• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• First words Frank Reich says to Quenton Nelson over the phone on draft night: “We can’t be more excited to have you as the cornerstone of what we are about to build.  We're expecting you to bring everything you got, that nasty attitude, that physicality..."   Chris Ballard on Quenton Nelson: "He has everything we want. He's tough, passionate, he loves the game....He's nasty, he's tough and his football character is off the charts.” "You take a guy like this, this tells your locker room what you stand for. When he walks [in] and they watch him work and watch him play, watch him practice, this is the standard. He stands for all the right things. Stands for team. Stands for pushing his teammates.”   Quenton Nelson on himself- before the draft: “I also help the offense establish the run through my nastiness” “I want to dominate all my opponents and take their will away to play the game (by) finishing them past the whistle”   Coltsfeva, I agree about kids and I don't want my son looking up to a player like like Ndamukong Suh.  But Ballard and Reich know what they are doing. They took Nelson for more than his blocking ability. Its seems clear to me they want Nelson to set the culture of the offensive line and the whole team like Larry Allen did for the Dallas Cowboys in the 90s.   I have confidence that Nelson isn’t going to be stupid and cost his team, and that Reich’s team isn’t going to develop a reputation of being dirty players. I’m also confident that very soon, people are going to stop using the word “soft” when discussing the Indianapolis Colts.
    • I thought there were only two we drafted and both weren't hold outs, they had prior requirements that prevented them from signing
    • After looking at his numbers since he has been in the league all I can say is don't get your hopes up too much. The contract he signed with the Colts is the 7th one he has signed in 5 years. No one hopes he does good as much as I do but I wouldn't bet the farm on it.
  • Members