Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck snubbed for Pro Bowl in favour of Schaub.

Dan

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hear, hear! This is exactly what needs to be said. Why do we have to hate RG3 to like Luck? It's ridiculous. Why do so many fans have to hate another player to validate their fandom? And in this case, it's bitterness toward a player who doesn't even matter to our team. They will meet only once every 4 years (barring a Superbowl matchup). There is no real rivalry here. If you are feeling insecure about Luck, belittling RG3 won't really make you feel any more confident. And you needn't feel that way because Luck has all of the attributes needed to be a great NFL QB.

To all of the RG3 lovers on this board. Why are you here trying to start fights? That is trolling. We don't need that. If that is the only reason you are here, we don't need you.

+1

people here hate on RG3 because they're insecure about Luck. They have a lot invested in being right since there were many disputes over first cutting manning and then whether or not to pick luck. My guess is a lot of people left these boards after the dust settled but occasionally come back with alts to troll.

Andrew Luck = number 1 pick commonly referred to as the best pick.

Robert Griffin = number 2 pick, commonly referred to as the 2nd best pick.

Now, go back to your boards and spread the good news, Redskin fans. Andrew Luck has decided to change the way the game is played. Hurry, tell your friends if you have any. Tell them there is no shame in being 2nd. Griffin is a superhero nut. He knows for every Batman there must be a Robin. I will from here on call him Robin Griffin III and I would appreciate you referring to Andrew as The Batman and Reggie as Mr. Wayne and Arians as Bruce.

Sorry, but this is how silly this thread has become :)

I wanted Glenn. Heck I wanted to trade the pick and gobble up as much OL/RB and DB talent as possible. So you are preaching to the choir on that one. My point is that Arians, and the weapons drafted instead of an OL was predicated by Irsay's decision. Arians simply did what he does with what was given to him. People complain that Arians throws (long) too much but relish the rookie passing yards record. They want their cake and to eat it too.

The thread was about Luck getting snubbed and I dont' think he was. I think if he deserved to go, he would be going. I see Manning, Brady, Big Ben, Schaub and even carson palmer getting votes before Luck.

As for my comparison of Luck to the Coalition...I'll share how I view the decision...

As I said back in March. You don't trade a constant for a variable. You change the variables into constants if you want success in the NFL because its all about consistency in execution.

So yes, I wanted a better Offensive Line and a better QB behind it.

Manning 2010 (having what I would consider a bad year)

Att: 679

CMP: 450

CMP%: 66.3

YDS:4700

TD:33

INT:17

Sacks:16/91

Coalition of Collins/Painter/Orlovsky

ATT:534

CMP:302

CMP%:56% (Dan was 63%)

TD:14

INT:14

Sacks 35/228

Luck 2012

Att:599

CMP: 325

CMP% 54%

YDS: 4183

TD:21

INT:40/239

If this was a line graph of QB production you would see a huge drop-off in 2011 followed by a flat line.

My only argument or disagreement in that would be the comparison of veteran Manning vs a rookie Luck, Also Manning was sacked 22 times his rookie year(the reason there is no conceivable way that Luck has a better O Line around him in his rookie year) and that his completion percentage was only 2.4 percent better. I understand not changing a constant but that constant does not have a long career ahead of him and I would have like to have seen a couple more variables added along the Line but I am sure that will happen soon

RGiii is teh leet uber pwnages noobs all over the place and uses contra code hax!

konamicode.png

Thread ends now!

predatordf50b01191454.gif

It's like comparing a square to a rectangle!

My qb is better than yers because he :cheer:  and :monkeydance: but Rgiii has a better :banana: but Luck will ultimately be :thanks:  while Matt Knight Schuableahlanon :nutz:

I love how the title is about Luck being out due to Schaub but the entire thread is pretty much about RG3.

Sigh.....

There is not much really to say about it, Schaub earned it, Luck has had a good rookie year but just does not deserve it over the 3 that are going 

I love how the title is about Luck being out due to Schaub but the entire thread is pretty much about RG3.

Sigh.....

Yep, And I keep finding myself in the awkward position of feeling like I need to defend Griffin from Luck fanboys, when I don't even like his play style. I much prefer a pocket passer.

Double sigh...

Well no more! I'm joining in on the RG3 bashing from now on. RG3 sucks! He'll never be worthy of carrying Luck's jock strap! Hey, I feel a lot better about having Luck as a QB now. RG3 bashing does work wonders for low self esteem.

There is not much really to say about it, Schaub earned it, Luck has had a good rookie year but just does not deserve it over the 3 that are going 

So a QB who has average stats, a top 5 running game, a top 10 D...     and was the preseason SB Champ by many "deserves" it?   

OVER a QB who is a rookie, who has NO running game, an average at best D, and who just took the worst team in the NFL last season to a 10 win (and counting) season? 

OK...    

I wanted Glenn. Heck I wanted to trade the pick and gobble up as much OL/RB and DB talent as possible. So you are preaching to the choir on that one. My point is that Arians, and the weapons drafted instead of an OL was predicated by Irsay's decision. Arians simply did what he does with what was given to him. People complain that Arians throws (long) too much but relish the rookie passing yards record. They want their cake and to eat it too.

The thread was about Luck getting snubbed and I dont' think he was. I think if he deserved to go, he would be going. I see Manning, Brady, Big Ben, Schaub and even carson palmer getting votes before Luck.

As for my comparison of Luck to the Coalition...I'll share how I view the decision...

As I said back in March. You don't trade a constant for a variable. You change the variables into constants if you want success in the NFL because its all about consistency in execution.

So yes, I wanted a better Offensive Line and a better QB behind it.

Manning 2010 (having what I would consider a bad year)

Att: 679

CMP: 450

CMP%: 66.3

YDS:4700

TD:33

INT:17

Sacks:16/91

Coalition of Collins/Painter/Orlovsky

ATT:534

CMP:302

CMP%:56% (Dan was 63%)

TD:14

INT:14

Sacks 35/228

Luck 2012

Att:599

CMP: 325

CMP% 54%

YDS: 4183

TD:21

INT:40/239

If this was a line graph of QB production you would see a huge drop-off in 2011 followed by a flat line.

40 interceptions? Are all Broncos fans immune to stat checking? Get your % together

So a QB who has average stats, a top 5 running game, a top 10 D...     and was the preseason SB Champ by many "deserves" it?   

OVER a QB who is a rookie, who has NO running game, an average at best D, and who just took the worst team in the NFL last season to a 10 win (and counting) season? 

OK...    

Schaub beat the Ravens, Bears, Broncos. 12 beat...the Packers? That's all I can think of. 12 didn't turn this team around all on his own. Your FO started that by cutting and adding players in the offseason. The QB cannot be solely attributed to the way the season has turned out. Plus, 12 has turned the ball over way too much and has made rookie mistakes as is expected. He does not deserve the spot over the seasoned and good decision-making QB. Not at all.

I can't get over Mathis getting in over Freeman...    that is simply comical.

What about Jeff Saturday. I mean come on, yeah we all love Jeff but someone tell me who has watched this Green Bay season all year and if he deserved the pro bowl. He was not benched for fun. He has been shaky.

KC has a lot of pro bowlers too. But, to be honest I think that team has some talent on it, they just do not have a QB. Not having a QB is bad LUCK........

Wellll..   when he has tied the NFL record for 4th quarter/ OT comeback wins I guess he is a tad bit responsible.  

Matt Schaub is a good QB.       GOOD.

Flacco, Luck, Dalton, Palmer, Rivers...   all comparable stats with not nearly the team around them.

JMO  

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/quarterbackRating/year/2012/seasontype/2

Schaub beat the Ravens, Bears, Broncos. 12 beat...the Packers? That's all I can think of. 12 didn't turn this team around all on his own. Your FO started that by cutting and adding players in the offseason. The QB cannot be solely attributed to the way the season has turned out. Plus, 12 has turned the ball over way too much and has made rookie mistakes as is expected. He does not deserve the spot over the seasoned and good decision-making QB. Not at all.

Wellll..   when he has tied the NFL record for 4th quarter/ OT comeback wins I guess he is a tad bit responsible.  

Matt Schaub is a good QB.       GOOD.

Flacco, Luck, Dalton, Palmer, Rivers...   all comparable stats with not nearly the team around them.

JMO  

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/quarterbackRating/year/2012/seasontype/2

Putting your team in the position to have to force comebacks isn't something I would particularly brag about but to each his own. Flacco has a better receiving core than Schaub, as does Dalton. Ponder can just turn around, hand the ball to AP, and let him do the rest. Don't even get me started with Rivers.

Well considering Arians is asking Luck to throw 27% of his passes >15 yards down field on 599 pass attempts I guess mistakes are going to happen.

Schaub 18% on 90 fewer attempts, RG3 18% on 225 fewer attempts, Rodgers 21% on 77 fewer attempts.     Get where I am going with this?   And the vast majority of Luck's boo boo's have come in 4 games CHI, NYJ, NE, and DET.     (11)  1-3 in those games.  

Luck has thrown INT's and a third of them have been plain bad throws but NO QB in the NFL is being asked to do as much DOWN FIELD.   

http://wp.advancednflstats.com/playerstats.php?*=QB

Putting your team in the position to have to force comebacks isn't something I would particularly brag about but to each his own. Flacco has a better receiving core than Schaub, as does Dalton. Ponder can just turn around, hand the ball to AP, and let him do the rest. Don't even get me started with Rivers.

Well considering Arians is asking Luck to throw 27% of his passes >15 yards down field on 599 pass attempts I guess mistakes are going to happen.

Schaub 18% on 90 fewer attempts, RG3 18% on 225 fewer attempts, Rodgers 21% on 77 fewer attempts.     Get where I am going with this?   And the vast majority of Luck's boo boo's have come in 4 games CHI, NYJ, NE, and DET.     (11)  1-3 in those games.  

Luck has thrown INT's and a third of them have been plain bad throws but NO QB in the NFL is being asked to do as much DOWN FIELD.   

/thread

Bro your squad played the exact same schedule Indy did...    With the exception of 2 games...   oh and by he way..   Indy beat GB and Minny....   how did you all?   Heck if Indy doesn't muff a punt we clown you.

Carry on...   :)

Again...not something I would particularly brag about, especially when you take into account the competition that you have faced this year.

As another poster mentioned, the public and the coaches are looking at the way the QB is executing the offense, no matter how much more or less he has to throw than other quarterbacks. It seems 12 has not performed well enough in the eyes of his peers, other coaches, or fans, and unfortunately you have to impress these guys to get to the Pro Bowl. And it's the way the interceptions have come, not the interceptions themselves that are unsettling. Squeezing the ball and throwing while going down aren't very good decisions and need to be worked on. Enough said.

Bro your squad played the exact same schedule Indy did...    With the exception of 2 games...   oh and by he way..   Indy beat GB and Minny....   how did you all?   Heck if Indy doesn't muff a punt we clown you.

Carry on...   :)

We beat the Broncos, Bears, and Ravens, none of which I have faith in the Colts to beat at all. We beat you too, in case you forgot...by what was it, 29-17? 12 points, muffed punt or not lmao. We'll see who'll be doing the clowning come Sunday.

Oh yeah, and we've only lost 3 games, two to elite quarterbacks. You've lost to Blainey down in Jacksonville. So... :cheer:

Find me one quote from a "coach" not praising Luck's play...

Not some sweat pant wearing, tater chip eating, chubby media type...

As another poster mentioned, the public and the coaches are looking at the way the QB is executing the offense, no matter how much more or less he has to throw than other quarterbacks. It seems 12 has not performed well enough in the eyes of his peers, other coaches, or fans, and unfortunately you have to impress these guys to get to the Pro Bowl. And it's the way the interceptions have come, not the interceptions themselves that are unsettling. Squeezing the ball and throwing while going down aren't very good decisions and need to be worked on. Enough said.

lmao just stop. You are owning this thread tonight and making me laugh my butt off and I keep wanting to go but I keep reading. lmao

How am I going to find a quote that has someone not praising another person. That quote would be, you know, nonexistent. Coaches vote on the Pro Bowl too, and Manning, Schaub, and Brady seems to have impressed them more than 12. Votes don't lie my friend. 12 is good but he is not Pro Bowl good. Not yet. But if it means so much to you, I believe that one of the three QBs in the Pro Bowl now will end up in the Super Bowl anyway, so your boy will get his chance to go against the best of the NFC. There you go, problem solved.

OK...    

The pro bowl fans/voters should not  take into consideration what said QB's team was favored to accomplish, Schaub has better numbers then Luck thats really all that needs to be said, If anyone got shafted it was Flacco or Dalton

The pro bowl fans/voters should not  take into consideration what said QB's team was favored to accomplish, Schaub has better numbers then Luck thats really all that needs to be said, If anyone got shafted it was Flacco or Dalton

Oh God, not Flacco. I don't care what his numbers are. Dude bugs me so much and might have the worst pocket awareness in the league.

No, Schaub should be faulted and does not deserve to go to the Pro Bowl because he was the "pre season SB champ." I mean, that only makes sense, right? ;)

No, Schaub should be faulted and does not deserve to go to the Pro Bowl because he was the "pre season SB champ." I mean, that only makes sense, right? ;)

Hey as long as he is not the Post Season SB champ right.  ;)  :thmup: .........In all seriousness congrats

OK...    

You can look at it that way...or you can also say that

A QB who had the easiest schedule in the league and had zero expectations as a rookie leading the worst team in the NFL vs

A QB that had a ton of expectations this year leading his team to one of the best records in the NFL, a division title and good stats.

Matt Schaub completed almost 65% of his passes this year.  He's only thrown 10 picks...why are people downplaying his production?  He's got some good numbers this year.  Some people on this board act like he is having one of the worst seasons for a quarterback.

We beat the Broncos, Bears, and Ravens, none of which I have faith in the Colts to beat at all. We beat you too, in case you forgot...by what was it, 29-17? 12 points, muffed punt or not lmao. We'll see who'll be doing the clowning come Sunday.

Oh yeah, and we've only lost 3 games, two to elite quarterbacks. You've lost to Blainey down in Jacksonville. So... :cheer:

That is somewhat enigmatic though, beating two teams the Texans were annihilated by. However we did get annihilated by the Bears. The NFL sure does work in mysterious ways. Definitely wouldn't suprise me though at all if the Colts won this Sunday, wouldn't suprise me if the Texans did also.

That is somewhat of anomaly though, beating two teams the Texans were annihilated by. However we did get annihilated by the Bears. The NFL sure does work in mysterious ways. Definitely wouldn't suprise me though at all if the Colts won this Sunday, wouldn't suprise me if the Texans did also.

True. I wonder if this is a sign that we will eventually meet in the playoffs or in the AFC Championship too... :hmm: haha

True. I wonder if this is a sign that we will eventually meet in the playoffs or in the AFC Championship too... :hmm: haha

I would think eventually somewhere down the lines. Texans have some good years left in them while the Colts appear to be a young upcoming team. Would be miraculous this year but I definitely foresee it in the future.

I would think eventually somewhere down the lines. Texans have some good years left in them while the Colts appear to be a young upcoming team. Would be miraculous this year but I definitely foresee it in the future.

As do I. This could turn into an interesting rivalry.