bad again this year, do teams normally get the top draft pick in back to back year? (They don't)

I'm talking about McCown getting lucky. He made some okay passes, but MJD ran the offense, and if the defense played badly they would have lost. Don't compare McCown's one game to Garrard many. Garrard had a game with 4 TDs, I do compare Luke to that no. He had an okay game, but they need a real stater.

Garrard had a game with 4 INT's too! That's my point. He'd have a game with a passer rating over 120 & then have a game with a passer rating of 68. He averaged out into the 80's or 90's, but Garrard was always either really good or really bad. The "real starter" they need is Gabbert. And like I said before, if there had been mini-camp & OTA's, he'd probably be the starter now. He'll have a Pro Bowl RB, a Pro Bowl TE & Mike Thomas is a good receiver, but they need more weapons. That's why I said I thought they were a year away from really challenging. But the Jags ought to be competitive. Curious to see what our defense can do against the Jets. Two of our new defensive players were Jets last year. But there's just no way that the Jags are going to be one of the worst teams. They are an improving team. Even if they hover around .500 again, this is an improving roster. Only 10 players on our 53 man roster were on this squad 4 years ago. GM Gene Smith has totally turned the roster over.

I'm just wondering if you're being completely arbitrary or if you are thinking about why these teams will be bad that you listed? For instance, why will be that bad again this year, do teams normally get the top draft pick in back to back year? (They don't)

So are you saying teams that are bad are ALWAYS better? Seems like the Lions were picking near the top for about 5-6 years straight.