Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Real Colts Fans Unite !

ColtsD

I choose to look at our colts situation as a possible blessing in disquise. From Collins to the vets to the new guys we just have to play like we mean it. We have pro bowlers on both sides of the ball whom just just need to play as advertised. Agree with dungy we will have to play & win different which is an element of surprise I hope we can take advantage of. I'm all in for the possible upsetting of the critics to NOT making the post season. Who's with me GO COLTS !! PLAY BALL !! :1colts:

Life offers as many guarantees and football games Manning will play this year."Team" means "everyone". Colts are professionals and no one has a clause in their contract stipulating they don't have to try to win if #18 is not playing. 99% of the voices say the Colts relied too heavily on #18. If that is so then I guess we will not win until he returns, if he does. I'll toss out a wager that our players know very well they are going to be judged now on character as well as the drive to be a winner. So let's settle down and take this for what it is...a setback, not a death sentence. So bring it on everyone, we will be on the field to win with or without #18.

Do we have an outstanding DT no do we have a great LB no DO we have great CB no Our Oline it old we still got mod edit

I disagree, Nevis and Anderson have shown they have talent and will be a force in the middle.

Anger, Simms and Bracket are decent LB that fly to the ball.

DB's are still in question, maybe the Colts weekness on D but if the front 4 supply the pressure they may cover up that weekness.

Does that make them the Steelers or Jets....No, but much much better than last year..1st test Sunday.

are we supposed to have probowl players at every position? seems as if your standards are a little high

My standards are not high. To me the colts defense show no discipline what so ever. For example Jacob lacy giving a 10 yard cushion. Why don't the coach try to fix that he constantly does. They also over play the run and sucked in the play action pass pretty easily but then again that the head office and coaching staff fault for not getting a decent DT.

I disagree, Nevis and Anderson have shown they have talent and will be a force in the middle.

Anger, Simms and Bracket are decent LB that fly to the ball.

DB's are still in question, maybe the Colts weekness on D but if the front 4 supply the pressure they may cover up that weekness.

Does that make them the Steelers or Jets....No, but much much better than last year..1st test Sunday.

Idk about brackett "flying" to the ball he's more like a "moving towards at a steady pace" kind of guy. He's not quick at all, the only thing he's good at now is calling the defense on the field.

My standards are not high. To me the colts defense show no discipline what so ever. For example Jacob lacy giving a 10 yard cushion. Why don't the coach try to fix that he constantly does.

The reason why they play off so much is that it is what the coach asks them to do. Not saying its the best way to play, but Im sure Coyer knows much more about football than you or I.

I think this is going to be a very exciting year. I can't wait for it to start!

To me this is a pretty simple thing, we have an NFL football team built around one of the greatest players ever. We are now without him this season, so we go out and do the best we can. NE didn't fall apart when Brady went down, and Pitts didn't fall apart when Ben missed games and the Colts will be okay, yes we may have a down year, but we will be back....

I am REALLY REALLY looking for the rest of the team to step up! No way do these guys lay down! They are all ready to to show that Peyton is not the only show in town!

I hope and they better all show up to play. Granted Peyton is a huge part of our success, but we still do have some great players on both sides of the ball. They will not lay down and just waste the season, if they did, they do not deserve to play professional football! But we as Colts fans need to support this team just as much as if #18 was playing. I am afraid people will not though, but I hope I am wrong about that.

We shall now see what this team is made of. We have been spoiled for a long time with Manning at the helm. this day was going to come at some point. by that i don't mean an injury like Manning has but either retirement or some type of injury that wasn't career threatening. Now thee rest of the team needs to step it up and all the Colt fans out there need to get behind the team even more. I believe this tam is still a very good team it just has to find other way's to win like the defense stepping up and being a stingy defense and the offense has to find a way to get the running game more involved. O-line needs to step up it's play. have Faith in the Colts

Do we have an outstanding DT no do we have a great LB no DO we have great CB no Our Oline it old we still got Baby face Douy and Linkcrap

What do you consider great?

Because if you paid any attention to the DTs during the preseason you would have seen that; a) Moala played like a top 5 DT all preseason. And Nevis looked as good as any first rounder (not named Suh) in the last 5 years.

Great LB? No, I think Brackett is under-rated and he is great and what he is supposed to do but But I'd be hard pressed to put him any higher than top 15 or 20. Angerer, on the other hand, is going to surprise a lot of people this year.

Great CB - yeah... Powers.

I'm not sure who Douy is, but then again I only speak, read and type English.

I would really like to see the guys fight the good fight. If they can keep it close every game to give themselves a chance would be great. It would be a pleasent surprise to have a stingy defense. A lot of things will have to happen to be competative. It is amazing how fast Dungy has dumped Peyton for Rodgers. I'm going to the Tampa game week 5 or 6. we will have a pretty good idea by then.

We do have outstanding players in our secondary. Even some analysts have called Melving Bullit and Antoine Bathea the best safety team in the NFL. Lacey is decent. I won't say outstanding, but he's not someone who's gonna hurt us every play. Powers is good. Our linebacker core is solid. Simms and Bracket are really good. And our d-line this year is gonna be the best in a long time. Nevis showed me some amazing things in the preseason, and of course Freeney and Mathis as always. Let's see big Dwight hit his 100th sack this year guys! I am behind our Colts one hundred percent. No fear at all here.

I've been a colts fan since 60s and when they left I stuck with them and watched lose and lose til they drafted Peyton. I think we couldn't have gotten a better quarter back that's was available too step in and learn offense than Kerry Collins. If we protect him and run the football we will when. So its up too our front lines offensive and defensive. As they've said all week! Do Your Job!!!

I've been a colts fan since 60s and when they left I stuck with them and watched lose and lose til they drafted Peyton. I think we couldn't have gotten a better quarter back that's was available too step in and learn offense than Kerry Collins. If we protect him and run the football we will when. So its up too our front lines offensive and defensive. As they've said all week! Do Your Job!!!

I will have to disagree. We did not lose with Harbaugh and Faulk. That was right before we drafted Manning. Also if you can remember the first few years Peyton was here we were atrociously bad. So it's not like he came in and we started winning right away.

You think we could have gotten a better QB than Collins? Let me ask you, who? Did we know Garrard was gonna be kicked to the curb?

I think you are drinking the coolaid that the media is funneling towards you. They also forget to mention how Collins torches the Texans every year with Tennessee.

I will have to disagree. We did not lose with Harbaugh and Faulk. That was right before we drafted Manning. Also if you can remember the first few years Peyton was here we were atrociously bad. So it's not like he came in and we started winning right away.

You think we could have gotten a better QB than Collins? Let me ask you, who? Did we know Garrard was gonna be kicked to the curb?

I think you are drinking the coolaid that the media is funneling towards you. They also forget to mention how Collins torches the Texans every year with Tennessee.

By first few years you do mean first year right because his second year we went 13-3 and won the AFC East.

While I agree that Collins was the best guy out there and I am very excited to see what he can do he was only 3-2 vs. the Texans as the Titans starter.

I'm sure that Coltsfan40 can defend himself, but I want to point out that he was defending Collins and seems very enthusiastic about him. You seem to be itching for a fight, but that might work better if you picked somebody who actually disagreed with you.

And by the way, Peyton's first few years here were far from atrocious. You should probably do just a tad more research before trying to teach history to someone who actually lived it.

I really am trying to not be a wet blanket but I have to be honest. I am very skeptical.

I think we will see that Manning so completely dictates the game that solid players become Pro Bowl players.

Calling the plays at the line has protected the Colt offensive line for years and it will not be here any more.

The high scoring offense has protected the run defense and I don't think the high scoring offense will be here.

I hope I'm wrong but I think we are going to see just how special Peyton Manning really is.

Collins is a solid quarterback who has been to Pro Bowls but he won't be calling all of the plays at the line, which in my opinion is what makes Manning the most valuable player in the league and probably the most valuable I've ever seen.

I really am trying to not be a wet blanket but I have to be honest. I am very skeptical.

I think we will see that Manning so completely dictates the game that solid players become Pro Bowl players.

Calling the plays at the line has protected the Colt offensive line for years and it will not be here any more.

The high scoring offense has protected the run defense and I don't think the high scoring offense will be here.

I hope I'm wrong but I think we are going to see just how special Peyton Manning really is.

Collins is a solid quarterback who has been to Pro Bowls but he won't be calling all of the plays at the line, which in my opinion is what makes Manning the most valuable player in the league and probably the most valuable I've ever seen.

Collins has been quarterbacking for 14 years in the NFL. Do you not think he can read defenses like a 2nd grade story book? Do you not think he can make adjustments at the line and audible effectively?

Don't be so worried, friend. This game will likely be less than stellar, but we will get better as the year marches forth.

It sounds torturous but, we're going to have to forget about Manning. He never played here....Peyton who?

I'm in...Sigh...(Sorry keeps happening)

Collins took the panthers to the championship game, the giants to the super bowl(all first year with team, and had a good year with the Titans when he had to step in.

We still have Clark, Wayne, and Addai, any quarterback would love to have those three guys.

D needs to step it up and they know it... Nevis, and Powers looked pretty good to me in preseason. I said this was going to be the year to come up with a nickname for the dline in an earlier post, that means a lot more now. We need Lights out!

And we still have The Clutch Kicker!

I will still have my sigh moments this season, but I'm still rooting for these guys! :colts:

I know some of you will question how big of a fan I am, but oh well. ( I've been a fan since PAGEL was our QB ) And it's awesome that you guys think we can compete in our division without MANNING, but we will NOT win the SUPERBOWL at home this year, or make the PLAYOFFS for that matter. Sorry, for being such a debby downer. This season will have more lows than highs, and it sucks. Polian has not prepared the COLTS for this scenario, and that's why the COLTS will struggle. I really wanted the COLTS to win the SUPERBOWL at home....grrrrrr.

I know some of you will question how big of a fan I am, but oh well. ( I've been a fan since PAGEL was our QB ) And it's awesome that you guys think we can compete in our division without MANNING, but we will NOT win the SUPERBOWL at home this year, or make the PLAYOFFS for that matter. Sorry, for being such a debby downer. This season will have more lows than highs, and it sucks. Polian has not prepared the COLTS for this scenario, and that's why the COLTS will struggle. I really wanted the COLTS to win the SUPERBOWL at home....grrrrrr.

Sounds like you gave up. I know this year is going to be different, and my prediction is a slow start with a surprising end. The truth is, we don't know what kind of creature we're dealing with. People are too hung up on Peyton's greatness, and the assumption is that without that greatness we don't have a chance.

Peyton Manning isn't a requirement for a team to win a superbowl. Only one team has ever won a superbowl with Peyton. He, as great as he is, is not required for a team to win.

Don't get discouraged if we get beat up today. Heck, we got beat up last year when we opened against Houston, WITH PEYTON.

Sounds like you gave up. I know this year is going to be different, and my prediction is a slow start with a surprising end. The truth is, we don't know what kind of creature we're dealing with. People are too hung up on Peyton's greatness, and the assumption is that without that greatness we don't have a chance.

Peyton Manning isn't a requirement for a team to win a superbowl. Only one team has ever won a superbowl with Peyton. He, as great as he is, is not required for a team to win.

Don't get discouraged if we get beat up today. Heck, we got beat up last year when we opened against Houston, WITH PEYTON.

I like what parcells said this morning,it's still a winnable division for the colts.