Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Vs Houston Texans - Keep The Faith!

rockywoj

I have NOT written the Cotls off. In fact, until I see evidence to the contrary, I remain hopeful that Collins and the Colts will surprise a lot of people. The loss of Manning excepted, the Colts should be MUCH improved as compared to last year's team due to better health at many key positions coupled with key personnel additions. Sure the loss of Manning is a HUGE blow, but at this point I am giving Collins the benefit of the doubt that he will be reasonably effective.

Ergo, I am boldly predicting that this Colts team will upset the Texans!

Assuming I am correct about this week's game and assuming that Collins indeed proves to be serviceable, I am looking for the Colts to enter the bye week with a record of 7-3, maybe 6-4. 5-5 at the absolute worst. Thereafter, I am hopeful they will run it out with a 4 - 2 record for the duration of the season, resulting in a season ending record of between 11-5 and 9-7. As long as the Colts take care of their own divisional games, starting with this weekend against Houston, there is no reason they cannot still win the division, with the players they have and good health.

And don't forget, if his recovery goes well this time, Manning may be back and ready to go by early to mid-December, just in time for an unlikely playoff surge!

Of course, if Collins and the team falls flat on their faces, then I suppose all bets are off. Until I see that happen, though, I am going to cheer the team on, holding the highest of realistic expectations along the way.

Go Colts!