Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Game 1 At Houston Predictions

tfunky14

Here is what I predict:

Colts come out Sunday ticked Sunday since every media experts thinks they can't win without Manning. Ten season of 10 plus wins you need more than one guy to that, Manning is great but he needs help too.

Houston stats for Sunday

Shaub 225 yds 1 TDs 2 int

Foster/Ward 90 yd rush 1 TD

Johnson 100 yds rec 1 TD

Daniels 40 yds rec

1 field goal

Houston 17 points

Colts stats for Sunday

Collins 265 yds 2 TDs 1 INT

Addai/Carter 120 yds rush 1 TD

Wayne 120 yds rec 1 TD

Collie 60 yds rec

Clark 60 yds rec 1 TD

Garcon 40 yds rec

1 field goal

Colts 24

Colts D plays very well in the game

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Houston 34

Colts 17

this game is going to be ugly. Our offense will struggle to put anything on the board and probably won't see points till the second half. The Texans are going to run all over our D and just eat up clock. The only thing in our favor is out kicking game can keep them from long returns.

Here is what I predict:

Colts come out Sunday ticked Sunday since every media experts thinks they can't win without Manning. Ten season of 10 plus wins you need more than one guy to that, Manning is great but he needs help too.

Houston stats for Sunday

Shaub 225 yds 1 TDs 2 int

Foster/Ward 90 yd rush 1 TD

Johnson 100 yds rec 1 TD

Daniels 40 yds rec

1 field goal

Houston 17 points

Colts stats for Sunday

Collins 265 yds 2 TDs 1 INT

Addai/Carter 120 yds rush 1 TD

Wayne 120 yds rec 1 TD

Collie 60 yds rec

Clark 60 yds rec 1 TD

Garcon 40 yds rec

1 field goal

Colts 24

Colts D plays very well in the game

L0L why not go ahead and try to predict the temperature outside the stadium too? Silly dude, just silly.

Colts 24

Texans 17

yeah, I just went there, teams gonna be ticked

Team can be ticked all it wants, the better talent is on the other side of the field and it's a road game. The offense line is a work in progress with alot of progress to come way down the road, you have now a dumbed down offense scheme to help Collins. You have a D who can't stop the run no matter what and will struggle to stop the pass. We were not going to win this game with a 100% Peyton at QB, now the question isn't will we win, but how big of a loss witll it be.

I wonder if I am on a boat by myself, but I think we should give this opportunity to Painter. He is ready to show what he can do, and he has everything to prove. Sure he looked a little rookie'ish at first in the preseason, but I think he will develop his groove, calm down, and put some points on the board. He is young and impressionable. Collins is on his last stretch. Not everyone is a Brett Favre.

My thoughts, as expressed in the Texans thread I had started one minuted before this thread was created ...

I have NOT written the Cotls off. In fact, until I see evidence to the contrary, I remain hopeful that Collins and the Colts will surprise a lot of people. The loss of Manning excepted, the Colts should be MUCH improved as compared to last year's team due to better health at many key positions coupled with key personnel additions. Sure the loss of Manning is a HUGE blow, but at this point I am giving Collins the benefit of the doubt that he will be reasonably effective.

Ergo, I am boldly predicting that this Colts team will upset the Texans!

Assuming I am correct about this week's game and assuming that Collins indeed proves to be serviceable, I am looking for the Colts to enter the bye week with a record of 7-3, maybe 6-4. 5-5 at the absolute worst. Thereafter, I am hopeful they will run it out with a 4 - 2 record for the duration of the season, resulting in a season ending record of between 11-5 and 9-7. As long as the Colts take care of their own divisional games, starting with this weekend against Houston, there is no reason they cannot still win the division, with the players they have and good health.

And don't forget, if his recovery goes well this time, Manning may be back and ready to go by early to mid-December, just in time for an unlikely playoff surge!

Of course, if Collins and the team falls flat on their faces, then I suppose all bets are off. Until I see that happen, though, I am going to cheer the team on, holding the highest of realistic expectations along the way.

Go Colts!

I wonder if I am on a boat by myself, but I think we should give this opportunity to Painter. He is ready to show what he can do, and he has everything to prove. Sure he looked a little rookie'ish at first in the preseason, but I think he will develop his groove, calm down, and put some points on the board. He is young and impressionable. Collins is on his last stretch. Not everyone is a Brett Favre.

The right move is seeing what collins can do, i believe he's gonna do well but we'll have to see. There are doubts about his accuracy, i personally think painter is best suited for the job just cause he has been in the system longer and he is more athletic but hopefully collins can have a good season for the colts.

Hidden

Texans 34 colts 12 sorry i do not trust our defense. We have mediocre DT some what weak LB and crappy CB.

this man must be out of his mind, even with painter and not at full strength the colts were able to put up 14 points against the packers, are you mad man?

I too think the d will come up with a big turnover.....

I will just ditto what Chriss Burman predicted

Colts 24

Texans 23.

Also I know it was preseason, but I think the Colts showed some improvement in running the ball and stopping the run against Green Bays Starters. I'm sure someone will pull stats to discount it, but I think they will do alot better than last years opener.

1 it was preseason

2 they also cut Harrison which is dumb he help that game alot

3 It was one blown coverage

1. So what if it was presaeson, they came into the game and played it as if it was a reg season game

2. I hope your not talking about Marvin Harrison cause if you are idk what to say to that, i mean come on how long ago was that lol

3. Ummm he scored twice? so both werent blown coverages

1. So what if it was presaeson, they came into the game and played it as if it was a reg season game

2. I hope your not talking about Marvin Harrison cause if you are idk what to say to that, i mean come on how long ago was that lol

3. Ummm he scored twice? so both werent blown coverages

ment Tommie Harris

Colts 27

Houston 24

I really do think that Collins can put up some numbers. Of course, since he hasn't been with us long it's also possible our offense could really struggle. If the O does struggle, obviously we are in huge trouble.

Makes sense - and you write like a normal person. What's up with the signature? Makes (what's left of) my hair stand up.;)

Yeah, you are. On a boat lost in the middle of the Atlantic.

Colts 24

texies 20

Collins has to start, and I think the Colts still can win their division, but I somewhat agree with bdog. It depends on the effectiveness of your crystal ball.

I'm optimistic that our o-line and running game can come together enough to let Collins put up some good numbers. I like him as a backup and short term replacement. However I'm a bit concerned about him starting all season. If it turns out that Collins is ineffective and the Colts lose a lot of games early on, I'd much rather give Painter a chance to develop than watch a 38 year old flounder. At least it would provide a long-term benefit for the team, and you never know what might happen. Painter has a lot of talent (and is far more mobile), he just needs to get his mental hitches under control. We know what Collins can do, and it's not going to improve at this point.

That's what practice is for; that's what pre-seasons are for; that's what week 15 of the 2009 season was for. Painter has had his opportunities to prove himself, and that's why we tried to get Hasslebeck, and did get Collins. He's produced 2 good quarters in his 3 years of NFL play.

That's what practice is for; that's what pre-seasons are for; that's what week 15 of the 2009 season was for. Painter has had his opportunities to prove himself, and that's why we tried to get Hasslebeck, and did get Collins. He's produced 2 good quarters in his 3 years of NFL play.

You sound like the guy started his whole 3yrs, when the coaches game planned for a game curtis came out there and he produced, before that there was no game plan and he did not have the starters. wk15 is irrelevant and you know that aint no rookie QB would play well in a game like that.

well i agree on that one, i would rather him over moala anyday.

It seems to me like this front office love to shot themselves in the foot a lot also remind me in the movie Family Guy Star wars Something Something Something Dark side were Peter Griffin continue to shot at the floor and does not get it that he's inside a worm.

Team can be ticked all it wants, the better talent is on the other side of the field and it's a road game. The offense line is a work in progress with alot of progress to come way down the road, you have now a dumbed down offense scheme to help Collins. You have a D who can't stop the run no matter what and will struggle to stop the pass. We were not going to win this game with a 100% Peyton at QB, now the question isn't will we win, but how big of a loss witll it be.

So the run package on D will have no effect in this game?

Our offensive line is a work in progress? I thought there D was one too.

If they blitz that will probably actually help Collins, since all he has to do is key in on the hot receiver and get the ball out quickly.

I know its a message board so you can't hear my voice, but this is my Bob Lamey impersonation: "Touchdown Pierre Garcon".

The texans will key in on Reggie and Dallas. Garcon will be left single covered. Expect him to have a big game.

{

EDIT: also expect Addai to have a great game too. He always runs well when there is something to prove, and dump offs out of the backfield will help too.

}

My prediction:

Texans: 17

Colts: 20

Winning it with a late field goal from someone other than #4, and its gonna be long too.

It's getting old reading everybody saying how awful the colts are without manning. Peyton is no doubt our best player and he is what makes this offense so explosive. But I think Kerry Collins will do just fine. Obviously not as good as manning but the colts will run the ball more to take pressure off kc. If you were a colts player and you see all the people saying how the colts are done would you not be so motivated to go out and show everyone we are still a great team. Anyways I don't think foster will play he hasn't practiced and espn is saying he is doubtful. Anyways we have a bunch of talent and kc will do fine.

Colts 24

Texans 17

So the run package on D will have no effect in this game?

Our offensive line is a work in progress? I thought there D was one too.

If they blitz that will probably actually help Collins, since all he has to do is key in on the hot receiver and get the ball out quickly.

I know its a message board so you can't hear my voice, but this is my Bob Lamey impersonation: "Touchdown Pierre Garcon".

The texans will key in on Reggie and Dallas. Garcon will be left single covered. Expect him to have a big game.

{

EDIT: also expect Addai to have a great game too. He always runs well when there is something to prove, and dump offs out of the backfield will help too.

}

My prediction:

Texans: 17

Colts: 20

Winning it with a late field goal from someone other than #4, and its gonna be long too.

How did we do in Houston last year with nearly a 100% healthy team? You now remove Peyton, insert a even less mobile QB and have key offensive line positions being taken by rookies and or players playing in new positions, add to that a defense that is built to play with a lead, not being behind. People need to wake up and see that we are what we are and that is a team that is not that good.

How did we do in Houston last year with nearly a 100% healthy team? You now remove Peyton, insert a even less mobile QB and have key offensive line positions being taken by rookies and or players playing in new positions, add to that a defense that is built to play with a lead, not being behind. People need to wake up and see that we are what we are and that is a team that is not that good.

Did we have jamal anderson last year? no

did we have tyler brayton last year? no

Did we have drake nevis last year? no

Was the Oline bigger, with diem at Rg last year? no

Was delone carter 2nd on the depth chart last year? no

Just those changes along will turn this team into a much better team

I think YOU need to wake up

If we had a defense built to play with a lead then why does Peyton have all these great 4th quarter comebacks?

When we won both AFC championships didn't we come from behind?

This defense is built to rush the qb, not play with a lead. We also adjusted our D line to add two run stoppers at the DE position. Giving us an effective run package. I personally think the dline is going to be the best dline we have had in years.

Last year has no effect on this year. Both teams have changed dramatically.

Houston has changed there entire defense. There is only one player playing in the same position as he was last year. They have had no minicamp, ota's, a shortened preseason/camp. It takes time to gel.

We have similar issues with our Oline. It takes time to gel.

But if they plan on blitzing which all indications point to they will. I feel it simplifies the game to Collins. He doesn't have to go through any progressions. You just throw it to the hot receiver. Now I have not been at practice so I can only go off of what I saw in the 4th preseason game.

I saw Collins be accurate on his throws with some zip too. That deep ball to Taj Smith was on the money. Collins is also comfortable dumping off to the backs out of the backfield ie. CJ with the titans.

You listen way to much to the Mike and Mike's of the world. At times they have some good thoughts, but they are not the end all be all.

Houston was the worst, I mean down right terrible on defense, last in the league. You can add a Wade Phillips and a player here and there and they still will be bottom 5 in the league.

Non moblie QBs in the NFL are Both Manning and Collins--thats a wash comparision

who says the defense is built to play with a lead, its a defense to play defense, that phrase by the so called experts is nonsense.